IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

It's only 10AM and I'm just having my morning coffee, and for some reason I just spent the last 35 minutes configuring pizzas on various sites for no real reason other than to look at pizzas on the internet. I have no intention of buying pizza at 10AM. =/

Get a grip Stephen, don't you see what's happening? Don't succumb to the irrelevance. Don't let your entire existence be defined by some disc of empty calories and which toppings do or don't belong on it.

Also my fwp is that I'm on a bus alone on my way back from the holiday sleepover extravaganza at mom's and all these normies around me make me feel DEPREZ AF because they seem to be having their shit together all nice-like and I'm a fr*ggin NEET degenerate whose only friend is cheeseburgerwalrus (my man tho). Also the guy next to me is solving a Rubik's cube but seems very restless and keeps sighing deeply? I think he just wants to look smart and isn't actually into the cube very much at all. Maybe he wants me to admire his skills and is frustrated because I'm not paying attention? Ok he stopped and now he's fondling the seat in front of him instead. Yeah, good luck trying to solve that instead you fr*ggface. What a poser. Now I remember why I shut myself in in the first place.

Get a grip Stephen, don't you see what's happening? Don't succumb to the irrelevance. Don't let your entire existence be defined by some disc of empty calories and which toppings do or don't belong on it.

Also my fwp is that I'm on a bus alone on my way back from the holiday sleepover extravaganza at mom's and all these normies around me make me feel DEPREZ AF because they seem to be having their shit together all nice-like and I'm a fr*ggin NEET degenerate whose only friend is cheeseburgerwalrus (my man tho). Also the guy next to me is solving a Rubik's cube but seems very restless and keeps sighing deeply? I think he just wants to look smart and isn't actually into the cube very much at all. Maybe he wants me to admire his skills and is frustrated because I'm not paying attention? Ok he stopped and now he's fondling the seat in front of him instead. Yeah, good luck trying to solve that instead you fr*ggface. What a poser. Now I remember why I shut myself in in the first place.

lol

why/how do u know my name  :fear:

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I'm borrowing my friend's OP-1 and I can't decide whether it's brilliant or an overpriced toy. Having trouble figuring out how to be productive with it. But its 4-track keeps whispering to come back.

it's definitely the former

I'm borrowing my friend's OP-1 and I can't decide whether it's brilliant or an overpriced toy. Having trouble figuring out how to be productive with it. But its 4-track keeps whispering to come back.

it's definitely the former
Yeah I think I just need to really figure out the aspects of it that interest me (tape, sampling, and sequencing especially) then do some exercises to get the muscle memory.

Everything on it feels wonky and quirky, though, and not always in a good way. All the synth engines baffle me except the string one. Like the drum synth - looks really interesting but wtf are these noises? At least it sounds cool through the reverb.

Neighbors on my right side are insane white trash drunks on welfare who scream at each other all day. I am putting in a bamboo hedge but the soil is heavy clay so I've been working at amending it into nice soil for the past two months. Good news is I am almost done and getting jacked from all the physical labour. Watch out Bulk!

Neighbors on my right side are insane white trash drunks on welfare who scream at each other all day. I am putting in a bamboo hedge but the soil is heavy clay so I've been working at amending it into nice soil for the past two months. Good news is I am almost done and getting jacked from all the physical labour. Watch out Bulk!

zc6xf9.gif

that bamboo can go wild. gets damn thick. should be good for the job and in a few years you'll see it start to pop up on the other side of the yard. 

Pretty sure I'm in a guilt-trip cold war with a coworker who wants me to work one of his shifts. He says he needs to spend time with his parents; I know this guy and suspect he's trying to party all weekend. I say I've got important obligations; he correctly suspects I'm trying to sleep in.

Pretty sure I'm in a guilt-trip cold war with a coworker who wants me to work one of his shifts. He says he needs to spend time with his parents; I know this guy and suspect he's trying to party all weekend. I say I've got important obligations; he correctly suspects I'm trying to sleep in.

I get this type of thing at work all the time.

Quite frankly, it's none of anyone's business what you're doing outside of work. If you want to jack off and drink iceless ice water all day on your days off, that's your business. Time off should be subject to the approval process and that's about it.

The other guy can suck it. Take your time off, you deserve it. 

That said - if you work in a relatively small department, concessions (for menial things like sleeping in (understanding that's context dependent, perhaps you really, really need some time to yourself))) can go a really long way to building interdependent relationships. 

My 2 cents. It's definitely subjective and context dependent. 

that bamboo can go wild. gets damn thick. should be good for the job and in a few years you'll see it start to pop up on the other side of the yard. 

Luckily I am a responsible neighbor and not only installed a Bamboo barrier at the fence line, but also chose a clumping variety as opposed to running (running varieties send stolons many feet from the original clump in all directions). The drawback is that clumping varieties are slower to fill in and much more expensive.

That said - if you work in a relatively small department, concessions (for menial things like sleeping in (understanding that's context dependent, perhaps you really, really need some time to yourself))) can go a really long way to building interdependent relationships.

But concessions without firm boundaries invite abuse, especially for the type of personality it sounds like party guy has.

But concessions without firm boundaries invite abuse, especially for the type of personality it sounds like party guy has.

Yep, most definitely. Lots of context lost via the post online tbh, there could be a number of factors that make it in/appropriate for either one of them to act that way =P. 

Yep, most definitely. Lots of context lost via the post online tbh, there could be a number of factors that make it in/appropriate for either one of them to act that way =P.

Very true, all you and I can do is donate our 2 cents to the thread.

Very true, all you and I can do is donate our 2 cents to the thread.

I must digress, if only slightly, to state that, as much as I want to donate my 2 cents, I'm unable to do so because everything in Canada is now rounded to the nearest nickel, and cents are no longer currency.

:(

So, in hindsight, I guess that's my 2/5ths of a nickel on the matter. lol