IGNORED

Ceephax - Cro Magnox

Lucas

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

The thing that often ruins a lot of his music for me is the comedy aspect that he injects into his tracks. They work if you're in the mood but I don't always want to smile when I listen to music. I prefer it when he doesn't joke around with his music and tries to be more serious. I would really like to see him do an album of these moodier synth tracks - something in the same style as John Carpenter perhaps. Cop 76 was very Assault On Precinct 13 (but even here Andy had to add a silly ending).

this post is a pretty good description of the album cro magnox turned out to be :)

The thing that often ruins a lot of his music for me is the comedy aspect that he injects into his tracks. They work if you're in the mood but I don't always want to smile when I listen to music. I prefer it when he doesn't joke around with his music and tries to be more serious. I would really like to see him do an album of these moodier synth tracks - something in the same style as John Carpenter perhaps. Cop 76 was very Assault On Precinct 13 (but even here Andy had to add a silly ending).

yeah this was exactly cro magnox but i completely disagree with you HAHA

Guest bitroast

woops, didn't realise this was in the new releases thread, thought i was bumping thread in ceephax subforum.

reason for bump.. i came this <..> close to putting on syro again today but needed a wee break i think. put on (and in this order) cro magnox > mediterranean acid / capsule in space > world dissolver. it has been fucking excellent. ceephaxs output has been nothing but genius recently.

it's like united acid emirates was the album where he firmly knocked up his production know how, and with that he produced what was almost the quintessential 'ceephax' album, complete with jumper photographs all over the artwork and label stickers. being able to follow that up with cro magnox, the album (for me at least) had him step out of his normal acid banging comfort zone just enough to establish him as a serious artist.

not to diminish his earlier work like exidy tours and the stuff as ceephax acid crew, etc. but to me that always had more fun and energy and charm to it where as his later work sounds really established and professional to me :)

Archived