IGNORED

What is your favorite 90s album?

l1fef0rm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... good question. for some reason, Orbvs Terrarvm poped up when I first read this question. after about 5 minutes I gave it some thought and I agree with my first instinct.

orbus.jpg

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

LOL, that's the most difficult question I've seen proposed in a while. Not even gonna break my brain on that. Sorry.

Guest zaphod

Aphex_Twin_-_Selected_Ambient_Works,_Volume_II.jpg

but if i'm looking for an album to represent the 90's, something that's iconic, it's going to be really hard.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Their self titled was probably better album, yes Life Is Peachy had some great work but.... That was your favorite album of the 90s? Y'all realize the 90s were the greatest decade for music right? Most progressive, unique, inspired, raw fucking dawg supreme shit came outta that decade without a doubt.

The most important album of the 90's ..

R-549-1130111648.jpeg

Changed my life.

that cover makes me wonder why Intelligent Dance Music caught on instead of Electronic Listening Music...with that cover Warp is pretty much spelling out what they thought it should be called.

i remember in the mid-late 90's when i was first getting into AE and Aphex there was a little of both on message boards and in articles and whatnot

My winner is...

Frank Black - Teenager of the Year

Othere honorable mentions include...

Pigface - Fook

Fugazi - End Hits

Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage

Polygon Window - SOSW

Danzig 3: How The Gods Kill

The most important album of the 90's ..

R-549-1130111648.jpeg

Changed my life.

Mine too.

Bone Machine & SAW85-92 are the two that spring immediately to mind but I'm sure there are others that could make their case for me if I thought about it

These two came to mind for me as well. I would also consider something by Alice in Chains.

that cover makes me wonder why Intelligent Dance Music caught on instead of Electronic Listening Music...with that cover Warp is pretty much spelling out what they thought it should be called.

Yeah it's why I quite like Rephlex's take on the name - Braindance. Seems to make more sense.

Yeah it's why I quite like Rephlex's take on the name - Braindance. Seems to make more sense.

Yeah to me it looks like a 90s-era futuristic take on 50 bachelor pad music...

IMG_6795-500x508.jpg

3293967928_631d4f27b9.jpg

weezer-blue-album.jpg

Toadies_-_Rubberneck.jpg

richard+d+james+album.png

111998_F_2.jpg

jeff_buckley_grace.jpg

But seriously, narrowing down the 1990s musically is just ridiculous...

Seriously, I've just listed a few I have a lot of personal attachment to. Not even the tip of the iceberg of my favorite 90s albums.

Archived