IGNORED

Ceephax - Cro Magnox

Lucas

Hey,

It's already more than one month old now but here are the two latest inputs from Ceephax's website :

16/05/2012

Hello there, how yer doing? You can't answer that can you? Well I hope it's well.
I just put up my Ceeland album released on Waltzer on Bandcamp for sale in wav/flac/mp3
format at a most reasonable price of £2. It also includes original recordings from one of the
Ceeland cassettes in order to give the listener that true tape sound (with bonus hiss).
In other news, I just cut a record for Waltzer, which I will release as soon as it's all pressed and finished! Should be a good one. Bye for now!

8/05/2012

YO
mostly finished working on the album now, just got to do things like artwork/videos etc.
In the meantime here's a little video I made.

[media=]

[/media]

I wonder what's the next move for his music ! Exciting news anyway

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest texan whip

The thing that often ruins a lot of his music for me is the comedy aspect that he injects into his tracks. They work if you're in the mood but I don't always want to smile when I listen to music. I prefer it when he doesn't joke around with his music and tries to be more serious. I would really like to see him do an album of these moodier synth tracks - something in the same style as John Carpenter perhaps. Cop 76 was very Assault On Precinct 13 (but even here Andy had to add a silly ending).

The thing that often ruins a lot of his music for me is the comedy aspect that he injects into his tracks. They work if you're in the mood but I don't always want to smile when I listen to music. I prefer it when he doesn't joke around with his music and tries to be more serious. I would really like to see him do an album of these moodier synth tracks - something in the same style as John Carpenter perhaps. Cop 76 was very Assault On Precinct 13 (but even here Andy had to add a silly ending).

i think the opposite. i don't like his new "serious" tracks, i think he's a true master at making funny music.

http://soundcloud.com/ceephax/christmas-failures

i think the opposite. i don't like his new "serious" tracks, i think he's a true master at making funny music.

I like it all. The dude is multi talented and his often lighthearted approach is absolutely charming.

Guest texan whip

I like it all. The dude is multi talented and his often lighthearted approach is absolutely charming.

I wasn't trying to discredit Andy btw - I actually own quite a few of his records going back to the Ceephax Acid Crew album on Breakin. He is an amazing musician especially with the 303. I just think that most of what he does is quite humerous and immature. Consequently I can only really find the time to listen to it when I'm alone or in the mood for a laugh. It's music not to be taken too seriously. It's just frustrating that the 10% of stuff he does that is more serious and solemn in tone is equally good but often overlooked by the silly tunes. I actually compiled together his darker music on to a single CD some years ago and it worked really well - almost SAW II in style. I'm just curious to hear what his music would sound like if he stepped down from the stand up comedy routine he's being doing since he started.

But hey-oh if that's what he enjoys doing and he's giving his fans what they want then who am I to say otherwise?!

I'm just curious to hear what his music would sound like if he stepped down from the stand up comedy routine he's being doing since he started.

how about the opposite, what would his music sound like if he tried to make tracks even sillier and funnier than usual? what would that sound like?

Guest bitroast

facebook post;

YO! Exciting times coming up. 2 new fun-packed Ceephax videos nearly finished to promote a record that will be released within about a month...

• 2 weeks later...
17/07/2012

NEW RELEASE/VIDEO NEWS

Hi I'm doing a 2 track 7" on Waltzer, side B is Mediterranean Acid, here is the video I made. It's pretty summery. Side A will be revealed in a few days.

'Hope an album is coming as well

Archived