IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

thanks duder

yeah godspeed man :thumbsup:

anyway, i've being reviewing songs like hell in ekt and nobody reviews my songs... sometimes it frustrates me, sometimes it infuriates me, sometimes it makes me sad... lol

i mean i don't listen to people's songs so that they listen to mine, i listen because most of the time i hear pretty cool stuff from fellow ekt'rs but there are users who only post them and reply to their own threads... :(

i'm going to a therapist today to talk about my ocd. i'm not looking forward to it but we'll see. :wacko:

Hope it went well.

anyway, i've being reviewing songs like hell in ekt and nobody reviews my songs... sometimes it frustrates me, sometimes it infuriates me, sometimes it makes me sad... lol

i mean i don't listen to people's songs so that they listen to mine, i listen because most of the time i hear pretty cool stuff from fellow ekt'rs but there are users who only post them and reply to their own threads... :(

Yeah, that's always been EKT's problem. My assessment is that everyone just posts too much (not saying I'm excluded from this or anything else I point out below). Like if you want something specifically checked out, EKT/CHATMM/Discord are usually glad to give you some opinions and suggestions, but most of us ain't got time. Lol. Also usually when I listen to stuff that's just messy as hell I don't even want to start giving my take because it'll take forever (I'm wordy, have you all noticed this yet? yeah.) and/or I feel mean ALWAYS pointing out issues because 95% of YLC is nowhere near complete (nor will 80% of it ever be), nor does anyone often ask for specific stuff to hone in on: how's the mix on this? the bass isn't punchy enough is it? is this too long, what would you trim? If there were specific requests I'd be all up in YLC blasting my opinion and suggestions because I love to do that. (I'm an egocentric ass, have you all noticed this too?)

A big part of the problem is there's just too much fucking FINISHED music from artists we enjoy, plus tons of music that we've all not found yet, to spend much of timing listening to unfinished stuff. I could spend an hour on Bandcamp every day and still want to find new artists and music there. Just there. There's SO MUCH MUSIC in the world man. So much.

That's enough totally biased/heartless/pointless thoughts from me for today though...

because I have a SFWP. There's a lyric stuck in my head for last two days and I can't figure out wtf it is: "the river's rising"  I've done some google hunting and searched genius.com and so now I'm hunting through my library to try and figure out what it is because I'm pretty sure it's something I own.

I usually listen to/comment on about 5 other tracks any time I post one of my own, and if I notice something posted by anyone who left feedback on mine I usually try to return the favour.  There's this other site I frequently post remixes on, and I can comment on a dozen other peoples' entries and not get a single response from any of them.  That's actually pretty uncommon for most sites where giving feedback is an option. 

FWP: I need a new creative project to focus on!  Aahh!  But if I do that I will probably neglect the promotion of all the others like I always do.  Double aahh!!

About the YLC... I really wish we could set up rules that makes it so users can't create new threads before they've posted x amount of comments in other users' threads. I've been bugging Joyrex about this for years now, but unfortunately it isn't possible. And having someone approve each thread that gets created in the YLC would be impossible. It would be a vicious spiral.

About the YLC... I really wish we could set up rules that makes it so users can't create new threads before they've posted x amount of comments in other users' threads. I've been bugging Joyrex about this for years now, but unfortunately it isn't possible. And having someone approve each thread that gets created in the YLC would be impossible. It would be a vicious spiral.

I remember about five years ago you posted something about requesting that members leave feedback on ten different tracks before uploading their own. And I remember Joyrex seemed to be on board with it at the time. I think it did trigger a spike in YLC activity for at least two or three months. I've been guilty of straying from YLC altogether the last two years though. Perhaps it's time I check it out again.

Latest FWP is I woke up this morning to find a large "cyst" in my wall underneath a roof leak. I think it's no coincidence after the massive dump of snow we got over the past day. I made a small puncture in and managed to bleed most of the water out, but now it's all wrinkled. Guess I could strip out the cyst area at some point and re-paint it, but I'm afraid the patch job would appear obvious afterwards.

You just reminded me. I had an old video I made in early 00s on a camcorder. I took the tape to a place and paid £20 to get it digitally transferred to a usb stick.

I just recently tried to open and it and nothing is managing to do so. It's a 7gb movie file because I think the place just rips the whole tape and dumps it on your stick. Anyone got any suggestions?

I really wanna see this dumb video of me and a friend making noise in a sewer from 13-14 years ago.

At work, a robin landed on my computer monitor, pooped down the screen, looked at me for ten seconds and then flew off.

Can't get no respect.

why do you have birds in your office? lol

At work, a robin landed on my computer monitor, pooped down the screen, looked at me for ten seconds and then flew off.

Can't get no respect.

video-if-big-bird-interned-at-your-offic

Can't get no respect.

Who said I worked in an office?

Can't get no respect.

Noone =(

I was just being funny.  :catcry:  :catsuicide: 

It was me!  I said it!

(From space.)

FWP: had an extremely dangerous old man moment in my car and hit the accelerator instead of brakes while backing up.  Luckily my reflexes were quick enough to hit the brakes before any damage could be done to the car behind me.  Yikes...  :fear:

lol, I thought I smelled old guy farts coming from an old man

So at my very office job today I had a bunch of 3-page tracking forms to print for a client, and having a "smart" print-hub all-in-one thingy I decided to send four copies to print, enabled the "auto-staple" feature like a power-user boss, only to arrive moments later to find 12 pages stapled together :psyduck:

Can't get no respect.

Noone =(

GOD, thanks for bursting my bubble, Bechuga. I was laughing my ass off for a minute.

Can't get no respect.

Noone =(

GOD, thanks for bursting my bubble, Bechuga. I was laughing my ass off for a minute.

Maybe he works in a bird sanctuary :)

Can't get no respect.

Noone =(

Maybe he works in a bird sanctuary :)

It would be much better if he worked in an otherwise completely normal boring office which had an inexplicable bird infestation affecting all facets of business operation.

so my mom is needing a new computer for her business
she was given the two choices below

i need some tech savvy opinions please. i don't need opinions on the prices just which computer would be best to run basic stuff but one that will last the longest and best investment

▪ Processor : Intel 7th Gen. Core I5-7400 (Up to 3.5GHz, 4 Cores, 4 Threads, & 6MB Cache)
▪ Motherboard : ASUS H110M-E/M.2 Motherboard, using Intel H110 Chipset
♦ 2x DDR4 Memory Slots; supports up to 32GB RAM ♦ 1x PCIe x16 Rev2
♦ 2x PCIe x1 Rev2 Expansion Slots ♦ Realtek HD Audio ♦ Realtek Gigabit LAN
▪ USB Ports : Front: 2x USB3 / Rear: 2x USB3, & 4x USB2
▪ RAM : 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM (Expandable to 32GB)
▪ Video : Intel HD Graphics 630 (Max. 2 Monitors support using VGA, and HDMI)
▪ Card Reader : 32-In-1 Multi Flash Card Reader/Writer
▪ Optical Drive : LG 24x DVD/CD Writer
▪ Storage Device : Western Digital 500GB SSD SATA3 6GB/s
▪ Chassis : In-Win EM048 Tower, 350W Quiet PSU + 1x Rear 120mm Fan
Tower Dimension: 14.2” H x 7.5” W x 15” D
▪ OS : Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64
▪ KB, & Mouse : NOT QUOTED
▪ Display(s) : NOT QUOTED
Intel I5 Package : $1,265.00

OR

▪ Processor : Intel 8th Gen. Core I7-8700 (Up to 4.6GHz, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, & 12MB Cache)
▪ Motherboard : ASUS TUF Z370 Plus Motherboard, using Intel Z370 Chipset
♦ 4x DDR4 Memory Slots; supports up to 64GB RAM ♦ 2x PCIe x16 Rev3
♦ 4x PCIe x1 Rev3 Expansion Slots ♦ Realtek HD Audio ♦ Intel Gigabit LAN
▪ USB Ports : Front: 2x USB3 / Rear: 2x USB3.1, 2x USB3.0, 1x USB-C, & 2x USB2
▪ RAM : 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM (Expandable to 64GB)
▪ Video : Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Max. 2 Monitors support using DVI-D, and HDMI)
▪ Card Reader : 32-In-1 Multi Flash Card Reader/Writer
▪ Optical Drive : LG 24x DVD/CD Writer
▪ Storage Device : Western Digital 500GB SSD SATA3 6GB/s
▪ Chassis : In-Win EFS052 Tower, 450W Quiet PSU + 1x Rear 120mm Fan
Tower Dimension: 14.2” H x 7.5” W x 15” D
▪ OS : Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64
▪ KB, & Mouse : NOT QUOTED
▪ Display(s) : NOT QUOTED
Intel I7 Package : $1,625.00