IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

9 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

Waiting in line to pick up my prescription at CVS and had to listen to an entire Peter Cetera song.  Barf

Was it Glory of Love? 
also I feel like Peter Etcetera would be a good vapourwave name, like those other clever ones (com truise etc)

When I drive my car in speed higher than 120 km/h the sound of engine becomes very loud. But the sound is coming from only slight forward and below so I suspect it must be something wrong with the exhaust pipe, specifically where the pipe connects with the engine. I could describe the sound like a resonance of some sort. But who knows, the car has 280.000 km on it...

On top of that, the left speaker channel on my vintage receiver stopped working.

Awesome.

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

all the local deps owners are starting to recognize me, they're going to start piecing together that my quarantine diet consists entirely of energy drank & clif bars

Mmm clif bars ?

• Like 1

clif bars are like if they took healthy snack bar aesthetics & made an actual snack snack bar out of them. it's like when zizek talks about decaf coffee, but with another layer of abstraction applied. i'm into it

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Was it Glory of Love? 
also I feel like Peter Etcetera would be a good vapourwave name, like those other clever ones (com truise etc)

Close, it was "next time I fall in love."  Was Glory of Love the one from Karate Kid 2?  G'dam that movie/soundtrack combo sucked hard.   It's ridiculous that one person could take something as inherently awful as the power ballad and through sheer formulaic banality drag it to uncharted depths.  Playing it through a retail establishement PA is an affront to basic human decency IMO.  It can't even be enjoyed ironically like yacht rock or even Kenny G and for that reason - and as your attorney - I'd advise against this Nome-de-plume, as pluperfect as it may be.  Definitely drop it in the Influx of thread and I'll gladly upborger it. ?

3 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

clif bars are like if they took healthy snack bar aesthetics & made an actual snack snack bar out of them. it's like when zizek talks about decaf coffee, but with another layer of abstraction applied. i'm into it

I haven't had a clif bar in years since I was diagnosed celiac, but do they still have the origin story on the packaging about how their hippie crunchy asses were out ripping snowboard bingers to phish and needed a mellow of craveage and then clif pulled some shit out the campervan and that's when the capitalism kicked in?  I member that as the ur-coolstorybro

• Burger 1

4 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

Close, it was "next time I fall in love."  Was Glory of Love the one from Karate Kid 2?  G'dam that movie/soundtrack combo sucked hard.   It's ridiculous that one person could take something as inherently awful as the power ballad and through sheer formulaic banality drag it to uncharted depths.  Playing it through a retail establishement PA is an affront to basic human decency IMO.  It can't even be enjoyed ironically like yacht rock or even Kenny G and for that reason - and as your attorney - I'd advise against this Nome-de-plume, as pluperfect as it may be.  Definitely drop it in the Influx of thread and I'll gladly upborger it. ?

Indeed, I had forgotten about the association with Karate Kid 2. Man i just went and watched the official video for it, and dude looks like a serial rapist. Maybe Tepid Etcetera?

On the other hand, it did lead me to this absolutely brilliant interview with Marlon Brando on the Dick Cavett show:

My respect for the man keeps growing.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

at first i thought that lime was being poured onto flamin hot cinnamon sticks & i felt like someone had told me osama bin laden had come back to life

Spoiler

vaporwave concept: Multiskability, a ska sampling project in the style of Mark Fell

• Like 1

Got excited last night when I discovered a bag of Little Caesar's garlic bread sticks hidden at the back of my pizza delivery bag (big order last night, must have fallen by the wayside).  Turns out they're godawful.  Did that customer a favour.

Also, a restaurant worker expressed her anger at me turning up later than she would have liked - first instance of this happening in over 3000 deliveries, which is quite surprising!  She said something about "10 minutes ago" and I replied "yeah, that sounds about right" then left with the two subway sandwiches (flol).  It was such a reasonable amount of time, so I'm not really sure what the issue was.  What a weird thing to get indignant about.  Guess this is a SFWP for her rather than me.  She would have wanted some kind of acknowledgement, so I'm leaving it here.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 2

thinking about getting an iPad for all teh reasons but can't really talk myself into it and having buyer's remorse before even pulling the trigger.  some of the audio stuff looks great.. Ape soft and amazing noises FX, drambo and sunvox.. but i think it'd end up using the logic remote thing and ibooks and youtube more than any audio stuff so seems dumb to get one and distract myself further from shit i should be doing. 

i've done vexed myself here. i should spend 4 hours today doing max sequencer tutorials. there's a hockey game on at noon though. how to get properly obsessed with something? 

• Farnsworth 1

I'm gonna strongly suggest you don't do it. IME, iPads for music are beyond annoying. The apps can be great fun on their own, though a lot of them are one-trick ponies, toys, or eclipsed by various VSTs. And if you got into hardware because of the tactile/hands-on approach, well, a touch screen is going to be disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, luke viia said:

I'm gonna strongly suggest you don't do it. IME, iPads for music are beyond annoying. The apps can be great fun on their own, though a lot of them are one-trick ponies, toys, or eclipsed by various VSTs. And if you got into hardware because of the tactile/hands-on approach, well, a touch screen is going to be disappointing.

i know people do interesting things w/them but i do think for me it's still in the realm of convenient gadget. still the http://www.apesoft.it stuff looks really interesting. same as amazing noises stuff. there's a few apps that look like interesting remix rearrange type things and drambo seems like an elektron style sequencer married to a modular synth... but i agree i think ultimately i'd be annoyed and use the computer. also i think ipad would be a distraction from things i should be doing.. so yeah.. this is how i continuously talk myself out of it as far as music use goes. ipad as a controller might be useful but i think i'd end up looking at youtube and some iBooks and manuals with it propped up next to the laptop as i try to figure out how to unfuck the max thing i'm trying to build. 

No, don't... For the watmm and the salv.

I forgot who was who. I really should sleep. You be you. Don't be drunk.

Edited by Silent Member

I'm too tired to do most of those things.  I haven't slept since Friday (and that was a very bad sleep).  I don't have energy to do anything and I can't fall asleep at all.  Also my body hurts in many places right now.

Also my brain won't stop fixating on things until they become massive anxiety episodes.  Marijuana is the only thing keeping me distracted from this cycle but it can only do so much.

Edited by drillkicker