IGNORED

Skrillex AMA on Reddit

hello spiral

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, arguing about someone's music whether it sucks or not is stupid. If you enjoy it, you're getting a dopamine dose from your brain regardless of the "quality" of its content. From a biology standpoint, it doesn't matter one bit.

Secondly, Skrillex sucks.

Guest Gary C

This rash of AMAs that only seem to last a few hours make it all the more remarkable and amazing that Sean and Rob gave us 5 days of their time here.

They were here before and they remain here. The Jenkinson's ain't got anything better to do so they're here too. Aphex lurks. And Four Tet is Joyrex.

This rash of AMAs that only seem to last a few hours make it all the more remarkable and amazing that Sean and Rob gave us 5 days of their time here.

They were here before and they remain here. The Jenkinson's ain't got anything better to do so they're here too. Aphex lurks. And Four Tet is Joyrex.

but

who's E.T.?

but

who's E.T.?

ET is AKA jody dark AKA notorious cyber-hacker who hacked watmm, AKA smoker of 'pissarettes', and possibly Vsnares

edit- correction: i should say 'alleged' notorious cyber-hacker who 'allegedly' hacked watmm

Guest fiznuthian

the problem is that you picked a side (however reasonable it seemed to you at that time) and stopped looking at it critically a long time ago despite the ever-changing and complex reality. you simply apply your simplistic grand theory of "skrillex sucks" at any music discussion, cling onto evidence that supports, ignore other evidences on a cognitive level and don't look at other possible explanations. this is not the way to get to the truths of things.

(pretentious sociology warning) i obviously stopped trusting pretty much anything since learning from a brilliant sociologist, that's pretty much the nature of his field as it deconstructs everything (including its methods of deconstruction), not just specific skrillex beats or whatever.

Guest fiznuthian

who cares?

you have no capabilities to determine what's good and what's bad in such big, remote and complex matters, what you heard is information that conforms to your beliefs in regards to truth. might as well realize this after 10 years of plain retarded postings about anything relating to skrillex that i've witnessed here.

Guest fiznuthian

Also, you guys really need to at least try to justify why you have such opinions and put them to the test to see if they have some basis.

the problem is that you picked a side (however reasonable it seemed to you at that time) and stopped looking at it critically a long time ago despite the ever-changing and complex reality. you simply apply your simplistic grand theory of "skrillex sucks" at any music discussion, cling onto evidence that supports, ignore other evidences on a cognitive level and don't look at other possible explanations. this is not the way to get to the truths of things.

(pretentious sociology warning) i obviously stopped trusting pretty much anything since learning from a brilliant sociologist, that's pretty much the nature of his field as it deconstructs everything (including its methods of deconstruction), not just specific skrillex beats or whatever.

who cares?

you have no capabilities to determine what's good and what's bad in such big, remote and complex matters, what you heard is information that conforms to your beliefs in regards to truth. might as well realize this after 10 years of plain retarded postings about anything relating to skrillex that i've witnessed here.

you're being serious? I thought you were copy-pasting some daft comments from the AMA

Guest fiznuthian

Sorry, I was copy pasting eugene quotes. :cry:

Because we're stupid and don't understand reality.

Guest sonnyskare

Honestly I can't say 100% that the claim "his music is produced by others is true" (it was said earlier in the thread) it doesn't seem to be the case. He has a lot of clips of him in the studio making tracks. We know that he at least sings for some of his songs, so even if he doesn't produce it's not like he doesn't do anything. But he has played incomplete tunes before... and said that he just made them a bit ago, so I think that would be somewhat indicative that he's writing his own music. I guess there's no solid proof but I feel like he writes his own music. I suppose you could make claims like this for lots of other musicians though, even ones that are typically lauded on these forums.

it really comes down to opinions

Also he's been making electronic music for a while, almost before he was in FFTL:

http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/31862912/file.html

(this is 2004 material)

Honestly I can't say 100% that the claim "his music is produced by others is true"etc

well, it absolutely doesn't just come down to opinions. either he makes those tracks, or he doesn't. you can have your opinion about whether or not he actually does, but that would be a whole other separate thing from the actual fact of the matter.

but i don't really know too much or care much either way. i mean i feel like the dude is a total fraud if someone is ghost producing his trax, but i think the music is so shallow that it doesn't really matter to me much either way.

on the whole thing about how nice he is, i always think 'so fing what' anytime someone says that. there are plenty of nice people out there who dont get to become quadrillionaires and famous simply for being nice. he isn't famous for his niceness. he's famous for his (or what is allegedly his) music. the music, i don't HATE it, i'm just disappointed that it couldn't have been something with a little more depth or even occasionally some depth thrown in. but his being nice doesn't have anything to do with anything. people constantly bringing that up just because everyone else did and because they cant think about anything original to say about him..

fukin yanni might be nice. barry manilow might be a super nice guy. who gives a fuck. stop saying how nice skrillex is ppl. it's unoriginal comment cancer. it'd be one thing if it was just occasionally observed, but instead it's like a meme to talk about how nice skrillex is. fuking ridiculous

I wonder besides his demeanour in interviews what other skrills he has in the 'nice spectrum'? Can he make nice scones? Nice backhand in tennis. Remembers how many drinks to shout back when you are out on it. Comes round to help when you are moving.

Niessse.

Guest sonnyskare

Honestly I can't say 100% that the claim "his music is produced by others is true"etc

well, it absolutely doesn't just come down to opinions. either he makes those tracks, or he doesn't. you can have your opinion about whether or not he actually does, but that would be a whole other separate thing from the actual fact of the matter.

but i don't really know too much or care much either way. i mean i feel like the dude is a total fraud if someone is ghost producing his trax, but i think the music is so shallow that it doesn't really matter to me much either way.

on the whole thing about how nice he is, i always think 'so fing what' anytime someone says that. there are plenty of nice people out there who dont get to become quadrillionaires and famous simply for being nice. he isn't famous for his niceness. he's famous for his (or what is allegedly his) music. the music, i don't HATE it, i'm just disappointed that it couldn't have been something with a little more depth or even occasionally some depth thrown in. but his being nice doesn't have anything to do with anything. people constantly bringing that up just because everyone else did and because they cant think about anything original to say about him..

fukin yanni might be nice. barry manilow might be a super nice guy. who gives a fuck. stop saying how nice skrillex is ppl. it's unoriginal comment cancer. it'd be one thing if it was just occasionally observed, but instead it's like a meme to talk about how nice skrillex is. fuking ridiculous

I meant the opinions thing for whether or not people like his music. Of course yes it's either fact that he does or doesn't produce his tracks, but there's some evidence saying he does produce his tracks. I think skrillex's music is more appropriate for live performances, it's really not all that good at home. Driving around or exercising are nice times for his music too. I agree that his tracks don't have a lot of depth but that doesn't mean they aren't good or bad.

I think it's nice to know he's a nice guy, makes me more likely to like his music, but I don't think that should be used as a way to argue his music is good.

Archived