IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I've been experiencing a bad luck phase lately. My glasses, the rain, my laptop, my internet... Someone hates me.

This is going to sound crazy but I find when I start focusing on negative things like that... more negative things seem to happen... =S

Try thinking good things, maybe good things will happen =)

I've been experiencing a bad luck phase lately. My glasses, the rain, my laptop, my internet... Someone hates me.

This is going to sound crazy but I find when I start focusing on negative things like that... more negative things seem to happen... =S

Try thinking good things, maybe good things will happen =)

Yeah. It's an extraordinary thing for me, really. But I try to stay calm and just focus in solving my problems. Though, really, really, fucking really, it's a really bad luck phase. I hope it ends soon.

im back at home living with my parents after splitting with my girlfriend

funny thing is, i can listen to techno REALLY REALLY LOUD and they dont care up till bed time. bonus

im back at home living with my parents after splitting with my girlfriend

funny thing is, i can listen to techno REALLY REALLY LOUD and they dont care up till bed time. bonus

swings and roundabouts then hey

Perhaps its karma for all those cockroaches you killed. How could you!

my printer which has been in storage (bad idea) and which calibrated itself to my monitor perfectly by itself has now left a black mark on a print of a bumblebee

Edited by lala

Perhaps its karma for all those cockroaches you killed. How could you!

Yeah, I've killed a lot. But I forgive crickets Crickets are bros; they make music. Cockroaches just fucking poop and fly all over my room.

My co-worker/boss started to fall asleep driving 80 mph. He was really groggy and weird all day, but ok at times. It was for no real reason - I think he needlessly didn't sleep last night. So he was acting like he could drive then just fucking dozed off. After that I took over and eventually lectured him about how upset I was he would even do something like that. I felt like a disappointed dad.

I usually go straight home after work but I stopped at a corner store for cheap tallboy beer cans and unwound at home.

I'm leaving for an extended weekend vacation tomorrow, thank god.

Edited by joshuatx

My co-worker/boss started to fall asleep driving 80 mph. He was really groggy and weird all day, but ok at times. It was for no real reason - I think he needlessly didn't sleep last night. So he was acting like he could drive then just fucking dozed off. After that I took over and eventually lectured him about how upset I was he would even do something like that. I felt like a disappointed dad.

that's really scary. =/

glad you're alright

John Lewis have halted their free monthly cake/hot beverage offer (worth £5) because too many people have taken advantage of it.

It was literally the only thing I had to look forward to. Scum. Sub human scum.

John Lewis have halted their free monthly cake/hot beverage offer (worth £5) because too many people have taken advantage of it.

It was literally the only thing I had to look forward to. Scum. Sub human scum.

Why would they offer something to only be surprised people want it? Did they think it would only appeal to ten people and everyone else would gladly pay full price?

I usually go straight home after work but I stopped at a corner store for cheap tallboy beer cans and unwound at home.

I remember coming back from Ozzfest in some guy's rancid old Austin Metro and he admitted after he started driving that he was tired. And that the alcohol he had been drinking all day hadn't helped. And he was playing Changes by Black Sabbath on repeat as we drove.

Whenever I hear that song, I feel as if I am staring death in the face. I share your terror.

Guest jasondonervan

Family wedding tomorrow. Some family members attending that I've not seen in over twenty years, really not looking forward to making with the inevitable small talk while the lingering chuff of anonymity hangs heavy in the air.

Family wedding tomorrow. Some family members attending that I've not seen in over twenty years, really not looking forward to making with the inevitable small talk while the lingering chuff of anonymity hangs heavy in the air.

make sure to bring your portfolio of all the shops you've made for watmm

Guest jasondonervan

make sure to bring your portfolio of all the shops you've made for watmm

lel

"So, what have you been up to for all this time?"

*scrolls through shops on iPad*

"I see... well, it was nice catching up"

*doesn't see for another 20 years*

I'm depressed*, but not at the absolute shithole pit of depression, and feeling kind of withdrawn and unable to be sufficiently happy around my wife, and I'm anxious due to job stress, and my digestive system is accordingly quite fucked, and all I want to do is go home and take a nap with my dumb cat purring away because it's the only thing that helps, somehow, probably because I know that he has no expectations of me other than being a useful living pillow

*and writing about it makes me feel like an attention seeking douchebag but I have to write it somewhere for some reason, pls ignore

It sounds like you need a reset or vacation... Maybe just asking about how your wifes day has been while hanging with the cat and enjoying some take-out or tea might be all that you need feel a little more happy and connected, or better yet and/or with that suggestion - surprise her with something and the smile and excitement that radiates off can be a big boost. I know it's probably not stemming from her, but being your partner she may be able to play a big help if you're maybe more open about your issues with what you are stressed about. It always makes me happy to make others happy... Also, this is another lame one - Maybe try going for a long-ass walk or a jog when you can, endorphins and excersize can do a lot for digestive and emotional issues, I was shocked how much happier I became by just running a few times a week and cutting out caffeine.

Disclaimer- I'm turning 24 in a few days, I have never been married, work in an industrial cannabis grow, I have never had a successful long-term relationship that didn't end in horror and I enjoy my cat and plants more than people most of the time... but one thing I do know is breaking out of funks. Generally it's a scenic location away from people in my home of the Pacific NW, maybe with a few close friends, some psychedelics, entactogens, booze and no cellphones or technology besides a tent, supplies and fire to cook stuff and stay warm. It doesn't work for everyone and I don't suggest it to anyone who doesn't want to try it, but it helps me quite a bit on a bi-to-once a year occasion.

hope this helps a little, and please don't chastise me too much for my pansy answers to real problems. :beer:

I'm depressed*, but not at the absolute shithole pit of depression, and feeling kind of withdrawn and unable to be sufficiently happy around my wife, and I'm anxious due to job stress, and my digestive system is accordingly quite fucked, and all I want to do is go home and take a nap with my dumb cat purring away because it's the only thing that helps, somehow, probably because I know that he has no expectations of me other than being a useful living pillow

*and writing about it makes me feel like an attention seeking douchebag but I have to write it somewhere for some reason, pls ignore

It sounds like you need a reset or vacation... Maybe just asking about how your wifes day has been while hanging with the cat and enjoying some take-out or tea might be all that you need feel a little more happy and connected, or better yet and/or with that suggestion - surprise her with something and the smile and excitement that radiates off can be a big boost. I know it's probably not stemming from her, but being your partner she may be able to play a big help if you're maybe more open about your issues with what you are stressed about. It always makes me happy to make others happy... Also, this is another lame one - Maybe try going for a long-ass walk or a jog when you can, endorphins and excersize can do a lot for digestive and emotional issues, I was shocked how much happier I became by just running a few times a week and cutting out caffeine.

Disclaimer- I'm turning 24 in a few days, I have never been married, work in an industrial cannabis grow, I have never had a successful long-term relationship that didn't end in horror and I enjoy my cat and plants more than people most of the time... but one thing I do know is breaking out of funks. Generally it's a scenic location away from people in my home of the Pacific NW, maybe with a few close friends, some psychedelics, entactogens, booze and no cellphones or technology besides a tent, supplies and fire to cook stuff and stay warm. It doesn't work for everyone and I don't suggest it to anyone who doesn't want to try it, but it helps me quite a bit on a bi-to-once a year occasion.

hope this helps a little, and please don't chastise me too much for my pansy answers to real problems. :beer:

Psychadelics yes, very gourd.

Your advice is pretty much the same I would give, spot on.

Baph feel better soon, I hate getting into a funk like that...

The "reset" answer is a good one for some people. But sometimes you're in a situation that you can't "reset" from. Or it puts your day-to-day in even starker contrast (leading to more sads). So while I definitely encourage getting the fuck out and giving yourself a break, I'll also add this.

Don't feel bad about feeling bad. Depression is a bitch and one of its oldest tricks is to make you feel like you failed because you're sad. That's just not true. Reach out and get some help. If you feel sad for no reason, it's not your fault. A shitty problem has taken up residence in you and has hurt your perspective. If you have recurring problems with depression, get therapy and decide if you want to try meds. These are the only things that have helped me in my day-to-day. Trips have changed my life and given me joy, but when you're back, you still have to deal with stuff.

Good luck man, I feel for you. PM if you wanna talk.

^^^ I totally agree with the above. I added the disclaimer as most people have more going on in their lives than I - and my problems are solved in a fairly juvenile way most of the time. I can only offer what little has worked for me.

I hope ya feel batter baph!

Thanks, everyone. Yeah, I could definitely use a break, and almost everything that's fucking me up right now is probably related to job stress... but the reality is I can't take even a few days off without getting fired or pissing off clients when everyone else inevitably drops the ball in my absence, so that's... always nice. Feeling pretty unappreciated for all my efforts and undermined on others, which just adds to feeling defeated.

My wife was unemployed for most of the summer and is just getting back into work so I've been going at it a bit hard and trying to power through a bunch of shit, which is undoubtedly bad mental health practice, but I mean, what can you do?

Life is fucking hard, oh well.

Guest fiznuthian

i meet what is hands down the sweetest girl i have ever met, on the internet of all places, and without even trying. i grow immensely fond of her mind and to my surprise it's reciprocated quicker than I let on. i feel blessed but she lives halfway across the planet. this is tremendously scary for a guy like me, largely at the mercy of my own inhibitions and fears. it feels good and i'm going to continue going forward with the hope she will stick through my pile of shit enough to hold her hand in mine. for this to work at all i must travel now. will she feel the same about me in my flesh? is this internet or real life? am i dreaming? can i really be this lucky?

Edited by fiznuthian

I'm doing music for an ad for an app company, and it may well be the most tasteless electronic music I've ever made. Gonna lol hard if they're thrilled with it... and I have a feeling they will be, based on what they've requested. So many clashing elements... ad music is weird.

Ugh... I relistened to it after having an internet break, and it's even worse than I thought! I might be out of my element with this one.

did they ask for "dubstep" ? :emotawesomepm9:

Just wish I could fast-forward to October.

Also, just feel ashamed of myself for some reason. I don't intentionally let people down, but sometimes I make mistakes and it happens anyway.

Fuck it. I'm about to watch a stupid B-movie.

Ugh... I relistened to it after having an internet break, and it's even worse than I thought! I might be out of my element with this one.

did they ask for "dubstep" ? :emotawesomepm9:

lol, yes, in a roundabout way. They wanted something "modern" sounding, and used examples featuring cheesy brostep synth wankery. Today I added the brostep synth wank, and that's what lead to it becoming the worst thing I ever did --it replaced the vibraphone-ish meldy I had in there prior, which was admittedly prob not the best choice either. Anyway, I added a filter on that obnoxious brostep part, added some delay to it's rhythmic synth counterpart, and now it sounds weirdly cohesive.