IGNORED

Plaid live in Winchester South UK

rude_NHS

Winky - got to hand it to you son, Winchester gig was the 'ollox.

Really like the small venue and the soundsystem could handle the frequencies being passed through it.

The crowd was nice and friendly, unlike the Nathan Barley-alike-nodes that will be inhabiting village underground!

Rip-roaring set - advice to anyone attending other Plaid concerts - ask for an encore, Winchester bluds did and they get an extra 10 minutes of tune-age.

You don't ask you don't get!

Winchester - keepin it real in 2011.

can you elaborate please on what you heard from the Plaid set? Any Scintilli or unreleased gems?

Guest sach29

I'd say 40% unreleased, 40% reworked and 20% released, it's almost an anti-climax when you hear something that is unchanged!

I'd seen Plaid live last year and the year before so i know their live repertoire quite well, so there were 3 definite 'fresh' new tracks that i'd never heard before.

One is a corker that uses their 'synthetic' voice intrument to a super tight electro groove so deep, dentists could use it for root canal surgery.

May decide to take a 'holiday' in Glasgow in a couple of weeks to catch the show again - hopefully the speakers will be up to the job......

If you like Plaid - you need to catch this (esp. if the venue has decent speakers)!

i'll be attending the 'album launch' show in London this weekend, with Plaid playing a 90+ minute set... cos if they did an encore at Winchester last night then they're bound to do something like that at the London main event aswell.

funnily enough the train ticket to Shoreditch, just down the road from Village Underground, is a mere fraction of the price it was going to be to get to Winchester!! so i decided not to bother with that one, as the London show will be thee big show to see, anyway ;)

Even more pumped up for the Norwich show now. Last year's set there was shit-hot.

that should be a good one mate! and the gigs in Manchester and Glasgow, too. - big shows. as in 'important', big areas of the country, if you know what i mean?

not that Winchester wasn't a big deal at all, it was their first UK gig, after all. but Winchester? - kinda in the middle of 'nowhereville', innit. :) - good to hear it was a good night, tho, and they played a nice 10 minute encore!

i'd have been quite happy with that if i was there. tho, of course a 15 minute, 3 track encore incorporating Wasp and White's Dream, would've been better! :)

i didn't realise they were doing so many dates in Europe aswell as the US...

busy, busy couple of months for the plad lads!!!!!!!!!

Guest sach29

Caretstik - I think Trail was more a track from the Greedy Baby years and it's been rotated out of their live set. Why don't you send a jim'll-fix-it email to Ed-Andy, i'm sure they'll want to make you're day!

I'd kill for them just to drop Trail in at Norwich. Hope they haven't abandoned that live yet. Although if Andy's not bullshitting about considering it for a new EP, maybe not.

it's already been released tho hasn't it? so i wouldn't of thought that one would be on the new EP...

which is a shame, cos everyone loves it! would be really good if it got a 'proper' EP-mix and release on Warp...

anyone go to the london gig.....i don't like the venue so i didn't go (have asked for a refund in the past due to the incredibly poor acoustics, not helped by amateurisg speaker configuration)..........am going Glasgow tho.....

Archived