IGNORED

Richard Devine - RiSP EP

xyrofen

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds too arhythmical and too hip-hopish for me...damn. I was expecting something else.

Hip hop is VERY rhythmical. What are you talking about?

I honestly wasn't expecting to like this after that preview video/track and what others have said, but I think it's pretty amazing. Yes, it's totally IDM dark alien robot insect geek music, but my days it's good! It's been AGES since I've heard music like this of this high a calibre. Thank goodness he hasn't thrown in catchy melodies, 'real' drums, guitars, vocals, recognisable samples, or any nostalgic nods. There's enough of that around already, as good as it can be.

Listening to the leak now, this is sweetness. Been missing this kind of heavy textural/timbral exploration in IDM.

The leak is only 4 tracks though and as I understand it the digital version was supposed to be 6? Not complaining either way.

Thank goodness he hasn't thrown in catchy melodies, 'real' drums, guitars, vocals, recognisable samples, or any nostalgic nods. There's enough of that around already, as good as it can be.

^Amen.

Guest primusluta

Has anyone received there copy yet? I pre-ordered the shit out of this and still nothing.

Kero said mine went out last week. Apparently there was brown vinyl but the clear had just arrived and that was what was going out for pre-orders. Still makes me pissed as fuck to see this shit on sale at other out lets. let alone sold out in them.

Has anyone received there copy yet? I pre-ordered the shit out of this and still nothing.

Kero said mine went out last week. Apparently there was brown vinyl but the clear had just arrived and that was what was going out for pre-orders. Still makes me pissed as fuck to see this shit on sale at other out lets. let alone sold out in them.

I'm going to assume mine also went out last week because Kero won't reply to my emails. Thanks for posting this Primusluta!

it's pretty good, i just wish it sounded a little bit more 'forward' than where he left off last, especially after such a long wait. At this point i'd almost rather hear an album quality version of all those modular synth jams he puts up on vimeo. While i do appreciate glitchy darkness with no nostalgia inducing melodies, i much prefer the more textural/atmospheric take of Phonecia's Demissions or Dalglish's new stuff, that stuff feels like it's going into uncharted territory. I hope Richard changes direction on the next release.

it's pretty good, i just wish it sounded a little bit more 'forward' than where he left off last, especially after such a long wait. At this point i'd almost rather hear an album quality version of all those modular synth jams he puts up on vimeo. While i do appreciate glitchy darkness with no nostalgia inducing melodies, i much prefer the more textural/atmospheric take of Phonecia's Demissions or Dalglish's new stuff, that stuff feels like it's going into uncharted territory. I hope Richard changes direction on the next release.

that could take a while as he is now rebuilding his studio:

ayevp.jpg

(from facebook)

Guest mrgypsum

i havent seen the official digital yet, but i will get it as soon as it comes out, the leak or vinyl rip sounds like pleasure to my ears, i thought he had given up on making music for more of a sound designer type of career, devine is nuts.

Now that I've had a chance to listen to the whole thing a few times, I pretty much agree with all of this. It's good, super punchy, but it does feel like a short ep of a few live jams, rather than a full on release (and probably the link you posted is the keeper from the bunch). Which is fine, he knows how to make beats, but I guess I just want to hear all that unreleased 5.1 stuff he's supposedly been sitting on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest primusluta

You know what... this thing is fucking beautiful. I wish it had been sealed or put in a bag for shipping, but otherwise really can't complain about anything, even having to wait for something that looks this beautiful. Haven't played it yet. Does look like there are some extras in the grooves though. Hmmmmmmm.....

Archived