IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

It's madness.  And I'm at a stage where I even want to hear all the music that was historically influential, even if it's something I wouldn't be that into.  Like "I should really hear some Eagles albums" or Justin Bieber or whatever the fuck.  But it's hard enough finding time to hear the music I love, let alone all the stuff that confounds me.

Yea I do this a lot. You'd be surprised at how much stuff you'll like even if you think you won't be that into it. Theres a reason why some albums stick around forever

My tastes are quite eclectic, so I can usually find something to appreciate about any music I spend a bit of time with.  I'm often more surprised when I find something that truly bores me, heheh.  It does happen though.

FWP: attempting to do the thing I hate doing the most, writing a bio to hype my music up to record labels.  I've been forcing myself to the task for over half an hour now, and I've only got an opening sentence to show for it.  On the upside, The Ohio Players album Pleasure has been an excellent albeit ironic soundtrack to my most hated activity.

bought a new pair of soft/fluffy towels. had a shower, dried myself off, lint all over my balls. jump in the shower to wash it off, forget and dry off with the same towel, lint all over my balls.

those 9 EOD EPs are amazingly good stuff. a good listen. i've been enjoying those lately.  but today at work it's been all autechre.. go figure.. 

bought a new pair of soft/fluffy towels. had a shower, dried myself off, lint all over my balls. jump in the shower to wash it off, forget and dry off with the same towel, lint all over my balls.

My bathroom is covered in fucking blue lint from new fluffy towels. Bane of my life.

Client from hell wants me to do some mix work.  He already hired a hotshot producer from LA to do it, and was unhappy with the result, but the problem is the material that's being worked on.  I know there's no way he will ever sound like the rock star he imagines himself to be, and that he will never understand that.  I know he's going to want certain aspects of his mix to sound like what the other guy did (drum triggers and whatnot), and will be micromanaging in insane ways that will only hurt the end result.  Then he won't understand why it sounds like a mess.  Nice guy, but man... intensely delusional.  I know this is going to be a fiasco.

those 9 EOD EPs are amazingly good stuff. a good listen. i've been enjoying those lately.  but today at work it's been all autechre.. go figure.. 

I see no problem here

EODS 1-9

https://eodtracks.bandcamp.com

today Ae was a bunch of stuff at 33rpm... slowed down.. yeesland, the we are r y .. krib.. lexis... etc.. and i was well into ep7 (at normal rpm) when a stink tweeker came in and wanted to touch everything and reconnect with some part of his past non homeless life when he made beats and didn't talk to himself.. he thought he was in a studio and was jamming on stuff and tweeking and touching every knob button etc..  ended up having to chase him out after a half hour or so when he got a bit too animated for my comfort level. and was talking to himself and over powering the scent of the 3 incense i'd lit.

Edited by ignatius

I bet he had lint all over his balls.

1kprri.jpg

it'll happen.

edit: to you

Edited by usagi

just got into a fender bender, rear-ended by two other vehicles on a bridge, ffs

my truck is fine but both of theirs are fuuuuuckkked... my insurance says they dont find me at fault so i should be clear there, but my back hurts :/

Working a long shift today, 08:30-20:45

I rang the night lady the last night and asked if she wanted early relief (in order for her to relieve me early in the evening), said I'd get there for 7am.

Got up at 4:30, got to station at 5:50 just as a train was pulling in. Train sat there for 10mins, then it changed final destination to two stops away, sat there for another 5mins. Driver says train has technical fault, geddoffthefuckingtrain.

Stand on platform as he slowly closes all the doors. Faulty train then slooooowly crawls to next station, as in you could see the back end of it from the platform for the next 10mins.

Another train comes around the corner, it's also doing a slooooww crawl towards us. Myself and my fellow commuters have still yet to travel anywhere

When it finally arrives it's out of service, all the lights off. Zooms through station without stopping.

Third train comes! :^)

This one has changed to a fast service now to close the gap, skipping lots of stations. Wheeee!

Quick journey, we get to Baker Street at 6:50, looks like I might still make it.

Realise all the lines I need to get to my destination in two stops are all suspended for the weekend due to engineering works.

Have to get two other lines instead, each one 5 stops with a changeover between them.

WHEN I GET TO MY DESTINATION STATION I'M JUST IN TIME TO SEE THE EXIT ELEVATOR DOORS CLOSE AS I COME AROUND THE CORNER.

Was a nice little final fuck you from the fates.

Edited by hello spiral

Been house hunting (renting) and had a really solid lead on a great place, sounded like we would get it for sure...Now haven't been able to get ahold of the landlord for days, total cold-shoulder :(((

my internets is out. workmen redoing my balcony have somehow managed to cut the line.

I freak the fuck out when my internet isn't working.

I'm trying to teach myself FMOD and Wwise integration into Unity and I fucking hate the tutorials I can find. They show you what to do but not why so it doesn't really help me understand anything.

Ableton won't open a particular project file because there is not enough RAM available, and I'm not sure how to get around that.  I can't open the file to anything to it that would reduce the amount of RAM it uses.  So frustrating that it doesn't save backup files like other programs I've used.  Then I could just open a version from before the problem started.  I think this project may be a goner.  10+ hours of my life wasted... ah well.

Ableton won't open a particular project file because there is not enough RAM available, and I'm not sure how to get around that. I can't open the file to anything to it that would reduce the amount of RAM it uses. So frustrating that it doesn't save backup files like other programs I've used. Then I could just open a version from before the problem started. I think this project may be a goner. 10+ hours of my life wasted... ah well.

Could you disable some plugins in your AU/Plugin manager? I once had that problem with a project for an art installation and ended up disabling a bunch of plugins I knew I was using in Logic's AU Manager, I then opened the project, bounced a bunch of tracks, to save up memory and then reopened the project and lo and behold... it worked!

Disabling my vst folder was one of the first things I tried, but that didn't help.  If I could disable Ableton's native plug-ins I think that might fix it, but there's no option for that.  I tried moving that folder elsewhere, but Ableton still managed to find a way to read it.