IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Sliced the shit out of my thumb on my right hand using the mandoline to slice potatoes. Then started bleeding all over the potatoes so I had to throw them in the compost and start all over again. Bollocks.

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Sliced the shit out of my thumb on my right hand using the mandoline to slice potatoes. Then started bleeding all over the potatoes so I had to throw them in the compost and start all over again. Bollocks.

I woulda eaten the blood tbh

5 minutes ago, drillkicker said:
38 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I woulda eaten the blood tbh

If it was just me yeah, but fam probably not down with it.

Blood seems like it would compliment potatoes.  But I guess it is rude to serve your guests human blood, even if it's your own.

SFWP haven't eaten anything yet today, it's 8pm, yet I feel like I've already eaten something.  Why's it gotta be like this?

My brother's wife smoked 2 incredibly dank smelling joints inside my house on sunday (normally would have asked her to step out because of how incredibly smelly the weed she was smoking was but there was a snowstorm...). And I'm still catching whiffs of it coming from the curtains in my bedroom. I smoke cigarettes and the occasional hash joint inside, which means my place sometimes smells like disgusting 2nd hand smoke anyway but this vile marijuana is a fucking olfactory nightmare.   

13 minutes ago, yekker said:

spiders in your sleep...

More like

I have no idea who uploaded all these ZN tracks to youtube.  This track's from maybe 2005, and was only posted on acidplanet.com back when it was a thing.  Kind of a cool track... haven't listened in over a decade.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, user said:

My brother's wife smoked 2 incredibly dank smelling joints inside my house on sunday (normally would have asked her to step out because of how incredibly smelly the weed she was smoking was but there was a snowstorm...). And I'm still catching whiffs of it coming from the curtains in my bedroom. I smoke cigarettes and the occasional hash joint inside, which means my place sometimes smells like disgusting 2nd hand smoke anyway but this vile marijuana is a fucking olfactory nightmare.   

Good news it's now so cold you could just open a very small window and have your entire house completely aired out in five minutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chenGOD said:

a classic

what a noob

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

a classic

what a noob

noob would imply that this is my first time using a mandoline, I can state with certainty that i have used one many times before and only sliced open fingers approximately 25% of the time.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

noob would imply that this is my first time using a mandoline, I can state with certainty that i have used one many times before and only sliced open fingers approximately 25% of the time.

Noob implies that people with experience don't slice potatoes using a mandoline.

Experienced cooks only use mandolines for chopping off bits of their fingers.

23 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Noob implies that people with experience don't slice potatoes using a mandoline.

Experienced cooks only use mandolines for chopping off bits of their fingers.

Professional chefs manage to slice both potatoes and fingers. :emotawesomepm9:

I was confused by the discussion for a while because I didn't realize the word mandoline or mandolin is also used for a type of slicer. I only knew the musical instrument mandolin..

Mandolin.jpg

• Thanks 1

Real chefs slice their potatoes with actual mandolins.  Old mandolins from the 18th century stained with the blood of peasants' fingers.  Blood from both playing the instrument and slicing their own potatoes with it.  The peasants, I mean.  Real chefs don't play mandolin; they only cook with it.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 2

7 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Good news it's now so cold you could just open a very small window and have your entire house completely aired out in five minutes.

I’ve aired my house several times since then but like dingformung said some strains permeate and penetrate like cat piss. 

7 hours ago, dingformung said:

These smells don't go away easily. Some weed strains smell exactly like cat piss once the smoke becomes stale

Solution: Lampe Berger

Not a fan of these aroma distributers. I like nice smells but these are often too sweet and artificial and become like some annoying aromatic background noise. And in a great feat of cognitive dissonance I’m fine sitting in a slightly smoky room but worry about the air I’m breathing when there’s one of those smellifiers around. 

I tried out my new jump rope at home last night for about 10 minutes, only to find that I tire very quickly. Have to take frequent rests, but more importantly I had to refrain from overdoing it so my shins don't cramp up. I've had shin splints too many times over the last three years and I hate them.

I should wear shoes next time too because when the jump rope hits your unprotected toes, that shit stings.

49 minutes ago, user said:

Not a fan of these aroma distributers. I like nice smells but these are often too sweet and artificial and become like some annoying aromatic background noise. And in a great feat of cognitive dissonance I’m fine sitting in a slightly smoky room but worry about the air I’m breathing when there’s one of those smellifiers around. 

Yeah, I dislike these sort of smells, too. It's not really an aroma distributer first and foremost, it's more an air purifier, and has a smell called "neutral", which smells like nothing but still cleans the air and removes stains. Also helps against germs and stuff. They used to be used in hospitals for that purpose.

• Like 1