IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

you are free from the idm man's clutches. What unattainable dream will you be pursuing now? said something about novels.

Well I've already written a novel (technically I've written two and half but only the last one is one I want to release), so I know I can do that to a certain extent, the final quality of which is up to someone else to ascertain (mainly the literary agents I have sent it to). Same with comics, I can draw those fine, if not well. But when it comes to music...I have nothing in my head I want to write. Just not my medium of expression.

Oh and it's not just IDM man I escaped from but metal man too, as I was making metal music before I moved to digital stuffs. Not that that was much good either haha. It IS fun playing metal riffs though! And headbanging at the same time!

Edited by Bechuga

Some fucking cunt stole the back wheel off my bike. The lock was undamaged, so I assume said cunt sawed through the wheel itself. Fuck this gay earth.

But if he sawed the wheel itself, what the hell are they going to do with it? How is it even useable? Man that's some petty shit.

Some fucking cunt stole the back wheel off my bike. The lock was undamaged, so I assume said cunt sawed through the wheel itself. Fuck this gay earth.

But if he sawed the wheel itself, what the hell are they going to do with it? How is it even useable? Man that's some petty shit.

My only guess is the thief think they can sell it for scrap. Whatever the case, the wheel is nigh on worthless now.

Kinda wanna try DMT but have no idea where to find it.

let me know if you figure it out. always wanted to try that.

similar problem: I got a couple adderall and worked in the studio and I was like a total badass in there. but now I have no more :(

let me know if you figure it out. always wanted to try that.

similar problem: I got a couple adderall and worked in the studio and I was like a total badass in there. but now I have no more :(

It's available online. I have a reputable source, check your country's analogue laws and let me know if it's legal there, I can link you up.

Disclaimer: so that I don't sound like a drug dealer.... in some countries DMT is legal, in others it's not. Just like alcohol.

Edited by StephenG

i've heard that it's very easy to extract. look up lazyman's tek if you want more details. i trust you'll use the information for purely educational purposes, ofc.

oh, of course

wink wink

It's taken me the better part of 14 years, but I've finally given up on making music. I'm just not a musician: I'm merely a music lover who was confused.

Now, don't think I spent 14 years fruitlessly making music: the last time I was doing anything musically was probably 2006, at which point I stopped to do other things (drawing endless comics, writing novels, moshing). But recently, feeling like trying again, I got myself some software and settled in to making stuff, but...it's just not interesting. I don't have anything to say or express in music, no matter how much I open the software or doodle around with cool synths. Whether or not the results are good or not is besides the point: I just don't feel it's right for me.

I'll still potter around with sounds and stuff, maybe even casually make some simple short tracks or play my fancy pointy headstocked ESP guitar but overall, the idea of myself as a musician of any kind is no longer interesting/possible/open to me as a future endeavour. I'll leave that up to far more talented folks than myself (i.e. anyone).

really interesting. Reminds me of that Musicophilia book.

People outside are crazy on Friday and Saturday nights. Sometimes I feel like Will Smith in I Am Legend, when the former humans and wildlife can be heard throughout the night, hunting and ravaging each other loudly while he's trying to lay low in cover and sleep.

Sometimes I think anarchy is inevitable, as civilization gradually deteriorates and we revert back to our primal instincts. But the potential danger is increased with access to guns and high-speed motor vehicles, as education and manners eventually lose relevance. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by ambermonk

I got roped into using British telecom as it was installed in my bar and i cant ever log in or get passed security as they:

spelled my name wrong

spelled my email wrong

spelled my security question wrong

coupled with the fact that you cant even speak to anyone without your account number, which i never have when staff phone me to tell me the internets gone off, and the other fact of them using people with the worst english i have ever heard from someone supposed to be dealing with people who speak english adds up to the most frustrating experience ever. i like indian call centre people - they are really pleasant, polite, well mannered - but not BT. they employ the lowest common denominator when it comes to english language skills.

the bar up the road actually give one of their staff AN HOUR OFF every time something goes wrong with their BT because THATS HOW LONG IT TAKES.

and I have to phone them now :sad:

move out of the inner city or wherever broken down bumville that is.

sorry, that's sounds a bit harsh, i didn't mean it that way. I just thought maybe you were living somewhere busy cause of all the advantages that that offers, so are willing to compromise over the noise thing. So i put a negative spin out there to make these lovely burbs seem a better option.

I got roped into using British telecom as it was installed in my bar and i cant ever log in or get passed security as they:

spelled my name wrong

spelled my email wrong

spelled my security question wrong

coupled with the fact that you cant even speak to anyone without your account number, which i never have when staff phone me to tell me the internets gone off, and the other fact of them using people with the worst english i have ever heard from someone supposed to be dealing with people who speak english adds up to the most frustrating experience ever. i like indian call centre people - they are really pleasant, polite, well mannered - but not BT. they employ the lowest common denominator when it comes to english language skills.

the bar up the road actually give one of their staff AN HOUR OFF every time something goes wrong with their BT because THATS HOW LONG IT TAKES.

and I have to phone them now :sad:

holy crap. Time to send them a long letter. Also, if you log all the time you've wasted you should be able to take this to the ombudsman that covers that industry, they have them in australia for dealing with complaints that never get resolved, products and services that don't meet certain levels or standards.

nwae, sorry you have to deal with that, sounds like hell.

Oh guys, when taking dmt, please do it with someone chilled & knowledgeable.

And lie down, close eyes & relax.

Having someone shake you because he's a dick which results in your entire existence exploding into pieces != fun

not a fwp but rather an update on a fwp I posted before.

there is finally a cheque in the mail from my ma in the states, I've tracked it and it should be here Thurs/Fri of next week.

No legal needed =)

edit: this has been ongoing since March, glad to have some closure.

Edited by StephenG

:biggrin:

as to call centres, some companies started advertising that they had moved their centres back to australia, because the indian call centre people were so useless. In english/cultural comprehension/problem at hand comprehension, as well as probably not actually giving a fuck/under pressure to deliver throughput instead of resolution. So you can blame the process designed by the contractors that they have to conform to as part of the problem as well. Some companies have transferred their outsourced call centres to the Philippines, which still confronts the caller with the same issues i mentioned apparently. They wouldn't have done this to solve anything, probably just get a better deal from Manilla. Offshoring can go to hell in my opinion. I want my money to stay in australia and pay australian wages, so they can in turn pay me by being able to afford to use the business i work for. But that would be logical.

move out of the inner city or wherever broken down bumville that is.

I'm house-sitting in the city ATM, but I live out in the country, where it's almost like a sanctuary in comparison.

not a fwp but rather an update on a fwp I posted before.

there is finally a cheque in the mail from my ma in the states, I've tracked it and it should be here Thurs/Fri of next week.

No legal needed =)

edit: this has been ongoing since March, glad to have some closure.

Cool. Glad to hear things are looking up man.

my most expensive, cherished, coolest synth has developed a problem where the filter tracking causes the synth to go out of tune. but it sounds really cool i dont know if i should fix it or not :dry:

also my x0xbox (my main analogue sequencer) needs fixing too but everyone ive asked are too busy :cry:

Caught a cold. I knew it was coming too, after having a soar throat the last couple of days. But at least I'm not on an airplane. Being sick with sinus congestion on a flight is fucking miserable.