IGNORED

Bangface Weekender 2012

Soloman Tump

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I respect all of those who travelled many airmiles to witness the AFX (amoung others). I think that's pretty cool. I think because he plays on these shores so many times we take it for granted.

I'd like to hear what the Americans or other countries thought of our country, the beer, the women, the friendleness, the not-so-friendleness, the weather, etc etc.

I have travelled a fair bit myself but of course find everybody elses stories more interesting than mine, because I am a humble sort of chap.

That's funny that you say that 'cause I think my friends and I had about 10 people say to us "You came all the way from Canada for BANGFACE??! " and then give us like some major wtf look hahah. Had to keep explaining I would probably never see anyone from the line up where I live, let alone all together.

Loved Newquay, though I only got a small amount of time to explore it. Pretty much everyone I met attending and working at the festival was super cool and laid back, even the security, which I heard quite a few people complaining about. Total opposite attitude than what I experienced in London.

And all the music was amazing, of course!

I have to say I respect all of those who travelled many airmiles to witness the AFX (amoung others). I think that's pretty cool. I think because he plays on these shores so many times we take it for granted.

I'd like to hear what the Americans or other countries thought of our country, the beer, the women, the friendleness, the not-so-friendleness, the weather, etc etc.

I have travelled a fair bit myself but of course find everybody elses stories more interesting than mine, because I am a humble sort of chap.

That's funny that you say that 'cause I think my friends and I had about 10 people say to us "You came all the way from Canada for BANGFACE??! " and then give us like some major wtf look hahah. Had to keep explaining I would probably never see anyone from the line up where I live, let alone all together.

Loved Newquay, though I only got a small amount of time to explore it. Pretty much everyone I met attending and working at the festival was super cool and laid back, even the security, which I heard quite a few people complaining about. Total opposite attitude than what I experienced in London.

And all the music was amazing, of course!

Yeah, it was hard to convey to them how deprived we are across the pond especially in my area of the US. I'm in Amsterdam at the moment and it doesn't seem like there is a lot of good electronic over here either.

again i have to say thanks to all the artist and the people how made this all possible. i'm lucky to have done 90% of the deadbeats, bloc's rephresh and nesh and this was the best line up and 3 day party i have done in a while. we used to go down in big groups and new we are all in our 30 and getting old for this. kids stop a lot of my friends going and i fear i my have to hang my old raving shoes up.

i look forward to all that lovely music soon to come out on rephlex and my be a little party in London i hope???

i will try and post a little video when i sort out i movie as i have 30 seconds clips of about 10 artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzS_gMJkib0&feature=relmfu

FUCK

that looks pretty intense.

would definitely melt my face off.

Kinda reminds me of room 2 at the elektrowerkz

*edit*

https://soundcloud.com/demon-cabbage/the-hard-crew-heroes-live-bang-face-weekender-2012

The opening set from the hard crew heroes (Dave Skywalker vs. Demon Cabbage vs. Bassbin Terroriser. 43 tracks, 65 minutes, and only 1 laptop crash)

Best set of the weekend for me was Starscream (Sid Wilson from Slipknot), who was unexpectedly brilliant, dropped some insane beats.

Also after the beach party my lot walked into town and got a cab back to site. The cab driver told us he picked up Starscream from the airport to drop him into Newquay. When he pulled up outside the hotel Sid asked him where the bell boy was... of course there was no bell boy. Then he pulled a sling out of his bag, put it on and said he had a bad neck and needed help with his bags.

He looked absolutely fine on Saturday night. My verdict is: IRL troll. Also LOL.

Overall the festival was excellent. Would definitely go back to that site, far better than Camber. Though I'd prefer it earlier in the year and to not (as is apparently usual when I go to the holiday park festivals) be in the furthest possible caravan!

It was beyond awesome. Met a ton of online pals and danced until my legs fell off. Put them back on then danced some more. It was seriously hot during Aphex's set (pretty much felt like an actual sauna) but I made it through most of it. I agree with the guy who says he wishes RDJ would drop more of his own recognizable classics into his sets. Don't get me wrong, the set destroyed. Pierre Bastian and mu-ziq were the most mellow / ambienty, which were like a soothing cleanse amidst an onslaught of jungle, amens, breakcore, etc. Yes there were a lot of inflatable dolphins! Also, beer. My favorite music moments were Ceephax & Jonny Jenks spinning records in the shack, EOD, D'Arcangelo, Wisp, DMX Krew, Jodey Kendrick (basically the whole Rephlex day), and getting to meet a bunch of my favorite music artists. I was pretty devastated to arrive at the beach party a few hours in to hear the last few notes of Ceephax's live set as he was one of the guys I was looking forward to the most. (Just assumed he'd be headlining that ... Wish they would have posted set times for that bit.) But his DJ set with his brother the night before was a blast.

I also got a lot of people saying "wow, you came all the way over here from the states for THIS?" I don't think you guys really understand how sad the electronic music "scene" here is. Also, everyone was SO nice, friendly and welcoming. A great experience and also felt like being "home" for me as well.

Camping in a tent for 4 nights in the cold was a bit rough on this California girl however, so I was happy to come back to my bed after all was said and done.

Shout out to Fah, noise, rixxx, eaw, Austin Cassell, wassim, Upstanding Monk, Jens, Fabbo, Squish Kibosh, Andy, Jonny, Jill, Phil et al, and everyone else I had the pleasure of seeing face to face! And of course my traveling buds Mike_Haggar and SPD who did all the driving (thankfully)!

My favorite music moments were Ceephax & Jonny Jenks spinning records in the shack, EOD, D'Arcangelo, Wisp, DMX Krew, Jodey Kendrick (basically the whole Rephlex day), and getting to meet a bunch of my favorite music artists. I was pretty devastated to arrive at the beach party a few hours in to hear the last few notes of Ceephax's live set as he was one of the guys I was looking forward to the most. (Just assumed he'd be headlining that ... Wish they would have posted set times for that bit.) But his DJ set with his brother the night before was a blast.

Ah yeah, I had pretty much the exact same problem trying to see Ceephax, except I decided to go to the beach for the very end (STUPID) and evidently everyone had been kicked out out early due to the tide. Bad assumption, but I just got really drunk in that playground and ranted about how bummed I was for like an hour and felt a bit better about it (still kinda sad though). And seriously, yeah the whole Rephlex set was a major highlight for me, was really blown away and had loads of fun.

Also, my friends and I might have been talking to someone from your group on the thursday night, some dude from California wearing a boc shirt?? Can't remember if there was anyone else with him we talked to, bit of a drunk flashback...

^ Well yeah, previous bangface weekenders (and indeed the "normal" bangface parties in London) do not usually attract this many WATMM'ers.

Glad you all had a great time though. The next London party should be announced soon which I will try to get too, the elektrowerkz is an awesome venue.

I was also pretty sad not to see Ceephax play, but I'm looking forward to trying to come next year. I wish I would have met more of the WATMM'ers as well because I didn't realize how many were there. I did however have the opportunity to meet SPD yesterday on my plane ride home. If I come next year I will definitely try to do things better and also do some kind of meet and greet with all the WATMM'ers. I would however like to propose a BFW in the states and/or a Rephlex party. Could you guys please come bring some good electronic music to Texas? Thanks!!!

Yeah man, that was a pretty crazy coincidence running into you guys at the airport yesterday, after a week and a half even. Good talk, good times. And Popiax, I'm not sure but that may have been me w/ the BoC shirt. I'm not sure which day I wore it but we were definitely there on Thurs night up at the shack w/ Ceephax and co. Did the person have a brown pork pie hat on?

And even after all this, Noise, I still don't know what you or Dave Monolith look like (must have been all the smoke in the Rephlex room), which is a laugh.

Yeah! I was wondering if I had talked to anyone off of here without realizing it. I don't know how long I talked to you/if you remember but I would have been a girl in a tie dye jacket with bleached hair.

Nice to meet you anyway ;D !

I was also pretty sad not to see Ceephax play, but I'm looking forward to trying to come next year. I wish I would have met more of the WATMM'ers as well because I didn't realize how many were there. I did however have the opportunity to meet SPD yesterday on my plane ride home. If I come next year I will definitely try to do things better and also do some kind of meet and greet with all the WATMM'ers. I would however like to propose a BFW in the states and/or a Rephlex party. Could you guys please come bring some good electronic music to Texas? Thanks!!!

Oh sheeet that would be fucking amazing.

But slightly further north of Texas maybe ....heh

Yeah! I was wondering if I had talked to anyone off of here without realizing it. I don't know how long I talked to you/if you remember but I would have been a girl in a tie dye jacket with bleached hair.

Oh sheeet that would be fucking amazing.

But slightly further north of Texas maybe ....heh

Yeah, fuck Texas it is like Nazi Germany here, but USA somewhere please.

Yeah man, that was a pretty crazy coincidence running into you guys at the airport yesterday, after a week and a half even. Good talk, good times. And Popiax, I'm not sure but that may have been me w/ the BoC shirt. I'm not sure which day I wore it but we were definitely there on Thurs night up at the shack w/ Ceephax and co. Did the person have a brown pork pie hat on?

And even after all this, Noise, I still don't know what you or Dave Monolith look like (must have been all the smoke in the Rephlex room), which is a laugh.

It's the Bangface/WATMM energy permeating everything and bringing us all together.

Yeah I remember you guys. You were the Canadian crew. Nice to see a good solid bunch of North American representation at this. It wasn't until the very end, like yesterday when I was flying home that I bumped into Adieu and the Texas crew. Also heard about a Detroit crew floating around but never met them. We ended up chilling most of the time w/ a Dutch bunch, via Superstix (best tentmate ever!). A huge shout out to Fah, who's record I still need to buy after I didn't get a chance to go back to Phonica and get it. Nice to meet Macca and eaw, and to Mike_Haggar who lost his wallet and all of his cash and cards at a gas station in Bristol and had to borrow money from Superstix and I all weekend, which makes for a great story, a huge LOL to you sir. Big up also to Mike P who fucking remember me from Coachella 1999!!! WHAT!? (back when we both had [awesome] hair)

Oh and cheers to Iain C. Even thought you didn't do Bangface, going out to pub around in Greenwich was brilliant. Thanks for the good time. I did come back the next day and hit up Goddard's Pie & Mash btw which was really great and tasty! Li'l cheery pie take away even!

Archived