IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

I have to say, even though I'm not a big fan of egg in burgers (or fried egg in general), that would probably be pretty damn amazing.

I'm a big fan of egg in burgers (and fried egg in general), it is pretty damn amazing.

but you're biased, Eggs.

whoa

Guest uptown devil

hell yes to fried eggs on/in burgers. I went to the cherry cricket tonight in Denver and got a half pound burger topped with white cheddar and a fried egg smothered in green chile. fucking fuck was it good.

eaten just 5 mon ago. I might die in the next 5

Photo%20May%2018%2C%206%2027%2027%20PM.jpg

that looks greasy as fuck and I want it inside me

and probably would not be disgusting with salsa, actually

Edited by baph

mine is at least (mine looks better too)

and five guys is in no way AMAZING. It does the deed however. But now i'm supposed to go get drunk but christ do i just want to sleeeeeep

Not my picture, but:

Uchz1196w.jpg

(it's from Uburger, if anyone knows what that is)

I feel bad for those of you who don't have burgers on the regular, they're delicious!

Edited by GenghisPwn

Not my picture, but:

Uchz1196w.jpg

(it's from Uburger, if anyone knows what that is)

I feel bad for those of you who don't have burgers on the regular, they're delicious!

I try and have a healthy, rounded meal that includes bush-burger at least once a night.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Miss Lopez just cries like a bitch about shit, don't worry, it doesn't matter.

how dare you speak ill of five guys dr lopez.

baph, go today.

I'd go to Five Guys if there were one near me, and The Counter wasn't near me. I'm pretty sure The Counter is better. Because The Counter is amazing.

If Five Guys is one of those mandatory well-done meat places, I probably won't love it, even if the burger is otherwise pretteh pretteh pretteh pretteh good.

Edited by baph

Before I get shit for that, like the last time I mentioned how well-done beef is a fucking travesty, let me just say that I'll only only order a burger med or med-rare from a place with a good reputation that grounds its own meat and/or uses very high quality meat and has the confidence to offer, above-board, med-rare burgers without worrying about lawsuits.

Which generally means a bit pricier of a joint. But a place that can get this right, and safe, for a reasonable price (say, under $12) like the Counter is pretty much always going to win for me over a decent well-done burger at a similar sit-down, non-fast restaurant. Well done beef, even if it's cooked with care and is still a little juicy, is just not nearly as tasty. Sorry. And if the place mandates that the meat is well-done, you're not getting high quality, carefully prepared beef, and yeah, you probably should be terrified of getting something "undercooked" at a place like that.

I can still enjoy a med-well or well burger, but it just ain't the same if I have the option for the really good stuff nearby.

Edited by baph

I don't have pics, sadly, but I grilled out on the patio the other night.

I didn't have some of my regular seasonings (worschterchire and fresh rosemary) so I had to improvise and it turned out awesome. I did them again the next day for lunch.

Here was my on-the-fly recipe for 2 bugers...

Charcoal grill (if possible)

1/2 lb of semi-fatty ground beef

Diced onions

1-2 cloves of garlic

Half teaspoon of liquid smoke

1 tablespoon of Bajan Habanero Pepper Sauce

1-2 teaspoons of dried Thyme

Splash of red wine

Mix that shit in a bowl and grill til med-rare.

Serve on a toasted BAGEL with Sharp Cheddar, Avocado, ketchup and mayo.

Not bad.

You dont want to overdo the liquid smoke. These turn subtlety smokey and pack a small kick.

that sounds great.

where did you get that pepper sauce? that sounds like something I would pour on fucking everything. am I going to have to make a pilgrimage to that hot sauce store at the Farmer's Market?

Before I get shit for that, like the last time I mentioned how well-done beef is a fucking travesty, let me just say that I'll only only order a burger med or med-rare from a place with a good reputation that grounds its own meat and/or uses very high quality meat and has the confidence to offer, above-board, med-rare burgers without worrying about lawsuits.

Which generally means a bit pricier of a joint. But a place that can get this right, and safe, for a reasonable price (say, under $12) like the Counter is pretty much always going to win for me over a decent well-done burger at a similar sit-down, non-fast restaurant. Well done beef, even if it's cooked with care and is still a little juicy, is just not nearly as tasty. Sorry. And if the place mandates that the meat is well-done, you're not getting high quality, carefully prepared beef, and yeah, you probably should be terrified of getting something "undercooked" at a place like that.

I can still enjoy a med-well or well burger, but it just ain't the same if I have the option for the really good stuff nearby.

listen to this man!

that sounds great.

where did you get that pepper sauce? that sounds like something I would pour on fucking everything. am I going to have to make a pilgrimage to that hot sauce store at the Farmer's Market?

fuckin BINGO

this is the brand I have... highly recommended....

New-hot-pepper-sauce.png

The sauce is pretty thick and what is good is there is a fair amount of sweetness, but it doesn't take away from the spice too much.

You can really put this stuff on anything.

I think in the shop, everything is organized by region.

This stuff is from Barbados. I can't remember if Barbados has it's own section, or if it's in a larger carribean section.

Edited by jefferoo

Hey Jefferro (and others living in the L.A. area). have you been to Short Order just outside the Farmer's Market at The Grove? Pretty damned good, a bit pricey though! That was the last burger I had a little over a week ago.