IGNORED

visiting London

cichlisuite

Did a great walking pub crawl (local boozers not tourist hubs) last year from Tufnell Park, into Kentish Town, then into the outskirts of Camden, then a short tube hop and finished at a few boozers in Hampstead Heath. Brilliant day out.

Booze! Booze! Booze! I love it lol.

Bumping this since my wife and I am now visiting London for the first time in early April for a wedding. Wondering if anyone has any updated recommendations for record shops, stuff to see and food/drink. So far I've found that there's the I Love Acid 10 year party with Ceephax, and we maybe found a hotel. Anything especially cool happening April 5-10?

I like Phonica Records in Soho. Some here complain it's too hip, but they have a nice selection of vinyls and CDs. There's a good sushi place next door as well.

I like Phonica Records in Soho. Some here complain it's too hip, but they have a nice selection of vinyls and CDs. There's a good sushi place next door as well.

That's near a few spots on my map.  Noted!

Phonica is ok, but jesus fucking christ don't come all the way to London to go to yo! sushi.  This is a half decent list, I can come up with specific recommendations if there is something in particular you're after:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emmacooke24/eat-off-the-beaten-track?utm_term=.bbNJQZAVQv#.wpRP3ewb3M

Phonica is ok, but jesus fucking christ don't come all the way to London to go to yo! sushi.  This is a half decent list, I can come up with specific recommendations if there is something in particular you're after:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emmacooke24/eat-off-the-beaten-track?utm_term=.bbNJQZAVQv#.wpRP3ewb3M

Yeah this looks really good.  I'm gonna drill down from here.  I'm apparently supposed to try Indian food as well.  If you've got a favorite(that isn't on that list), I'd love to hear it.

Shame about the sushi place.  We have some good ones in SF at least.  

If you want decent and decently priced sushi that's near all those record shops in soho go to Kulu Kulu. There's one in Soho though I prefer the Covent Garden one, which is still 5-10min walk away.

If you want really fucking GOOD sushi go to Bar Atari-Ya in Ealing Common or Sushi Say in Willesden Green. They both may be a little out of your way though.

Coincidently, where Yo! Sushi was there's now some large Indian street food cafe type place iirc, which looks interesting.

Same, I don't really miss it either. Last time I was back I went to one of the hip new places around elephant and castle and paid 7 quid for a bit of burnt dough with garlic on top, ate it on a wooden park bench in a metal warehouse. You can tell I am the wrong side of 30.

Coincidently, where Yo! Sushi was there's now some large Indian street food cafe type place iirc, which looks interesting.

Dishoom? on Carnaby st? Not been to that one, but the one in Shoreditch was really good.

Dishoom? on Carnaby st? Not been to that one, but the one in Shoreditch was really good.

My bad. Walked past again yesterday, it's a lebanese place.

comptoir-libanais.jpg

Comptoir-Libanais-to-expand-with-six-new

Have you ever been for breakfast at dishoom? Its great

Has anyone been in the London Dungeon since they moved it down by the Eye? Wanted to see the Amsterdam Dungeon also, but ran out of time and enthusiasm, maybe this year.

Also, Udderbelly is a great place to chill and drink down by the river as well. Look for the giant inflatable upside down purple cow that resembles Battersea Power Station, lol

http://www.udderbelly.co.uk

I'm going to London this Thu-Sat, got any more recommendations? Here's what I like:

* Book shops

* Record stores

* Art galleries/exhibitions

* 'Odd' shops where they sell 'odd' things

* Flea markets