IGNORED

What are your creative goals for 2024?

c0nsilience

i'm going to seek out Black Philip and try to live deliciously. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i'm going to seek out Black Philip and try to live deliciously. 

**eats butter, wears dresses, has only expensive synths**

• Farnsworth 1

Just now, Wunderbar said:

I want to invent the opposite of a lamp. I just want to suck all the light out of my room when i go to bed.

how do i invest?

19 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

I want to invent the opposite of a lamp. So i cano suck all the light out of my room when i go to bed.

Someone already won a nobel prize for it

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2023 at 7:16 PM, user said:

Masturbate my penis more. Get increased better at electronics for additional machine making and finally finish the final version of my simple sheet metal brake for enclosures. Also more woodworking, printing and cooking. Plus reading. But first masturbate penis! And get back to daily meditation.

Sorry for self plagiarising. Just a quick update:

sheet metal brake is finished and in use 

cooking is going ok but want to challenge myself more, by trying more new recipes  

woodworking also ok, finished a super simple eurorack case, it’s straight and usable, additionally improved/upgraded several diy bits of furniture and such. Osmo wax is the shit. Got several other small projects in the pipeline. 

Managed 25 meditation sessions, missed some days but ok. 

penis very much maturbated. 

how’s everyone else doing? 

Play some more live shows (broke my cherry in December)

Get some more stuff out on some more known and diverse labels (have started that process already)

edit: oh yeah and start and finish a zine I've had in my mind for years (I've bought it up with a label that's already released one thing of mine so now I've actually kinda sorta committed)

Edited by hello spiral
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, user said:

Managed 25 meditation sessions, missed some days but ok. 

any noticeable effects? less worrying about everything?

7 hours ago, user said:

penis very much maturbated. 

you spelled it wrong

haha I was reading on npr that this is a thing - https://nofap.com

10 hours ago, zero said:

any noticeable effects? less worrying about everything?

you spelled it wrong

haha I was reading on npr that this is a thing - https://nofap.com

Sorry, phonepost. Benis very much maturbated. 

The effects from meditating  are certainly noticeable. I wouldn’t necessarily say I worry less about things but the worrying is less overwhelming and I find it easier to deal with. And generally slightly easier to take a step back and not try to instantly react to anything. For example; colleague was explaining something I found difficult to understand. Usually I would feel slight panic and try really hard to understand but I allowed myself to relax and listen and tell her that I wasn’t sure I understood but was trying. 1 minute later the coin dropped and we were zooming through our joint task.
This is cherry picking ofc and the effects of meditation are subtle but I would recommend anyone to give it a go. Noice. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

my wife sent me this video. It is a bit “well duh” but also a good reminder of how we can all get stuck in our heads… and should feel ok to not give fucks sometimes. I should maybe read the RR book. 

• Like 4

On 3/15/2024 at 7:18 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

my wife sent me this video. It is a bit “well duh” but also a good reminder of how we can all get stuck in our heads… and should feel ok to not give fucks sometimes. I should maybe read the RR book. 

as I wrote in the book topic I really like the rick rubin book. it really well points to the very core issues why we sometimes struggle to create new art and defines it really well what we are actually doing when creating art and why. 

for me my creative goals are to get a new MacBook and to streamline my studio so I need under 30 seconds to boot it up so to say and have it ready to create a new track. currently due to the old MacBook it takes much too long to get to the point where I really create a new track. if I can get it unter 10 seconds that would be perfect as I don't want to do "computer work" every time I want to start a new track. the analog rytm has to be ready. the keyboard has to be ready and all mapping has to be ready before. I need a track template I can work into right away. no wasting time with setting up filter chains or configuring in / out channels. all of that stops me from creating. 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 3

On 3/16/2024 at 1:18 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Im sure the book is all good and can guide many for more inspirations! 
Problem with this tho is that u can get stuck in a Self-Helping-Training-Guide-Loop and all it gets is your to-do-list getting bigger!

I bought a super good book for Ableton Live but the only way I have learned the DAW is just using it and google the stuff I don't understand. 
I guess it was little bit of waisting money for that in my case.