IGNORED

Ceephax - Cro Magnox

Lucas

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

is there anyone else getting distortion on the last track?

forest zone 303? and its the best track )-;

on the red lp that is?

not get any distortion. but the red lps do seem pretty prone to skipping. maybe i just need to keep playing them, wear them in?:|

Before I start I must preface that I love the album .... but I think there's something a little off with the pacing that probably lessens my feelings towards it. More specifically it seems to have quite the same energy level throughout with no little change from the peaks and troughs, and it sorts of just fizzles out at the end with the slow paced Forest Zone 303 follwed by two minutiaes (is that the word?), rather than ending on a big bang (probably why I prefer UAE with it having the epic climax of Arcadian (Castilian II) followed by the 'end credit' esque Royal Lounge)

yeah I can relate to that (although I think Forest Zone 303 is one of my favorite of the release, despite it's very simple and not so "unheard"). The tracklisting is somehow lacking of relief between those atmospheric pieces and more banger ones. I'm still liking the album very much and appreciate the fact he came with a more relaxed release this time, which bring something new after the happy acid party stuff of the releases post United Acid Emirates.

Still.... this track from the Hungarian gig...

PS : Natural Spectrum forever

I finally downloaded the album from Bandcamp this morning.

I looked at the file then it was done... I had downloaded it at 9:09 am.

:emotawesomepm9:

Edit

I gotta say. After a couple listenings, I feel like is not as strong as I expected it would be.

There are some definite standout tracks (one being Forest Zone 303), but the whole album has a bit of a tired vibe. I guess I'm so used to a more energetic or spastic vibe (which I really dig).

I'm not saying I don't dig the mellow side of ceephax. I do! Some of my very favorite tracks of his are slow and melodic, without drums (Ravenscar, LWTraveler, Plusion, Diving Bell, Nordic House, Homecoming, Trabzonspor, etc).

Maybe it just needs a few more spins.

It's REALLY GOOD though!!!! Don't get me wrong. I still enjoy the shit out of it.

I think seeing SUCH a warm response from so many of you guys (seemingly for the first time after a full-length Ceephax release) made me think it would put UAE down a notch.

It's probably my fault for reading too much about it before hearing it.

This is why I never read movie reviews.

:facepalm:

Edit 2

@ Rocky Path

I do not mind that at all.

I love this track and wouldn't change a thing. So. Fucking. Tough.

[media]http://youtu.be/nTCmSVNaJNo[/media]

Got it (in CA)! Also came w/ a promo sticker for some EP by Steve (whoever that is) which has a MNLTH remix as well. I'll be getting that.

Steve - (You Need) To Believe EP, I presume. WEME 027.

Got it (in CA)! Also came w/ a promo sticker for some EP by Steve (whoever that is) which has a MNLTH remix as well. I'll be getting that.

Red Vinylz?

It's a totally different album to UAE, but I think it complements that album rather well. The calm after the acid-rain storm. He's also released it under his Ceephax monicker, so it's not like he is trying to advertise it falsely.

I guess the pacing of the album is lower than most of his previous work, but for me it's a nice change. Hope he continues to make fun tunes too.

Red Vinylz?

Indeedz!

Guys,

I'm having a lot of problems with my red vinyl, is anyone else?

There are 3 locked grooves on the album, one on side 1 of the first vinyl, once on side 1 of the 2nd vinyl, and once on side 2 of the 3rd vinyl.

Additionally, there is a large amount of surface noise on track 2 of side a.... I have put on other vinyls to test and they play just great, so it's not a pre-amp/turntable/amp etc problem.

Is there a possibility mine is defective or wtf?!

It's strange this semi-new phenomenon of buying an album and illegally downloading it also.

Got the red triple LP, then realised I'd want it on my ipod too.

Thought for a minute about ripping it from the vinyl and then went "fuck that" and looked for it online...

Great LP though.

i definitely think that in this day and age, any online record label that sells physical media, should give download links to flacs/mp3s/etc right after purchase. especially if its something like vinyl which is typically more expensive than cds, and which people might not want to play too often. to me it's kind of inexcusable to not do it.

also i just wanna say again, i really love this album. it's one of the best.

Guys,

There are 3 locked grooves on the album, one on side 1 of the first vinyl, once on side 1 of the 2nd vinyl, and once on side 2 of the 3rd vinyl.

Additionally, there is a large amount of surface noise on track 2 of side a.... I have put on other vinyls to test and they play just great, so it's not a pre-amp/turntable/amp etc problem.

Sorry man can't say for sure because my old JVC micro system stereo is fritzing out. Need a new one. Wouldn't know what noise was from the stereo and what was from the vinyl, but I'm pretty sure anything is from the stereo.

Guys,

Sounds like yours may be defective, my copy has no lock grooves what so ever and A2 sounds just fine.

I checked and the anti-skate weight is setup according to the manufacturers instructions but maybe it needs adjusting. The stylus is brand new (ortofon 2m blue) so should be ok.

I just checked sides A and C and F and they're still messing up. =(

Archived