IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

tell her to get her lazy ass on the train

There are no trains.
bS5ByNA.jpg

There are no trains. Also, I would do anything to help my girlfriend out. Like you should.

that's asking a lot considering i don't even know your girlfriend...

There are no trains.
bS5ByNA.jpg

also lol

I have way too many unfinished tracks (partly due to participating in WeeklyBeats last year) and have started to find a common thread in some of them, sound/emotion wise...but now i've spent hours upon hours over multiple days digging through Ableton files and having to take notes on these damned bits of tracks and trying to sort out what to work on first and what's worth trying to finish and what's shit and this has to be what's good about having someone else to work on music with. 

I remixed the wrong piece for the classical music "remix" contest I was about to enter lol.  The bastards tricked me by including it in the link that lead to the intended piece (it's one section of a five part suite).  I'll see if they'll accept it anyway, since this was an easy mistake to make.  Generally remix contests don't link to 4 of the wrong stem files alongside the correct one.  There's even another suite included in the contest, in which all parts are valid for remixing.

On the up side, because it's a creative commons license on the song I can use my version for whatever I want... I think.  And I do really like it.  I've never heard a classical piece arranged like this, so that's neat.

Just left my wallet on the bus. The helpful lady on the bus depot line said she couldn't get through to the driver - he probably can't hear his radio over the sound of all my precious coins tinkling into his money sack.

Quickly realizing that the house I just moved in to is a fucking shithole. Can't even get the furnace to turn on. I'm gonna have a very intimate relationship with the tenants union this year.

At least I'm good at fixing old homes...

At least I'm good at fixing old homes...

You should monetize that skill. In some places it can be good side income. Worst case you can get some discounts on your rent while you're there for fixing shit, eh?

Book I'm 260 pages into writing has died. No longer feel much interest in it. If the idea survives, it will probably be in a different form, meaning 100,000 words scrapped. Welp.

In fact, I've done a bunch of work over the last few years and none of it has become a final thing I really believe in. Have three completed novels on my HD but nothing I feel assured in releasing. How many more times will I write something only to find out way too late it's not what I want it to be? Welp welp welp.

Now I know how Jonathan Franzen feels. Although he has millions of dollars to help him sleep at night while failing to write books.

Book I'm 260 pages into writing has died. No longer feel much interest in it. If the idea survives, it will probably be in a different form, meaning 100,000 words scrapped. Welp.

In fact, I've done a bunch of work over the last few years and none of it has become a final thing I really believe in. Have three completed novels on my HD but nothing I feel assured in releasing. How many more times will I write something only to find out way too late it's not what I want it to be? Welp welp welp.

Now I know how Jonathan Franzen feels. Although he has millions of dollars to help him sleep at night while failing to write books.

You just need the right idea, I have one:

Scientist find out that all viruses originally stem from another outer space but before they came to earth they traveled through a gravitation field in which time passes by much slower (according to theory of relativity). Some of their brothers and sisters didn't do that and had billions of years time to develop a complex and mysterious intelligence and now set out for earth to find their primitive forebears.

Does that sound like the best selling bestseller 2017 or not?

Have you run it by an editor/another writer whose opinions you trust? Maybe you just need some guidance/outside perspective.

You just need the right idea, I have one:

Scientist find out that all viruses originally stem from another outer space but before they came to earth they traveled through a gravitation field in which time passes by much slower (according to theory of relativity). Some of their brothers and sisters didn't do that and had billions of years time to develop a complex and mysterious intelligence and now set out for earth to find their primitive forebears.

Does that sound like the best selling bestseller 2017 or not?

It sounds like a best seller from 1974

I have plenty of ideas, it's simply getting them to appear as interesting as they sound in my head on paper. Often they do, often not. I still like my first book, and I feel proud at how weird it is. Has its flaws, but satisfied with it.

Have you run it by an editor/another writer whose opinions you trust? Maybe you just need some guidance/outside perspective.

I haven't, but I don't think this is worth showing. Will leave it on my HD and see how I feel in time. Can always change my mind and resume from where I left off, after doing something else for a while.