IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Remove that kick sample?

That was indeed what I did.  It wasn't very satisfying, but now it's done.

Shit, it's all wrong.  This is such an annoying last detail preventing the album from actually being finished.

Just picked up a cast iron pan, all excited that I'd be able to season it, would be non-stick etc...

Got smashed with a wave of realization that I'm officially OLD if I'm getting excited about non-stick pans. OLD OLD OLD OLD

Just picked up a cast iron pan, all excited that I'd be able to season it, would be non-stick etc...

Got smashed with a wave of realization that I'm officially OLD if I'm getting excited about non-stick pans. OLD OLD OLD OLD

whatever dogg cast iron is the SHIT

defense against intruders, etc.

what's the point of having a house of you can't fill it with a bunch of shit right?  :happy:

lol totally.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Getting mixes well balanced enough so that you can master them quite loud without ugly saturation of clipping occurring is a cause of tremendous irritation.  I wish typical portable listening devices were just a tiny bit louder so that this wouldn't even be of concern to me.

Getting mixes well balanced enough so that you can master them quite loud without ugly saturation of clipping occurring is a cause of tremendous irritation.  I wish typical portable listening devices were just a tiny bit louder so that this wouldn't even be of concern to me.

hire a mastering engineer?

also, check out new fangled audio plug ins.. pretty insane what can be done w/just those two plugs. 

https://www.newfangledaudio.com

Looks like I might be going another year without health insurance. I make too much money to qualify for Medicaid, yet after I applied for health coverage for ACA I found out the lowest monthly premium I could pay is $493. Fuck that. I can't make a living paying that shit.

This country is broken.

Remove that kick sample?

Shit, it's all wrong.  This is such an annoying last detail preventing the album from actually being finished.

Which project is this LP for?

$493 a month. wtf

yeah aca is fucking abysmal. and of course he also gets a tax penalty for not being able to afford $500 a month for insurance because why the fuck not? luckily my wife's employer is footing the bill for our insurance in 2018. was paying $800/mo for the two of us in 2017 and it was on deck to go up to $1k/mo in 2018. of course it's going to come out of her annual bonus but i think we're making more in the long run. 

$493 a month. wtf

yeah aca is fucking abysmal. and of course he also gets a tax penalty for not being able to afford $500 a month for insurance because why the fuck not? luckily my wife's employer is footing the bill for our insurance in 2018. was paying $800/mo for the two of us in 2017 and it was on deck to go up to $1k/mo in 2018. of course it's going to come out of her annual bonus but i think we're making more in the long run. 

Holy shite man. That's insanely expensive. I knew it was bad but I didn't think it was $6000/yr a person bad.

Makes me that much more thankful for the Canadian system...

Thanks for the plug-in recommendation.  I am happy with the end result of my own mastering, and the T-Racks software that I use.  It's just occasionally a painstaking process getting it to that point.  

yeah.. i mastered one of my own releases and hated every moment of it.  i'd heard the tracks enough by then to not really have a fresh take on what they needed for mastering.. so after that i always get someone else to do it. luckily i have a friend who's a mastering engineer so i get the friend rate. 

the new Fangled audio plug ins are ridiculously good. it's the project of one of the programmers for eventide. he pitched eventide on releasing them and the guy who owns eventide said "hey, i have an idea.. you should forma company.. then we'll co-release them via eventide"  which is a pretty cool thing.  they're legit black magic fuckery. 

$493 a month. wtf

fuck.. it varies by state too. it's incomplete as it is.. they didn't fund the thing properly and didn't make necessary changes because omg obama did it. 

it's weird.. 1st year of ACA my insurance w/o subsidy was $299 a month. deductible was $100!!! max out of pocket for a year was $1500.  it was fucking great insurance. 

2017 - $350 a month w/a $100 subsidy so i pay $250 but my deductible is $4500 and max out of pocket for 1 year is $6500 so of course i had 3 ER visits and all kinds of health bullshit this year so met my out of pocket expenses.. wtf!!!  2017 can eat a dick. 

signed up for 2018 - $379 a month minus a subsidy i get so i pay $299 a month. deductible is $2500 and max out of pocket for a year is $2500 so overall it's a better plan for a little more money..  

but it's all wtf.. could be so much better/simpler/cheaper but those bombs and bullets and tanks and planes for bombing won't pay for themselves. 

Remove that kick sample?

The Sky Lit Up.  My current FWP is coming up with a snappy write-up that's going to convince labels to actually hit play on the link I send, despite not already having like... any audience to speak of.

yeah.. i mastered one of my own releases and hated every moment of it.  i'd heard the tracks enough by then to not really have a fresh take on what they needed for mastering.. so after that i always get someone else to do it. luckily i have a friend who's a mastering engineer so i get the friend rate. 

For the most part I don't mind it.  I master early versions of the mixes to listen to outside the studio, which gives me a greater perspective on how everything's shaping up and also reveals things about the mix that could be improved.  So for a period of many months I'm gradually improving both the mixes and mastering settings to get it right where I want it.  The master in question in this case is not one that I already had settings for though, and it's for some radio thing with a deadline coming fast.  So in all likelihood the mix will likely change between now and the release, but I've got to commit to something for this deadline.  (This is a different project than the one that just finished up, for the record.)

Maybe just utilize urgent care visits, in cases you absolutely need, and otherwise take care of yourself. Frustrating, regardless.

My SFWP: guilt gift. Wife gave me a pair of James Perse pants. Basically nicest clothing I own. But I’m doing the math and figure I could get 5 other pair of pants for the cost of this one, and on top it’s been a tough year. Yet don’t want to offend her. Truly FW. Blah.

Remove that kick sample?

The Sky Lit Up.  My current FWP is coming up with a snappy write-up that's going to convince labels to actually hit play on the link I send, despite not already having like... any audience to speak of.

Send labels a CDr wrapped in white silk placed inside a featurless black case. Include a can of smoked catfish as well.

Just to inform, cast iron is not non-stick. Like for fried eggs, an actual non-stick pan wins hands down every time.

First thing I made when I picked up my latest cast iron was some cornbread. Hot damn it was good.

but.... but... but....

I just did this this morning =(

(kept mine over-easy, no stickingggggg at alllllllllllllllllllllllllll)

:)