IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

homeless again, feeling embarassed more than anything really to still be repeating this pattern closer to 30 than 20

hoping this will be the push i need to finally leave the empty life i live in this city & go out & explore the world & make something of my life beyond "quiet guy who makes a lot of ambient albums". kind of a pain that it's happening in december on the verge of months of true cold rather than say march, but thats the way the cookie tears

Praying for you in a non-religious, secular way

homeless again, feeling embarassed more than anything really to still be repeating this pattern closer to 30 than 20

hoping this will be the push i need to finally leave the empty life i live in this city & go out & explore the world & make something of my life beyond "quiet guy who makes a lot of ambient albums". kind of a pain that it's happening in december on the verge of months of true cold rather than say march, but thats the way the cookie tears

Praying for you in a non-religious, secular way

ty i do appreciate this

(i dunno why i only come to watmm during particularly unstable times in my life, but there's something oddly calming about this site)

proud of myself for still making it to the gym & yoga & my job regularly during all this, if i can get back to making trax 4h a day somehow it'll almost be like nothing has changed. my roommates still have my MS-10 & my el cap & won't let me come get them back (tbf i don't really have a place to store it atm so it'd probably get rekt by the elements), but maybe this'll force me to go deep with laptop//digital fuckery again rather than coasting on analog filter jizz like i have on the previous two releases

I have a dilemnonnmna

I have a very good chance of securing a position at a large, international corporation that would be giving me a raise of about 10%, but it would be back in production (vs HSE which I'm in now). 45k employees at this company, IE long term opportunities for advancement etc. They really want to move me through the hiring process quickly.

I also have a very good chance of  being promoted at my current company right at the new year, which would give me a raise of 16.5%, but it's not a sure thing. My current company has close to 100% job security. Decision lies with board of directors. 166 employees, small company, next advancement probably 5 years down the road maybe 7.

Problem is, if I wait too long I miss out on offer from new company, and advancement at current company not 100%, so if I make the wrong choice I could be missing out big time.

What do?

Get dronk?

New company putting me into the 4th step of the hiring process, an aptitude test.   :catsuicide:

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Many sushi restaurants receive fish on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Making Tuesday-Friday prime days for sushi. If you go on a Monday, it’s last Thursday’s offerings. Not fresh.

watching anthony bourdain's travel show where he went to japan. the guy with the most exclusive sushi restaurant goes to the fish market late and buys the cheaper leftovers and then freezes it. he believed that overly fresh fish has no taste o_O

Many sushi restaurants receive fish on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Making Tuesday-Friday prime days for sushi. If you go on a Monday, it’s last Thursday’s offerings. Not fresh.

watching anthony bourdain's travel show where he went to japan. the guy with the most exclusive sushi restaurant goes to the fish market late and buys the cheaper leftovers and then freezes it. he believed that overly fresh fish has no taste o_O

oh ha i didn't read down
Watch “Jiro Dreams of Sushi” - always at the market early.

Buy it fresh and then age it, for the fish that require aging.

That’s what I’m talking about when I say fresh.

Also, buying it at end of day at Tsukiji is a lot different than getting it delivered by plane to wherever.

*actual first world problem this time*

the "montreal -> maritimes" rideshare I'd confirmed a couple weeks back decided to push the date back without telling me, wouldn't have even known if I hadn't writ just now to confirm it was still on for tomorrow.

current plan is just to take the train out to whichever small town i can get to on $10 or less & then hitch from there.

My mom had a bathroom renovation done in her house (well, my childhood home) a couple of years back. While it's all fine and dandy for the most part, for some reason she decided to substitute the wall directly next to the toilet seat with mostly glass bricks. There's a guest bedroom behind the wall. There's a roller blind on that side. If you look closely through the edges of the bricks, you can get a pretty good visual of the interior. 

I'd say the glass bricks represent rather accurately what it feels like I'm defecating when there's someone on the other side. Doesn't really matter which side we're talking actually. Just think about it, behind that wall is where she puts her guests. I guess that's one way to be a generous hostess. To put on a proper shitshow. Oh, and there's a shower opposite the seat.

3c9587c9c7.jpg

reminds me of a CRIBS episode that i watched on mtv. some famous chick had a toilet in her bedroom, no walls. 

thats gotta go well when you have a girl over and a bout of the shits.

Edited by yek

It's 5am but I'm so hyped up on making drill 'n' bass that I think I'm going to need another hour to unwind before sleeping... and by then the sun/birds/traffic will appear to make sleep damn near impossible.  Shit.

It's 5am but I'm so hyped up on making drill 'n' bass that I think I'm going to need another hour to unwind before sleeping... and by then the sun/birds/traffic will appear to make sleep damn near impossible. Shit.

Easy solution. Forego sleep.

If you're ever unsure, it's probably a problem since most things are. 

My brother borrowed some VR goggles from the university, which I tried for the first time tonight.  It was fun, but when I took them off I felt as though I had just entered a different virtual reality.  Took me a while to recalibrate.  This tells me VR probably isn't for me, just like hallucinogens/pot.  I seem to have a very loose footing on objective reality, since I can't shake the fact that there is no way to verify such a thing.  If I actually think about it, it's kind of disturbing.  Anyway, merry Christmas watmm. 

FWP2: there is no santa hat emoticon.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I'm probably not getting enough veggies on this holiday trip at my grandparents' house in north central WA. I feel like a glutton every time I stay. But I will make up for it somehow when I get back home.