IGNORED

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Redruth

BsTVG.jpg

“For the last fourteen months Atticus and I have been hard at work on David Fincher’s ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’. We laughed, we cried, we lost our minds and in the process made some of the most beautiful and disturbing music of our careers. The result is a sprawling three-hour opus that I am happy to announce is available for pre-order right now for as low as $11.99. The full release will be available in one week – December 9th.”

"Their Karen O-vocalled cover of Led Zeppelin‘s ‘Immigrant Song’ is available as an instant download when you pre-order the soundtrack on iTunes, along with access to an 8-minute trailer for the film which features exclusive Reznor/Ross music. Meanwhile, at the webstore for Reznor’s Null Corporation imprint you can pre-order regular and HD digital downloads (December 8), a triple CD edition (December 7) , and a deluxe, signed edition comprising six LPs, a book, a fold-out poster, and a USB drive shaped like a razor blade. The soundtrack will be released internationally by Mute."

the last Deluxe box set that Reznor released was $300, and i'm really annoyed I didn't bite on it. The box set is really really nice, kicks the shit out of the Warp20 box set, and i've seen it easily fetch over $500 on the second hand market.

the last Deluxe box set that Reznor released was $300, and i'm really annoyed I didn't bite on it. The box set is really really nice, kicks the shit out of the Warp20 box set, and i've seen it easily fetch over $500 on the second hand market.

I have that one... was it really 300?? I thought it was about half that... jesus what was I thinking.

I have that one... was it really 300?? I thought it was about half that... jesus what was I thinking.

Ghosts I-IV, it was definitely $300. my housemate pulled the trigger on it, and i was so fucking jealous when it arrived.

VIsit iTunes here where you can immediately download Karen O’s and our version of Led Zeppelin’s “Immigrant Song” when you pre-order the soundtrack for $11.99.

You will also be able to exclusively watch the legendary 8-minute trailer you may have heard about (no purchase necessary obviously). We scored this trailer separately from the film, BTW.

Weird. When I was a little kid, this was one of the first albums I ever owned. I used to listen to this song ALL THE TIME. I never realized David Gilmour played guitar on it. In fact, for years, I was convinced that Tangerine Dream had a hand in composing it.

http://pitchfork.com...-to-six-tracks/

track #39 is a How to destroy angels cover :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkP3urtYCkc

Karen O, formerly of Jack White's wife., def. not ambient.

karen o is bleh and that cover is just terrible. that said, i do imagine this album being ok. i absolutely loved ghosts and enjoyed the social network soundtrack too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

thanks boomkat.com employee for directing us to a 1 year old mp3 version

*picks nostril, flicks mucus at awepittance. the massive, sticky glob of grey / green goop enters awepittance mouth, slipping between his lips as they smack and slobber. awepittance carries on mumbling foolish, banal nonsense and takes no notice, completely possessed by his naive oblivion. one after the other, mucus globs continues to fill his mouth, some of which stick to his face, seep through his hair and hangs from his chin. all the while he continues his rant, without pause, until finally he is unable to utter a word, gagged by the snot stifle , ultimately, overtaken by his own lack of awareness*

Archived