IGNORED

Plaid live in Winchester South UK

rude_NHS

Plaid will play the Railway Inn Winchester as part of their tour on October 3rd with support from rude_NHS and Jayetal plus more TBC.

Anyone living in the south of the UK should not miss out on this chance to see Plaid in a highly intimate setting in a historic town.

Info to follow.

it seems their only uk dates are manchester, norwich, winchester and london, so anyone in the south or even west country should get down. tickets are available form the venue or through me directly. if your thinking of going and would like to reserve a ticket pm me and i'll see what i can do. this one is gonna sell out because its only a 100 capacity venue!!!

heres a facebook event you can follow if you want to keep informed.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=174848189251672

• 1 month later...

its bump time. tickets for this are selling but there are still loads left. £12.

anyone in or near the south coast should get in quick. the railway is a tiny venue and its gonna be truely awesome to be right in Plaids face. get in!!!

I guess most people down this way are heading up to the London show. that's the big one. "Album Launch"... supposedly.

and it's not on a Monday night! - really bad night for a (any) gig, imho.

Hi Winky,

As it seems you're involved with this forthcoming gig, do you know know when plaid hit the stage.

It's a bit painful having to sit through some up the warmup acts, i'm coming down from croydon so would would be nice to time things just right.

Much respect!

sach29

Hmm still severely tempted by this, reckon it would take me about 75 mins to drive down there. Depends where I end up working on the day though - will see if I can plan my diary around it, would be sweet!

Any idea on potential finish time? Assuming it wouldnt go on past 11pm for a school night?

Winky.........

C'mon dude all that'll happen if i don't know what time Plaid hit the stage is that i'll leave and read a book in my car.

The only warm up act i've ever sat through was when Jon Hopkins warmed up for Plaid a couple of years back.

I've forked up ma £13.50 so if you are the promoter or somehome related to the promotor please show a bit of compassion to someone who works in Liverpool St (15mins walk from Village Underground) and is still willing a pain in the arse drive from Croydon via the M25/M3 on a Monday night to give a bit of support to yourself and Plaid.

Much Appreciated.

Hmm still severely tempted by this, reckon it would take me about 75 mins to drive down there. Depends where I end up working on the day though - will see if I can plan my diary around it, would be sweet!

Any idea on potential finish time? Assuming it wouldnt go on past 11pm for a school night?

hmmm, i wouldn't think they'll be on til at least 10/11pm ??

i'm gonna try and make it to this gig aswell, tho it's cutting it pretty fine now!

they are listed in my first post. check um.

Plaid will play the Railway Inn Winchester as part of their tour on October 3rd with support from rude_NHS and Jayetal plus more TBC.

Anyone living in the south of the UK should not miss out on this chance to see Plaid in a highly intimate setting in a historic town.

Info to follow.

I reckon I could go to this gig for about £120 all told, there's a part of me that's tempted but I've got loads of shit planned for my birthday, plus I'm seeing them in Norwich a few weeks later. Still not totally dismissing the idea though, it looks like a decent little venue.

a rough set list has surfaced.

7pm = Djs

8.30pm = rude_NHS

9.30pm = JayEtAl

10.30 pm = Chas and Dave

so when will Plaid be playing?

i do hope Chas and Dave do a longer set this time tho.

Guest sach29

Winky - got to hand it to you son, Winchester gig was the 'ollox.

Really like the small venue and the soundsystem could handle the frequencies being passed through it.

The crowd was nice and friendly, unlike the Nathan Barley-alike-nodes that will be inhabiting village underground!

Rip-roaring set - advice to anyone attending other Plaid concerts - ask for an encore, Winchester bluds did and they get an extra 10 minutes of tune-age.

You don't ask you don't get!

Winchester - keepin it real in 2011.

Archived