IGNORED

New Squarepusher Video For Dark Steering off Ufabulum

Joyrex

hm I don't get that video - the LED visuals & camera work are nice, but waht is pusherman doing there? like pretending to play the track live or something? or is he trapped inside the mask, trying to shake it off?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

Tremendously bad.

Sounds like he stole the synth line from Enjoy The Silence half way through, then he seems to be playing Ridge Racer behind his mask and some diabolically lifeless drum & bass kicks in

I might have listened to this track so many times that I might skip it once I hear it on the album. I hope the rest of the tracks are as good as this one. Sorry to everyone who don't like it. Sucks to be you.

Guest Intelligent dodgem music

that synthonfenix guy in the comments is some serious troll and sounds like he got banned from here. if not, he should be.

even though I don't really dig this track (actually I am not a real Squarepusher fan, even though I respect him a lot) I would really like to see him having success in the EDM scene (e.g. dead mau five fans) while still pushing his own fucking sound.

Couldn't listen to it all the way through. I seriously don't know what goes through Tom Jenkinson's head these days.

Maybe wearing a stupid hat with flashing lights on it has induced some kind of bad music seizure.

Couldn't listen to it all the way through. I seriously don't know what goes through Tom Jenkinson's head these days.

Maybe wearing a stupid hat with flashing lights on it has induced some kind of bad music seizure.

What didn't you like about it?

Tremendously bad.

Sounds like he stole the synth line from Enjoy The Silence half way through, then he seems to be playing Ridge Racer behind his mask and some diabolically lifeless drum & bass kicks in

lol

By far the best thing Tom has done in years. Totally blown away. Love how he uses similar acid squelches from one of my all time favorite tracks "Dreaded Pestilence".

I wonder if Skrillex makes Tom powder his nuts before he teabags him???

Guest cult fiction

By far the best thing Tom has done in years. Totally blown away. Love how he uses similar acid squelches from one of my all time favorite tracks "Dreaded Pestilence".

I wonder if Skrillex makes Tom powder his nuts before he teabags him???

Hi Tom.

This track has grown on me over a few listens...finally loving it after hearing the melody trying to burst forth again in the second half of the song like a baby flying out of its mothers womb bathed in slime just like the haters in this thread

:trashbear:

Guest CraniumXII

Wow... some serious criticism. I think the "lifeless" drum n' bass evolves well enough, once the squares start being pushed. His bass is the driving force at the end of the track anyway...

The MP3 I received for my pre-order sounded very rich n' full.

I don't understand how people can't finish listening to a piece of music. Some serious ADD, there. You should at least be able to appreciate the production quality :/

Sucks to be you.

i would argue it sucks more to have bad taste, but hey that's just me

Tom has fucking control over every single thing in that piece. It's almost like classical music.

i now believe that the human ear is capable of translating data to one human that other humans are completely not perceiving, like a physical difference in sound wave processing.

I don't understand how people can't finish listening to a piece of music. Some serious ADD, there. You should at least be able to appreciate the production quality :/

I think the production gets worse with every LP he puts out but that's beside the point, it's what he's doing musically that I don't like. I don't want to bash him any more really, because he's, you know, a genius and a pioneer, but I really haven't enjoyed his last 3 or 4 albums (my favourite being his first) and this track doesn't give me much hope for the next. It's silly and cheesy. I wish he'd get back on track with his music.

I think the production gets worse with every LP he puts out but that's beside the point, it's what he's doing musically that I don't like. I don't want to bash him any more really, because he's, you know, a genius and a pioneer, but I really haven't enjoyed his last 3 or 4 albums (my favourite being his first) and this track doesn't give me much hope for the next. It's silly and cheesy. I wish he'd get back on track with his music.

There was so much silly and cheesy stuff on his first album.

I don't know how you can not expect some degree of intentionally silly and cheesy from the Jenkinson Bros.

Guest CraniumXII

Fair enough... I think the production has improved, based on this latest track. But more unto your main criticism... I do feel like this album is a fusion of his past 4 albums... as if he's fused all the elements that he liked most, and streamlined them. In that regard, I understand your perspective... If you haven't liked anything since Ultravisitor, I could see how you wouldn't like certain elements of this album.

With that said, Baph is right in saying you HAVE to expect cheese from the Jenkinsons. They are nerdy, bedroom producers. It's partly why I personally love them. They aren't afraid to show off these aspects of their being. "Energy Wizard" is cheesy as fock, right down to the name, but it's a great track.

Guest CraniumXII

Fairly fun discussion going on, in the youtube link for Dark Steering. Just guessing at his production techniques on the track.

Just a heads up, if anyone cares to join the discussion :wink:

Oh hell yes. just got back from Costa Rica to find this in my inbox, having been without internet for 8+ days. really really pumped now. Soooo much better than the rip

Archived