IGNORED

What are your creative goals for 2024?

c0nsilience

Just now, ignatius said:

do all of that at the same time or end to end. why not. 

exactly! hihats @11/8, kick@ 7/8, snare @14/8... infinite combos, honestly I've always thought about doing it but like the list I've posted I probably never end up doing it...

12 hours ago, usagi said:

more cooming, hopefully in a woman.

If you sit on your hand long enough, it will go numb, and then if you try to masturbate with that hand, it will almost feel like someone else is doing it. It's not the same as ejaculating in another person, but it's a good start! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, xox said:

If you sit on your hand long enough, it will go numb, and then if you try to masturbate with that hand, it will almost feel like someone else is doing it. It's not the same as ejaculating in another person, but it's a good start! 

commonly known as "the stranger" 

• Thanks 1

• Getting better at playing keyboard/piano
  • Buying a guitar and start playing again after 20+ years
  • Setting up recording/studio/daw again after 10+ years
  • Figuring out the new Ableton version
  • Finally record some ideas I have in my head
  • Like 2

To start making music again, and maybe draw some doodles. If I finish one track this year that's a 300% improvement over the previous few years. Waste less time being perpetually online, stop watching mediocre films and series. 

Cut down on my edits. Finish typing/thinking before posting, not 6 minutes after the post has been made. 

But yeah, making tunes for fun, not forcing myself because it was something I used to enjoy.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 6

Waste less time online (or, utilizing my online time ONLY to post cringe); Spend more time reading books, learn new synth I've been saving up for and recently acquired (by recording demos of it); Become better at cooking (ordering takeout food less); Gain access to art hoe dimension; Get different/better job; Continue cultivating current friendships; Smoke less cigarettes (more a health goal than a creative goal)

• Like 6

9 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:
  • smoke the weed that my sister is growing in my house back in portugal
  • getting laid

:crazy:🪕

9 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

exactly! hihats @11/8, kick@ 7/8, snare @14/8... infinite combos, honestly I've always thought about doing it but like the list I've posted I probably never end up doing it...

I guess it's about enforcing constraints, and playing instruments as opposed to programming - I'm no drummer so writing in this kind of way I find a little frustrating. But tapping out a rhythm in sixes instead of typically fours is unintuitive enough to make me think differently and change what kind of bass lines and melodies to create.

I obviously love listening to all the clattercore and awkward riddims of the braindance artists, but most things I listen to are much less rhythmically complex. Writing music in that way isn't as cathartic to me, and I don't have a good enough sense of how to combine time signatures without making a hot mess. 

Although I've got a rhythm trainer app on my phone that might help

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

Masturbate my penis more. Get increased better at electronics for additional machine making and finally finish the final version of my simple sheet metal brake for enclosures. Also more woodworking, printing and cooking. Plus reading. But first masturbate penis! And get back to daily meditation.

Edited by user
  • Like 1

First meditation session is done. Benis lies as of yet unmasturbated, need to reprioritize.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting responses! 😉

Here are some of mine:

• Help a good friend in Germany put out his fourth synth, likely in February.
  • Be grateful that I'm alive every day that I am and make the most of it.
  • Work on transitioning from a multi-instrumental background to more ITB musical arrangements.
  • Extend kindness and compassion at every available opportunity.
  • Oh, and maybe get a bit more involved in the WATMM community. 🙂
Edited by c0nsilience
  • Like 2

Have finally arrived at a point where I can make my projects sound cohesive with one another, meaning I finally got enough knowledge to end up in the ballpark of what I want to do in terms of the feel a tune has.. so with that being said, Iḿ finally off to creating and hopefully putting out a release haha 

• Like 1