IGNORED

The Haxan Cloak - The Men Parted The Sea To Devour The Water

Redruth

"The forthcoming Latitudes session. Following his critically acclaimed debut album on Aurora Borealis, the new Tri-Angle signee, The Haxan Cloak (AKA Bobby Krlic), has quite gracefully buried himself deep into the networks of unsettling electronic music. This Latitudes release is, in essence, Bobby live, but think of it as 'The Haxan Cloak 2.0'."

"This recording is about trying to re-interpret my own work, I think," says Krlic of his Latitudes session. "I never want to give a straight recreation of any of my recorded material when I play live - one reason is because it is too logistically difficult, but the main reason is that I just don't think it suits me as a performer; it makes me feel uncomfortable. I like to treat performance as a composition also - a different beast. So on this Latitudes session, and when I play live generally, I think of it as me remixing my own work essentially. If my recorded music so far exists within one sphere, I'd like to try and move the live element to a completely different sphere - I don't like the notion of being stuck in one place, or pigeon-holed, I guess."

[media=]

[/media]

http://shop.southern...r-the-water-cd/

http://www.discogs.c...axan Cloak, The

jeeeeeez……… that are some fine news. I love latitudes, my favourite is the Bohren & Der Club Of Gore and the Gang Gang Dance LP………………

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just received this on white vinyl. Wow. What beautiful artwork and sleeve. Vey nice indeed.

Yep, they put a lot of care into it. I recommended the Gang Gang Dance & Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore one btw. so far my favourites in the Latitudes serie.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this on white vinyl. Wow. What beautiful artwork and sleeve. Vey nice indeed.

Yep, they put a lot of care into it. I recommended the Gang Gang Dance & Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore one btw. so far my favourites in the Latitudes serie.

Been away for a while, but thanks for the info. I have a 20% discount voucher to use so may take up your recommendations.

Been away for a while, but thanks for the info. I have a 20% discount voucher to use so may take up your recommendations.

Well maybe a important info: the Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore one has the SAME title on both sides of the vinyl. Nevertheless a beauty, but you should know that before ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

would be nice to have this on digital or spotify so I can listen while on the move

been twated on cider many times and been close to buying the cd version, but at the discogs asking price I'd have to be dive-bombing faster than a peregrine falcon on a speedball of heroin and cocaine, and if I was dive-bombing like that I'd be a million miles away from thinking of going on discogs to buy a cd

Archived