IGNORED

Bangface Weekender 2012

Soloman Tump

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noise your set was great. My buddy was afraid you were going to blow the speakers because he said he could hear the bass getting distorted or something. I danced my ass off that whole night. The entire weekend was the best experience I've ever had at a show. I definitely have to come to this again.

Noise your set was great. My buddy was afraid you were going to blow the speakers because he said he could hear the bass getting distorted or something. I danced my ass off that whole night. The entire weekend was the best experience I've ever had at a show. I definitely have to come to this again.

yes, i had major issues with my soundcards in the beginning, took a track to sort it out but then it was smooth. so stressed!

U-ziq set was the most chill thing I heard except for maybe Pierre Bastien, but it was very nice and I'm excited to get my hands on it.

Most notable was probably:

EOD

Rephlex Party in general

SoundMurderer

Aphex

DJ Yoda was really fun and interesting

I was really happy when I walked into Luke Vibert's set and he dropped Analogue Bubblebath.

Yeah, it was pretty cool. Everyone was like, "You came all the way here from Texas for this? Respect the effort!"

yes, i had major issues with my soundcards in the beginning, took a track to sort it out but then it was smooth. so stressed!

I think everyone was too happy to care. You played one track that I've never heard very early that I'm in love with so I'm going to have to run through all your music now to find it. It had this really nice sort of arppegiated acid melody. Hopefully it isn't unreleased.

I think everyone was too happy to care. You played one track that I've never heard very early that I'm in love with so I'm going to have to run through all your music now to find it. It had this really nice sort of arppegiated acid melody. Hopefully it isn't unreleased.

i played only two released tracks, so that's probably on my upcoming release schedule :)

I have to say I respect all of those who travelled many airmiles to witness the AFX (amoung others). I think that's pretty cool. I think because he plays on these shores so many times we take it for granted.

I'd like to hear what the Americans or other countries thought of our country, the beer, the women, the friendleness, the not-so-friendleness, the weather, etc etc.

I have travelled a fair bit myself but of course find everybody elses stories more interesting than mine, because I am a humble sort of chap.

It was good to see some of you, some `i think may have just stared at a couple of points and didnt say hi (shame on you)

Was fun, so far away though.. also not sure about the lay out of that place no central bar type area to meet and greet friends etc

didnt actually recognize mike p until the 5th time i saw him or so, shame on me. to my defense, there were several people i probably walked right by 10 times without realizing who they were, even aphex.. without glasses i'm absolutely worthless.

edit: did love the µziq set though. although i suddenly couldnt get back in to the top floor via the main stage for some reason, the guards just forced me to go round :(

So no one recorded your set. Teh bummer of it all.

;-/

Other recordings would have been nice too. Vibert and murderer to name a few.

I have some random recordings with untested equipment I made to which I haven't yet listened. One of them is of Steve's Disco Diner, but most of them are of music. I may post something interesting, but I was more looking towards using them for my own creative endeavors. It is really hard to capture something and be in the moment at the same time and all I wanted to do was dance. I didn't one to stand there like a knob holding a recorder. My friends have loads of great pictures and video clips though that I will share.

I have to say I respect all of those who travelled many airmiles to witness the AFX (amoung others). I think that's pretty cool. I think because he plays on these shores so many times we take it for granted.

I'd like to hear what the Americans or other countries thought of our country, the beer, the women, the friendleness, the not-so-friendleness, the weather, etc etc.

I have travelled a fair bit myself but of course find everybody elses stories more interesting than mine, because I am a humble sort of chap.

Well you can die any moment, but lineups like this don't seem to happen very often. Seeing Aphex live and listening to his set is drastically different from one another as well.

beer=better(mostly;doom bar, carlsberg, and carsling were my favorites)

women=amazing(a lot of them were from other countries though)

weather=perfect(only a few drops of rain and long sleeves were always appropriate)

I could go on about everything I experienced this weekend, but it would take me forever. In short, I felt at home for 3 days in a way that I'll miss for a very long time. At the risk of sounding dramatic I don't think I'll ever be the same. The amount of creative inspiration alone is astounding to me. Fucking ace.

Guest cult fiction

Definitely going next year if the lineup is anywhere close to this one. Really wanted to go this year.

Some groovy new monolith tracks played...

First one we've already heard a live snippet of before but this is longer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxY4CIRo9_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9FIEKPtVaA&feature=plcp

Jodey looked wicked as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsG5uN1bO2U&feature=plcp

Guest cult fiction

great weekend. lots of love. all the rephlex guys have firm hands. makes me sweat.

How did your set go? Did you play straylight?

Archived