IGNORED

Patten - GLAQJO XAACSSO

Redruth

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lucy Faringold

I had a dream last night that I was playing with a seal called Patten (I remember thinking it was a strange name when I woke up) then I logged on to Boomkat and saw this on the front page and was all like :emotawesomepm9: .

Samples sound great.

interesting synchronicity. this album definitely has many of the elements that i'm searching for in musics right now, great release

couldn't agree more. haven't truly sat down with the record yet, but i'm loving what i'm hearing.

Gotta say this is one of the more unique records I've heard in a long time. It's like the spirit of IDM is back with an updated sound palette. I know it's a cliched thing to say, but it does remind me of Autechre in places, like their take on the hypnagogic genre. Looking forward to giving this more plays!

Gotta say this is one of the more unique records I've heard in a long time. It's like the spirit of IDM is back with an updated sound palette.

Also on point! It definitely acknowledges IDM production techniques in such a wholly interesting and—dare I say it—new way.

I think that is actually a new pseudonym of the mighty Actress... don't you think so?

Thanks for the remix stuff.

And why is the credit going to troon - I opened a thread about it way earlier, but no one cared :ohmy:

This actually sounds quite different than Actress to my ears. Same style kind of but very different approach. I never really got into Actress but this album immediately clicks with me.

And why is the credit going to troon - I opened a thread about it way earlier, but no one cared :ohmy:

Sorry, this is the thread I saw first. But that is a bugger when that happens, all hail tokn!!!!!

This actually sounds quite different than Actress to my ears. Same style kind of but very different approach. I never really got into Actress but this album immediately clicks with me.

I agree... though I could appreciate what Actress was doing, I never really got into it... I'd listen to it and think, "that's nice".

This patten album however... wow. I actually crave it when it's not on. I told myself I wouldn't buy any more vinyl this month but I keep visiting the No Pain In Pop site and adding the 12" to the shopping cart.

Sorry for the triple post, can't edit.

Here is Patten's bandcamp where you will find demo versions of glaqjo xaacsso tracks "Words Collided" and "Fire Dream" as well as earlier albums that feature some guitar work and other home recording experiments. Very different, but worth a listen.

Sorry, this is the thread I saw first. But that is a bugger when that happens, all hail tokn!!!!!

tokn, my apologies. if you would like, maybe get the watmm officials attention for merger

Archived