IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I remember one person at least two times a day. She wasn't my first love, but she is the only woman I have felt anything for since then. Lately, it's progressed to the point of dreaming about said person. I was with her for 4 years and we were very, very close friends for about the same amount of time before we even started dating. Long story short, we entered a way-too-serious relationship way too young and things blew up. We've spoken once or twice since then (about 2.5 or 3 years ago) She currently lives in Portland and has no contact with any of my friends from what I know.

I don't know what to do. I'm tired of going through my day and remembering things about her/us. I have tried to be in other relationships and I just feel empty or that I just use them for a sexual means to an end...

Do I call her up and try to chat? Splurge out all this random (oh trust me, tip of the iceberg here, internet friends). Ignore it and keep banging vapid floozies who I don't connect with or care about? Make unrequited album with cryptic title that only she would get?! It's getting bad. I should be over this but I'm not.

I think about it every day, no matter how happy, sad, tired or busy I am, I still think about her. Makes me sound pathetic, but, I can't remember what it is to feel comfort in someone's embrace and to know that they are there for you - That walked out the door a while ago. Since then, girls with drug problems, daddy issues and personalities of wet cloth.

My life has become this dirty vegas video.

I'm juggling 2 kids (one 3 mos, other 2.5 yrs old), buying/selling house + moving and the infinitude of bs that goes with, and I'm only 1 day in to hella busy week at work. FML

Oh and I've needed to upgrade my death-cheating cell phone for a couple of months now, finally get a semi-free evening to get to the store and the dude can't do shit for me b/c I'm not the "primary account holder" or whatever the fuck it is that's in my wife's name. Gonna have to have her sign my permission slip, put on my big boy pants and find another free evening, maybe 6-8 weeks from now if I'm lucky. Thanks obamacare

Most importantly, I just bought Colundi Sequence 5 from AP's bandcamp and the fucking ginormous flacs are taking forever to download so I'll probably have to leave my laptop on overnight

After reading this, my problems seem vastly more trivial. Try upgrading online with your wife's info?

I would offer to take you out for a drink to ease your stress, but I may end up trying to have sex with you or crying about my white-boy problems. Hope it all calms down and you get to enjoy the pleasures of being a family man.

Guest M360

I remember one person at least two times a day. She wasn't my first love, but she is the only woman I have felt anything for since then. Lately, it's progressed to the point of dreaming about said person. I was with her for 4 years and we were very, very close friends for about the same amount of time before we even started dating. Long story short, we entered a way-too-serious relationship way too young and things blew up. We've spoken once or twice since then (about 2.5 or 3 years ago) She currently lives in Portland and has no contact with any of my friends from what I know.

I don't know what to do. I'm tired of going through my day and remembering things about her/us. I have tried to be in other relationships and I just feel empty or that I just use them for a sexual means to an end...

Do I call her up and try to chat? Splurge out all this random (oh trust me, tip of the iceberg here, internet friends). Ignore it and keep banging vapid floozies who I don't connect with or care about? Make unrequited album with cryptic title that only she would get?! It's getting bad. I should be over this but I'm not.

I think about it every day, no matter how happy, sad, tired or busy I am, I still think about her. Makes me sound pathetic, but, I can't remember what it is to feel comfort in someone's embrace and to know that they are there for you - That walked out the door a while ago. Since then, girls with drug problems, daddy issues and personalities of wet cloth.

My life has become this dirty vegas video.

I'm juggling 2 kids (one 3 mos, other 2.5 yrs old), buying/selling house + moving and the infinitude of bs that goes with, and I'm only 1 day in to hella busy week at work. FML

Oh and I've needed to upgrade my death-cheating cell phone for a couple of months now, finally get a semi-free evening to get to the store and the dude can't do shit for me b/c I'm not the "primary account holder" or whatever the fuck it is that's in my wife's name. Gonna have to have her sign my permission slip, put on my big boy pants and find another free evening, maybe 6-8 weeks from now if I'm lucky. Thanks obamacare

Most importantly, I just bought Colundi Sequence 5 from AP's bandcamp and the fucking ginormous flacs are taking forever to download so I'll probably have to leave my laptop on overnight

After reading this, my problems seem vastly more trivial. Try upgrading online with your wife's info?

I would offer to take you out for a drink to ease your stress, but I may end up trying to have sex with you or crying about my white-boy problems. Hope it all calms down and you get to enjoy the pleasures of being a family man.

The fact she would talk to you is better than nothin' but i must say it sounds like you've already moved on.

my new cat peed blood last night. took her to the vet today, her bladder was full of blood. the visit cost $400. jesus fucking christ. guess we find out in the next couple of days whether or not she will be ok.

holy crap, sorry to hear that. I hope kitty is ok.

That happened to our cat last year, we found a big pool of blood and pee mixed together. After the vet looked him over, he had nothing wrong with him, no kidney stones or anything...

Hope the same outcome for your kitty.

I hear you Audioblysk. That shit takes forever to go away. With me part of it was not wanting to let go of the pain. Eventually more and more of me let go. It didn't happen all at once, just very gradually over many years. It's not wrong to feel the way you do, it's just hard. And you might want to seek out some ladies you respect. It'll do wonders for your self-esteem.

Good luck man! Don't be too hard on yourself.

Edit: you may also be experiencing depression. Also edited the ladies part after rereading your post

Edited by A/D

PC security FWP. Right after I got one of those automatic Windows updates, some PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) called RegPro showed up and started scanning my registry. Then I promptly uninstalled it. It also hijacked my browser.
Same thing happened when Apple had me update iTunes a week or so ago.

I'm starting to think some of these automatic updates are doing more harm than good. I have the trial version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware, but I wonder if I should buy Premium. Seems trustworthy enough.

anxiety has been keeping me up, insomnia has been worse than ever. most nights that require me getting up at a set time (even midday) will be spent heart beating, time flying by and negative thoughts. the moment I feel myself drifting off my mind effectively goes 'HEY YOU'RE GOING TO SLEEP NOW WOOHOO' which jolts me awake and gets the adrenaline pumping, making further sleep impossible.

I've tried reading, watching TV, listening to podcasts and all that jazz. I've been going to bed at regular times and still no help. even prescription sleeping tablets are ineffective. shit is really throwing a spanner in the works, have had to miss out on work (I'm casual so no sick leave) and cancel lots of plans.

if I do push myself to go into work after 2 hrs sleep or whatnot, the entire day is spent with this awful and overwhelming feeling of depression and dread. literally no positive thoughts...like...none. it's impossible in that mind state. I'm hoping to get something from the doc that can take the edge off a little so I'm not so anxious at bed time.

I've recently had similar problems (with all of the family/money troubles etc). The doctor just told me to take ativan before bed.

Wish I had some advice but I'm still struggling so I don't really.. Hang in there!

Heh. Classic mental trap for depression/anxiety. "I'm stupid and broken, other people have it way worse than me, I should shut up and just deal with it." Do you feel terrible for no reason? You shouldn't! It's that simple. Anxiety/depression only seems like a first world problem because it's so poorly understood. But it's as medical as cancer, and it can be as deadly.

It's something a lot of other people are going through, I promise. Would you feel comfortable seeing a therapist?

Heh. Classic mental trap for depression/anxiety. "I'm stupid and broken, other people have it way worse than me, I should shut up and just deal with it." Do you feel terrible for no reason? You shouldn't! It's that simple. Anxiety/depression only seems like a first world problem because it's so poorly understood. But it's as medical as cancer, and it can be as deadly.

This.

i never get spots but suddenly, like buses, i got 2 at once on my chin! quite painful too

pulsing sloths dont like spots

"Cannot open ReWire2 system"

I have always loved Reason, but this fucking shit is starting to bother me. Any help? I fucking wont uninstall Live/FL Studio just because this fuck Reason can't open its shitty protocol.

I have always loved Reason, but this fucking shit is starting to bother me. Any help? I fucking wont uninstall Live/FL Studio just because this fuck Reason can't open its shitty protocol.

f You install other ReWire compatible applications after You have installed Reason, these applications might overwrite the Rewire extension (the Rewire.dll if You are on a PC) with an older version, or even install a duplicate of the Rewire.dll in a incorrect location on the hard drive. Do a system wide search for “Rewire” and delete each and every instance of the Rewire extension or Rewire.dll that appears in the search result. Then insert the Reason 2.x Program CD, start an installation and select the Custom Install and make sure that You do not attempt to install the Sound Banks. This re-installation will only restore any missing files – like the Rewire files that You just deleted – and reinstall these.

google

Decided to finish the classes of my masters program in 2 instead of 3 semesters. I have three more weeks of ~60h/week work/classes/homework/exams which has been going on for about 6 months now, so I can spend a whole year on my master thesis + internship. Can't wait to be done, urgh.

f You install other ReWire compatible applications after You have installed Reason, these applications might overwrite the Rewire extension (the Rewire.dll if You are on a PC) with an older version, or even install a duplicate of the Rewire.dll in a incorrect location on the hard drive. Do a system wide search for “Rewire” and delete each and every instance of the Rewire extension or Rewire.dll that appears in the search result. Then insert the Reason 2.x Program CD, start an installation and select the Custom Install and make sure that You do not attempt to install the Sound Banks. This re-installation will only restore any missing files – like the Rewire files that You just deleted – and reinstall these.

google

Of course I try to do that, but unsuccessfully. But anyway, I resolved it :) Thanks!

jbridge makes my ableton crash aswell, so annoying. sometimes there are just randomly 64bit pugins that dont show up aswell. complete waste of money.

jbridge makes my ableton crash aswell, so annoying. sometimes there are just randomly 64bit pugins that dont show up aswell. complete waste of money.

yep... But well I got the essential stuff running, though I'll have to open FL Studio for the cool 32bit stuff :(

yeah i can survive, but im missing my soundtoys plugins and my d16 silver collection, which are my absolute favs. hopefully as time goes by the compatibility issues will disappear

I went to London for two weeks and RIGHT when I leave some ginger IDM bloke decides to vaguely announce new stuff

it was hard to keep up with the innernets on my phone

i wanted to read fanboy cringeposts damnit

now i got all this catching up to do

It's taken me the better part of 14 years, but I've finally given up on making music. I'm just not a musician: I'm merely a music lover who was confused.

Now, don't think I spent 14 years fruitlessly making music: the last time I was doing anything musically was probably 2006, at which point I stopped to do other things (drawing endless comics, writing novels, moshing). But recently, feeling like trying again, I got myself some software and settled in to making stuff, but...it's just not interesting. I don't have anything to say or express in music, no matter how much I open the software or doodle around with cool synths. Whether or not the results are good or not is besides the point: I just don't feel it's right for me.

I'll still potter around with sounds and stuff, maybe even casually make some simple short tracks or play my fancy pointy headstocked ESP guitar but overall, the idea of myself as a musician of any kind is no longer interesting/possible/open to me as a future endeavour. I'll leave that up to far more talented folks than myself (i.e. anyone).

Edited by Bechuga

Some fucking cunt stole the back wheel off my bike. The lock was undamaged, so I assume said cunt sawed through the wheel itself. Fuck this gay earth.

Edited by doublename