IGNORED

Sonique

roasty

Anyone else have fond memories of this program?

Sonique is an audio player application released as freeware for Microsoft Windows, capable of handling MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Microsoft Windows Media, audio CDs, and more.

At the time when Sonique was still under development, until 2002 it was one of the most popular desktop audio players, 2nd only to Nullsoft's Winamp audio player. The major features that made Sonique famous were its use of irrectangularly-shaped skins for its user interface, the audioEnlightenment mp3 decoding engine by Tony Million, innovative audio visualizations, and a powerful graphic equalizer. Source: Wikipedia

Media_player_sonique-1.95.png

My old boss had that bad boy on his work computer. Horrible, just horrible ! Luckily though he still had this hidden away in his \windows\ folder -

win95.png

i was going to post a track by Sonique, but on listening back to one on YouTube i realised i loathe Sonique so much i couldn't bring myself to post it, even for a joke.

oh shit. I had forgotten all about this program. It was terrible.

I remember thinking realplayer/media was the most awesome shit ever.

Archived