IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Today, I have a slight lingering cold (a FWP in itself), so I'm working from home. Apparently, one of my neighbors just got a dog and it's been barking and howling for hours.

the banana i bought from the coffee shop looked about ripe to me.. it's a nice yellow w/some brown spots here or there.. but it's maybe 3 days from ripe.. i just tried to peel it and it did that thing where the peel just strips off in a fiber like tear... i gave up and put it in a drawer.  in a couple days i'll try again. 

now i'm hungry. but i have coffee at least. 

I have so much alcohol at home that I feel I should drink some of it just to have less alcohol at home.

I have so much alcohol at home that I feel I should drink some of it just to have less alcohol at home.

any red wine? cider? where do you live? can i bring my bike inside or is it safe to lock up outisde?

the banana i bought from the coffee shop looked about ripe to me.. it's a nice yellow w/some brown spots here or there.. but it's maybe 3 days from ripe.. i just tried to peel it and it did that thing where the peel just strips off in a fiber like tear... i gave up and put it in a drawer.  in a couple days i'll try again. 

now i'm hungry. but i have coffee at least. 

I read bandana instead of banaan and was really confused for a second, must've been all the babdana talk earlier.

any red wine? cider? where do you live? can i bring my bike inside or is it safe to lock up outisde?

Yes, there seems to be one bottle of red wine. Several bottles of vodka, a couple of bottles of brandy, rum, absinthe..

My bike is outside most of the time, though not now when it's snowing and cold so I rather keep it stored inside so that the seat is not so damn cold when I go biking.

Yes, there seems to be one bottle of red wine. Several bottles of vodka, a couple of bottles of brandy, rum, absinthe..

My bike is outside most of the time, though not now when it's snowing and cold so I rather keep it stored inside so that the seat is not so damn cold when I go biking.

Fucking chug that absinthe and give us a report.

Dog sitting for my friend, who has an endless supply of white wine.  I finished off what was in the fridge and opened a second, but I've discovered white wine that isn't ice cold is kind of gross... and the freezer is too full of meat and other things to stick it in there.  So I need to wait for the snail mail version of chill (aka fridge).  I'll probably be sober by the time it's cold enough to drink.

i'm janitorial job is stressssssing me out. every time i get my work checked i'm told of new things i have to do, new areas of the building i didn't know i have to do.

all told from my supervisor very bluntly and no thankyous.

Got jack shit done today (wrestling with a tetchy subpar installer just about all god damn day and finally throwing in the towel around 6:00) after being out on jury duty yesterday. Then I called the court number and I'm back on jury duty tomorrow. Guess I'm getting jack shit done this whole week.

Dog sitting for my friend, who has an endless supply of white wine.  I finished off what was in the fridge and opened a second, but I've discovered white wine that isn't ice cold is kind of gross... and the freezer is too full of meat and other things to stick it in there.  So I need to wait for the snail mail version of chill (aka fridge).  I'll probably be sober by the time it's cold enough to drink.

put ice cubes in your glass. 

Yeah, not sure why I didn't just do that.  But then I'd have nothing to complain about in this thread.

Watered down wine would've been a perfectly acceptable complaint.

i'm janitorial job is stressssssing me out. every time i get my work checked i'm told of new things i have to do, new areas of the building i didn't know i have to do.

all told from my supervisor very bluntly and no thankyous.

Quit doing a good job? That's usually the reason you get given more work ;) Shitty getting that sort of matter of fact attitude from supervisors though, that small subtle constant uuuggghhhhhh wears on you.

In those predictable doldrums of doing nothing in my free time.

When I'm constantly working all I want to do is have time to sort out my crap and do some creative/productive stuff. Now that I'm off work for three weeks I'm sitting here marathoning Masterchef, drinking cognac and stuffing myself with cheese and crackers; in my pyjamas. It's 14:29.

Damn, currently in serious alcohol withdrawal... Judging by my last few posts I've been drinking since around the start of February everyday until a few days ago... Watmm should ground me a bit...

February 1999? just teasing, but if you're alcohol dependent a sudden stop can proper fuck with your system

a mate did a full detox nr Glasgow after 2+decades of solid booze-hounding recently & his withdrawal meds were 80mg of diazepam for 2 days, 40mg for 2 days, 20mg for 2 days, halved to 10mg/5mg/2.5mg down to zero etc

avoid illicit vals, obviously, & try n exercise.... steady or brisk walks & build it up over the spring, lean proteins (easy to switch from booze to comfort food)....also a good excuse to splurge on a decent bike

Fucking chug that absinthe and give us a report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etj6fPjmuaY

in 2004 i bought 2 bottles of absinthe from an importer in NYC.  you can import small amounts of it as a "cooking oil" or whatever the class of things is that olive oil falls into.  so, apparently it was real and had high wormwood content according to the label.. but also very high alcohol content.. 

it didn't taste bad and i did the whole thing w/the spoon and the sugar cubes and the fire... it worked pretty well.. was a fun thing to do.. basically it was a wide awake type of drunk.. at least the first time it was.. i drank it w/some friends.. one friend just started drinking it on the rocks after the first glass.  i forget what we even did that night.. just hung out in a friend's living room. 

the 2nd time was at a hotel in seattle pre-decibel festival partying.  it was the only thing i ingested that night.. other than a few beers here or there and later we grabbed the bottle before heading to an after party.. all night long things were kind of lucid but trippy.. like fun trails and giddy chuckles.. could've just been the night and the people i was with and the places we went.. but it made for a nice night.. 

though the next day i was hella hungover and fell asleep watching conan the barbarian. 

I've had some experiences with absinthe..

Once I was in a bar with a couple of my friends. I had had maybe four beers but wasn't feeling drunk and for some reason decided to order a few rounds of absinthe shots for us all. That's the last thing I can remember with some clarity of that night. I have some vague memories of walking to another bar at some point. Apparently at some point my friend's sister came to pick us up with a car. Can't remember it, neither can my friends. She told that my other friend tried to hit on her.. None of us guys can't remember any of that. Anyway, I got home and woke up from the bathroom floor. I had fallen off the toilet. Managed to get into bed. Some time later woke up from the floor again. I had fallen off the bed. Next morning absolutely a nightmare of a hangover.