IGNORED

Die Antwoord

Lucas

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so jazz, Adieu, but so right

I know I already posted it somewhere else in these forums when I had a big ol' Yolandi boner as well.

praised by hipsters, festival heads and lovers of what ever is IN, you can have die antwoord, they do nothing for me, NOTHING.

I just think they are fun as hell. They don't take themselves to seriously. You can tell they are always taking the piss out of everyone and some of their music is rather catchy. Yolandi is super hot and Ninja is hilarious. What's not to like? We aren't comparing them to the Beatles or something like that. I also thought the story behind Evil Boy was really interesting. If you haven't read about it you then you should. It is very conceptual to me. They can deny it all they want, but everything they do seems calculated. They occupy their own little space in the musical spectrum.

praised by hipsters, festival heads and lovers of what ever is IN, you can have die antwoord, they do nothing for me, NOTHING.

I just think they are fun as hell. They don't take themselves to seriously. You can tell they are always taking the piss out of everyone and some of their music is rather catchy. Yolandi is super hot and Ninja is hilarious. What's not to like? We aren't comparing them to the Beatles or something like that. I also thought the story behind Evil Boy was really interesting. If you haven't read about it you then you should. It is very conceptual to me. They can deny it all they want, but everything they do seems calculated. They occupy their own little space in the musical spectrum.

Hits The Nail On The Head. Well said that man.

I think Cuntainer is worrying far too much who likes them, which in turn ironicly makes him a hipster, you either like the music or you don't, it has fuck all to do with which groups of people listen to them.

I mean if I was bothered about which type of person I'd be associated with, one of the last places on earth I'd ever be seen would be on an IDM forum, here on watmm :biggrin:

i don't really find her hot in her current incarnation, but man she was a super cutie during their "corporate" phase.

im slowly warming up to them these days, but certainly not in a "man i want to listen to some good music" way. More like a "I need a laugh" way.

I just think they are fun as hell. They don't take themselves to seriously. You can tell they are always taking the piss out of everyone and some of their music is rather catchy. Yolandi is super hot and Ninja is hilarious. What's not to like?

i cannot speak for the other individual, but this is the very thing i don't like about them. i don't think they're funny. i get that they're making fun and just having a laugh, but what they're doing is crap as all hell (at least from what i hear). i don't mind looking at yolandi vi$$er though

How many of you would still be listening to this if Yolandi was a boy?

I came for the rave/trance synths (actually what really pulled me in was Ninja's section in I Fink U Freeky), I stay for Yolandi.

How many of you would still be listening to this if Yolandi was a boy?

Well that argument doesn't really make sense does it? It's part of it. That works with any other act/band/ or group if you take something off the picture.

The funny thing is people are already ripping them off. I saw some cock thrusting in loose clothing in a music video not too long ago. I can't remember who it was though, but as far as I know that was Ninja's thing.

I really like these guys. I don't listen to much hip hop, but I find pretty much everything about these guys appealing. They're really entertaining, show a lot of talent in their live shows, are pretty funny, and a lot of the music is really catchy. They're unique.

Unique is definitely the word to describe them. I didn't know what to make of them, I still don't, but that's their whole point I guess. Fact is: I like them and what they do.

They keep pulling one weird-ass totally creative move after the other and especially their latest videos are incredibly well produced and stylish. Yolandi, although not the type of woman I'd normally fancy even the slightest bit, is oddly attractive, probably mostly due to the fact that I can't quite figure out what their "plan" is. They're either both highly intelligent and have a great grasp of how to fuck with an audience and keep them busy trying to figure out what they're watching, or they just profit from their unusual background and are just messing about. South African culture is pretty different to most of ours, I reckon. Such a weird mix of European/African habits, like their language. Good conditions for something ultra-weird like Die Antwoord.

Archived