IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

basically it was a wide awake type of drunk.. 

Yes, this exactly!  The one time I drank absinth (also with the flame/melted sugar cubes) my body felt drunk but my mind felt like I had just downed a couple cups of coffee, minus the jitters/tension.  It's the only time I've experienced that particular state.

Yeah the first time I drank absinthe I was fucked but had no idea I was fucked. I'd been sitting on a futon with my gf at the time for a few hours. We decided to leave and I stood up, someone pulled the pin out of my knees and I went back down, while managing to knee my gf in the eye.
I tried to stand a second time and ended up doing a somersault across the room, coming to stop by gently rocking my friend's mum's glass cabinet full of crystal tableware with the back of my head.

I woke up the next morning covered in scratches, they were all up my arms. A few on my neck. My gf told me on the way home I would randomly keep falling sideways into hedges.

That night is now known by the people that were there as the night I wrestled with the green fairy

Yeah the first time I drank absinthe I was fucked but had no idea I was fucked. I'd been sitting on a futon with my gf at the time for a few hours. We decided to leave and I stood up, someone pulled the pin out of my knees and I went back down, while managing to knee my gf in the eye.

I tried to stand a second time and ended up doing a somersault across the room, coming to stop by gently rocking my friend's mum's glass cabinet full of crystal tableware with the back of my head.

I woke up the next morning covered in scratches, they were all up my arms. A few on my neck. My gf told me on the way home I would randomly keep falling sideways into hedges.

That night is now known by the people that were there as the night I wrestled with the green fairy

well done sir.. well done. 

back in my heavy boozing fun days, i would start a night out after work with 4-5 shots of absinthe, then move to beer. gives you an awesome, uplifting buzz, like a pleasant pre-bev condensed into 20 minutes before you go to a club. 

Do they even use wormwood in it these days? Without it it should just act like any other spiced/flavoured alcohol no?

The bottle I had was imported from Amsterdam and had the wormwood.

But if you found it anywhere in North America it would not... unless it was some specialty store that had other illegal things.  There's a shop in Van that was selling pot long before it was legalized, along with shrooms.  The cops obviously know about it but don't care.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Nice! I didn't know you could still get hold of the real stuff, but obviously Amsterdam.

A couple of days ago my girlfriend freaked out over the fact that I don't want kids right now. I wouldn't mind waiting. Yesterday my best friend told me he's gonna be a father, so now I'm kinda panicking because everyone around me are becoming parents and... fuck... fuck!

On absinthe, at least in Finland it's possible to buy just the dried wormwood from some of the health/natural food and supplement shops. So you can le it soak in the bottle to add more potency if needed.

Personally I think it's just mostly placebo. I've tried drinking wormwood tea with just wormwood and hot water without any noticeable effect.

On a related note to squee's post, I thought it would be a good idea to look up an old gf on facebook today. One from 15 years ago. Not to contact, just nosiness. 

She appears to be a proper grown up now, with a baby and a successful career in TV production. Nothing quite like that to make you feel like one of the biggest losers alive right now.

Good 'oof', would do again.

I decided to have a check up at the dentist because I'm planning to go traveling for a longer period, no tooth ache or anything really, and ended up going through a root canal. Finally finished today.

I usually go to see a dentist before I go on a longer trip because I fear I might end up visiting a guy like this:

street-dentist-india.jpg

On a related note to squee's post, I thought it would be a good idea to look up an old gf on facebook today. One from 15 years ago. Not to contact, just nosiness. 

She appears to be a proper grown up now, with a baby and a successful career in TV production. Nothing quite like that to make you feel like one of the biggest losers alive right now.

Good 'oof', would do again.

damn. i'm glad i got rid of facebook