Best Goals 2012

jhonny

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't see it live, but shouldn't Joe Hart be a bit embarrassed? It looked to be in slow motion.

Naw Sky had a good replay from behind the goal - almost exactly what Hart would have seen - and that was a cracking shot. Came in like a rocket.

Guest Gary C

Yeah, goal of the season.

I haven't watched the full clip but supposedly the ball is kicked out by the keeper. Pennant cushions a header down to Crouch, who was tall enough to control it with the inside of his foot and then wrap himself around to shoot from 29 metres. It didn't touch the ground after being kicked from Begovic and ending up behind Hart.

I haven't watched the full clip but supposedly the ball is kicked out by the keeper. Pennant cushions a header down to Crouch, who was tall enough to control it with the inside of his foot and then wrap himself around to shoot from 29 metres. It didn't touch the ground after being kicked from Begovic and ending up behind Hart.

can confirm that is true as i sat through the match.

Yeah the Crouch goal is exactly that. Fantastic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mirezzi

I'm showing pathetic bias, but I agree. Still, there's something so poetic about the importance of the Crouch goal. That isn't to say Ben Arfa's goal didn't come at a critical time because it did...

I'd go so far as to say there aren't two more in-form footballers in the world (outside of Messi) than Papiss Cisse and Ben Arfa.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

Crouch's should still win it. It was an amazing movement from goalkeeper to goalkeeper, didn't touch the ground for the length of the pitch.

But if there was a trophy for second place; Cisse would have two of them.

Archived