IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I feel horrible. I haven't been this sick in who knows how long... holy fuck kill me

bre get someone to make you chicken soup... e.g. boil a whole chicken and veggies for an hour, then take out the chicken and pluck the meat from the bones, throw the meat back in, done. It's simple, tasty and gives your body energy. I'm not superstitious at all and this is just a basic household remedy which FUCKING DOES WORK.

Also ingest as much ginger and lemon as you can. Simmer chopped ginger for at least 15 minutes, add lemon. You can also just throw that ginger into the chicken soup, it's tasty.

Maybe also get all-round vitamin pills.

Also stay the fuck hydrated.

basically just give your immune system material to work with.

Edited by Guest

Starting tomorrow I'm working in a new location, same job. I just checked the bus route and I have two options: arrive 15 minutes late, or 1 1/4 hours early. :dry:

Possible Solution: Maybe construct a meaningful routine around getting there 1 1/4 hours early. If there's something you would like to get into the habit of doing (e.g. reading, writing, meditating, drawing, thinking, creating, etc), then this is a golden opportunity/perfect excuse to do it.

And (imo) habits should be taken very seriously: in the aggregate, the things we are in the habit of doing are the very things we end up doing for the rest of our lives, so I'd say good to give our them a tune-up at every opportunity.

Edited by LimpyLoo

Starting tomorrow I'm working in a new location, same job. I just checked the bus route and I have two options: arrive 15 minutes late, or 1 1/4 hours early. :dry:

geddabiiiiike

but then how can blame ethnics?

easy, ride a Japanese or European bike while complaining about Japanese/European vehicle manufacturers not patronising the US with their business like they're obliged to. fucking slopes and Jewropeans stealing ya God-given moneyz and RAHTS.

Edited by usagi

Simple question....

If you are able to purchase something for $25, and you're selling it for $50, how much (what %) is the mark-up on the item?

100%

(Because 'mark up' means 'what percentage of the original you are adding on top of it')

Simple question....

If you are able to purchase something for $25, and you're selling it for $50, how much (what %) is the mark-up on the item?

100%

(Because 'mark up' means 'what percentage of the original you are adding on top of it')

Brings me to my FWP as what you've said is exactly what markup is (or at least what I understand it to be).

My textbook (yep) says 50%. 

It's defining markup % as (P-MC)/P

So (50-25)/50 = 0.5 *100 = 50%

"(P-MC)/P, is the markup over marginal cost as a percentage of price"

Thought I was misunderstanding until I did a couple practice problems... Scratches head*

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I might be wrong...but I thought you calculated off the base, not the end product. (Because that's what a sane person who was trying to construct a useful concept would do)

Edited by LimpyLoo

Simple question....

100%

Brings me to my FWP as what you've said is exactly what markup is (or at least what I understand it to be).

Thought I was misunderstanding until I did a couple practice problems... Scratches head*

Why is your textbook using marginal cost? That's just weird. Which textbook is it?

Simple question....

100%

Why is your textbook using marginal cost? That's just weird. Which textbook is it?

Microeconomic theory. 

It's for calculating profit maximization at multiplant production facilities (edit: monopolist firms). You often set marginal cost = marginal revenue to solve for profit maximization (if the cost of producing another unit was higher than marginal revenue for the unit, you'd produce less, and vice versa). 

They're probably super simple problems but I'm struggling a bit.

But yeah the mark-up thing doesn't make sense to me lol. Doubling the cost = 100% markup to me.  :wacko:

Canadian textbook of numbers and words #7.

Made by Rand McNallEHHHHH

Poutine beaver hockey puck #eh-yt

I dropped my damn key to my work building between my driver's seat and the parking brake in my car and can't reach it. But at least I know where it is. Will try again during daylight.

Yes i know what marginal cost is, but generally speaking companies don't use marginal cost in determining markup, so it's kind of weird that your textbook would intimate that. That's why I'm asking which micro textbook you're using.

Remember for monopolists, MR=∆TR/∆Q.

The textbook presents the formula (P-MC)/P = -(1/Ed) as a general rule for pricing for monopolists. Monopoly power giving them the ability to charge more than MR = MC, the firm will markup the next unit no more than minus inverse the elasticity of demand. 

At least that's how it's described. 

I'll never use any of this in real life, ever. =/

le-sigh.

anyway I'll stop shittying up the thread with my homework lol.

fwp - it's cold outside. Good thing I'm inside. 

Your actual fwp is that you have a weird textbook then - most micro uses the accounting and finance definition of markup (which you and limpy illustrated). It's somewhat unusual to use your textbook's definition of markup, which is the difference between the monopoly price and the firm's MC, but I guess because they're talking about monopolists it kind of makes sense (still wouldn't say it's common though).

If you're not going to use it, why take it? Pre-req? (also macro is much more interesting)

I took it as an option (I need 9 optional credits at 3/400 level) since I did a few junior micro courses, figured "what the heck" lol! Ahm I find in general most of what I've learned won't have a direct application. I mean it's good to understand economic principles but... in a regular line of work can you imagine drawing some graphs and equating supply and demand curves? It's just not practical.

Even all the accounting courses I've taken, no one manually prepares financial statements or calculates financial ratios etc like they teach. Specialized software takes care of that.

Macro is cool, I'll probably take another macro course as another of my options!

old homeless man who pushed shopping carts around my area of town and slept in bushes passed away. someone put up flowers and attached it to the bus stop with a picture, sad.