IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

Project Runway Anya ftw!

8d63574eb4ed788b_project_cover3.jpg

I would make it work for her, if you know what I mean.

I mean my penis would probably function well if we were to have intercourse.

yea me too. i would make it work all over the small of her back.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That magazine cover man... I hate those fucking ear stretchings

It looks ugly stupid and it fucks your ears up forever

Also, red text on a white background? designer lameness!

... Does that cover everything there is to complain about that picture? Not sure.

if you want to talk about designer lameness, how about that font? just write it. nothing drives me crazier than laziness in typography. it doesn't look like authentic handwriting when all the letter a's are the same.

if you want to talk about designer lameness, how about that font? just write it. nothing drives me crazier than laziness in typography. it doesn't look like authentic handwriting when all the letter a's are the same.

I'm not a designer, but I'm totally feelin' ya

Kind of the same why I also dislike "grunge" type fonts, the ones that try to look organic by having a texture in them. But each letter has it's own texture over and over! Nothing organic at all.

3438679150_5494195ae0.jpg

Just look at that O and T. Silly I tells ya.

Or even subtle texture

radiohead_king_of_limbs.jpg

You can view it better on http://www.radiohead.com but whenever I see the repeated texture on the A and D it just makes me arglhlgjf. Is it that hard to put a subtle self-made texture on your logo instead on the font?

So yeah, fuck you skrillex

i'd fuck you skrillex

Project Runway Anya ftw!

8d63574eb4ed788b_project_cover3.jpg

I would make it work for her, if you know what I mean.

I mean my penis would probably function well if we were to have intercourse.

yea me too. i would make it work all over the small of her back.

creepy!

so I listened to some of his tunes yesterday, it's not that bad now is it? Besides some dubious sound choices maybe, I thought it would be harder to digest. I'm going to hold back the hate, for now.

Did you try listening to Ruffneck Bass? That song is more laughable than this guy I know named Bob that works for the natural gas company.

When I first started listening to this stuff, I was imagining ravers running around until the beatdown, at which point they would necessarily ball up their fists, slouch forward, bend their knees at shoulder width, and start stomping around upstairs.

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised that he blatantly reuses things
surely there is a limit to how much we hate him? that seems a tad excessive.
quote from the article "by the time it got to the drop in the song, I had opened up some older passages that I'd made before and tweaked them to make new sounds on the fly"

Oh come on http://forum.watmm.com/forum/20-luke-vibert-forum/

I'm not a designer, but I'm totally feelin' ya

Kind of the same why I also dislike "grunge" type fonts, the ones that try to look organic by having a texture in them. But each letter has it's own texture over and over! Nothing organic at all.

3438679150_5494195ae0.jpg

Just look at that O and T. Silly I tells ya.

Or even subtle texture

radiohead_king_of_limbs.jpg

You can view it better on http://www.radiohead.com but whenever I see the repeated texture on the A and D it just makes me arglhlgjf. Is it that hard to put a subtle self-made texture on your logo instead on the font?

yup. same principle on the grunge fonts. radiohead knows better too which makes that even worse.

ack. i hate to say it, cos i'm guilty of it as well,, but you guys do over analyse some shit. and it's not even the interesting shit.

it's shit like letterstyles and fonts, ffs. :lol:

watmm.

ack. i hate to say it, cos i'm guilty of it as well,, but you guys do over analyse some shit. and it's not even the interesting shit.

watmm.

A lot of us here are designers, and it's our passion, so it IS interesting to us. I can't speak for anyone else, but analysing typography/design gives me some weird kind of pleasure.

That magazine cover font is terrible by the way. Novelty fonts are best used sparingly, if at all.

watmm.

A lot of us here are designers, and it's our passion, so it IS interesting to us. I can't speak for anyone else, but analysing typography/design gives me some weird kind of pleasure.

That magazine cover font is terrible by the way. Novelty fonts are best used sparingly, if at all.

i have to clue about design, nor do i pretend to, but that kind of shit bugs me too. it's just lazy and it jumps out for whatever reason.

another one is where they use text faces as display, for eg. FF Trixie, courier etc. must be a rather large typewriter! i just hate it. though on a logo its different i guess, eg. X-Files as long as they're individually tweaked where letters of same become multiples. Cotton Goods record label or Fugazi sleeve designs use it correctly.

Skrillex, the name to me could easily be a brand name for a Graffiti ink pen, i think. its probably the word 'Scribble' thats in my head, Krink is one so Shrinkex, Skrinkex, Stinkex Stinky! Hedex, brand name for headache pills. Theres a connection there. Word play/association and typography, love it

fuckin right modey :beer:

and lol at sirch calling out over analyzing something

you're proper sick in the face. man, how old are you? you look old.

Archived