IGNORED

Foster the People Cite Aphex Twin as Influence

KyonPalm

Listen to the subtle background synth work in Pumped Up Kicks, Houdini, or Warrant from their debut album, Torches. FtP is one of the few current "pop" bands getting it right, like MGMT were before they went crap and lost their mojo. Evidence of this is how they are no longer played on the radio - I notice the better "top 40" songs these days get little airplay.

Mainstream music these days is getting harder to find gems - so many lumps of coal to sift through...

Agreed. I'm a big fan of MGMT, too. Curious, when do you think they lost their mojo? I love Congratulations.

Listen to the subtle background synth work in Pumped Up Kicks, Houdini, or Warrant from their debut album, Torches. FtP is one of the few current "pop" bands getting it right, like MGMT were before they went crap and lost their mojo. Evidence of this is how they are no longer played on the radio - I notice the better "top 40" songs these days get little airplay.

Mainstream music these days is getting harder to find gems - so many lumps of coal to sift through...

Agreed. I'm a big fan of MGMT, too. Curious, when do you think they lost their mojo? I love Congratulations.

I just didn't find any of the songs on Congratulations to have the same infectious hooks that Oracular Spectacular had... honestly I haven't listened to it since it came out - perhaps another spin will change my mind...

a band nobody will remember in six months being influenced by aphex. lol.

That remains to be seen - and that has nothing to do with being influenced by Aphex or not...

a band nobody will remember in six months being influenced by aphex. lol.

Nothing lasts forever, not even the light.

You cant know that.

But ye, Ive never heard of this band. The look like a well dressed coldplay, but their music is probably worse.

ev3p7b.jpg

Why do people (aka skrillex and bassnectar ) like nannu?? its not that good (there are better examples of afx's greatness). They think liking that song will make them an AFX troofan.

I just didn't find any of the songs on Congratulations to have the same infectious hooks that Oracular Spectacular had... honestly I haven't listened to it since it came out - perhaps another spin will change my mind...

Well, do get back to me once you hear it again. I think it took me a couple plays to appreciate it, myself.

Siberian Breaks is a real masterpiece.

ev3p7b.jpg

Why do people (aka skrillex and bassnectar ) like nannu?? its not that good (there are better examples of afx's greatness). They think liking that song will make them an AFX troofan.

Yeah, people either post those tracks or links to Come To Daddy or Windowlicker. Or they post "kickass violin solo" :emotawesomepm9: I remember Beardyman drunkenly raving about about how awesome Aphex Twin was on twitter/FB, can't recall what tracks but I'm pretty sure he didn't post a deep cut from SAW II or an Analord release.

Archived