IGNORED

Ceephax - Cro Magnox

Lucas

I may wait to see if they get this at amoeba.

It won't be red vinyl however, and I personally can't recall offhand, any WeMe releases ever showing up there. This is the LA store I'm talking about.

Dude. Way to be a wet blanket.

And yes. It's the LA store. I live about 10 blocks away.

I'm at amoeba and just found an LP copy!!!

Anyone have any idea if this (weme025) is red vinyl or black vinyl?

Does anyone even have a black vinyl copy?

Discogs only lists it a "... Ltd, Red"

http://www.discogs.com/Ceephax-Cro-Magnox/release/4442035

It's only $24.98.

I think I should get it... even though I already bought the download :/

Edit

I bought it. It's black. I was really hoping I'd luck out and score a red one. Oh well.

were they only stocking one?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may wait to see if they get this at amoeba.

It won't be red vinyl however, and I personally can't recall offhand, any WeMe releases ever showing up there. This is the LA store I'm talking about.

Dude. Way to be a wet blanket.

And yes. It's the LA store. I live about 10 blocks away.

I'm at amoeba and just found an LP copy!!!

Anyone have any idea if this (weme025) is red vinyl or black vinyl?

Does anyone even have a black vinyl copy?

Discogs only lists it a "... Ltd, Red"

http://www.discogs.com/Ceephax-Cro-Magnox/release/4442035

It's only $24.98.

I think I should get it... even though I already bought the download :/

Edit

I bought it. It's black. I was really hoping I'd luck out and score a red one. Oh well.

Weme already told everybody that the only place to get the red one was in their store.

For future reference, the only place anyone is going to get Weme colored vinyl is the Weme online shop.

K someone explain to me why everyone thinks this is good. To me the charm of ceephax is quirky charming acid tracks, with noodling bass lines and over the top acid squelches. Drive time and the rephlex volumes were always good and filled with great tracks but never had great album cohesiveness and never seemed "mature."

To me UAE changed that, more complex productions, some nice more introspective tracks to complement the gonzo fun ones like the celebrity or Arcadian. But it still retained that childlike joy at making music, something I find so vital to music that, lets be honest, won't have the production chops of ae or Clark. The happy go lucky dance feel is only on one track here.

I feel disappointed. It's not strong enough to work as a powerful concept album, (or even an intense album like totems flare that makes listeners try to find a concept) but it also lacks the trademark dancey tracks that we all know and love.

Maybe mike p heard this and was like ehhhh not enough time to release it.

And I'm such a huge Andy fan. I really really am! Sad, maybe Ill like it soon!

K someone explain to me why everyone thinks this is good. To me the charm of ceephax is quirky charming acid tracks, with noodling bass lines and over the top acid squelches. Drive time and the rephlex volumes were always good and filled with great tracks but never had great album cohesiveness and never seemed "mature."

To me UAE changed that, more complex productions, some nice more introspective tracks to complement the gonzo fun ones like the celebrity or Arcadian. But it still retained that childlike joy at making music, something I find so vital to music that, lets be honest, won't have the production chops of ae or Clark. The happy go lucky dance feel is only on one track here.

I feel disappointed. It's not strong enough to work as a powerful concept album, (or even an intense album like totems flare that makes listeners try to find a concept) but it also lacks the trademark dancey tracks that we all know and love.

Maybe mike p heard this and was like ehhhh not enough time to release it.

And I'm such a huge Andy fan. I really really am! Sad, maybe Ill like it soon!

I personally find Ceephax's majority of releases 'better' live. What I mean by that is that his stuff definitely seems better in a room with loads of people having a good time, and while Andy does his thing on the mic every now and then.

Cro Magnox seems to be a bit more 'serious', and it just resonates with me a bit better.

not a good explanation, but it's all I have.

disclaimer: I'm not an expert

yeah whatever the case is I like this a lot better than United Acid Emirates. Glad to hear him moving away from his expected sound, im not a huge fan of 909 or 303 on every track anyways.

yeah whatever the case is I like this a lot better than United Acid Emirates. Glad to hear him moving away from his expected sound, im not a huge fan of 909 or 303 on every track anyways.

Well, he is one of very few electronic artists that performs his tracks live with the full array of hardware instruments he used to compose the tracks with.

It also gives him the ability to fully mix all instruments live.

That's pretty cool, imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, he is one of very few electronic artists that performs his tracks live with the full array of hardware instruments he used to compose the tracks with.

It also gives him the ability to fully mix all instruments live.

That's pretty cool, imo.

don't get me wrong, that aspect is awesome. I'm just not as much of a Roland enthusiast as he is. I can handle an 808 all day long (unless it's dirty south or trap or juke with 808 hi hat rapid fire abuse), 909s i can't handle at all and a 303 has to be handled delicately for me to really dig it. I'm very ocd when it comes to my synths and drum machines.

anyway i think this album is awesome. i think it's in the upper tier.

i'll pop in to express this feeling every once in a while as long as this thread keeps going.

i'll pop in to express this feeling every once in a while as long as this thread keeps going.

totally agree.

Guest dylanmcknd

All I have to say about the album so far, is that it COMPLETELY blows everything else that Andy has done out of the water.

Absolutely ace A+++++++++++ album.

totally agree.

Count me in, too.

totally agree.

Count me in, too.

count me in three. Fucking great album. =)

Andy has so much great stuff, across the board.

This new one has grown on me more and more.

At first, I thought it wasn't as good as UAE but I can now see how it is AS GOOD, just in a different way. I'm not ready to say that it's better yet, because there is some truly classic stuff on that LP.

I can say that the SOUND of this new one is a bit more "sophisticated". I don't use the word "serious" because Andy has put out loads of "serious" tracks over the years that are all astounding. In that respect, this one isn't really treading new ground. However, having said that, the new stuff is top knotch.

He's out-ranking his brother, lately... if you ask me.

Btw, for any of you LA people, I saw they've had a few LP copies in for the last couple weeks. Only, they raised the price from $25 to $37.

Guest tht tne

a little bit of ceephax goes a long way for me (except acid le soken, want) but i have utmost respect for him as an artist

Archived