IGNORED

Snoop Lion - Reincarnated

Nebraska

http://youtu.be/5x__9qYCNMQ

Snoop will release his debut reggae album, Reincarnated via the Vice label, under the moniker Snoop Lion.

The first single is entitled "La La La," available now, features production from Diplo and Ariel Rechtshaid, while Major Lazer is credited as executive producer.

"What we're doing is a reggae record. It's like Snoop Dogg and Major Lazer together," Diplo said to MTV. "It's all reggae and he's singing and he's doing a f--king awesome job and I never knew it, but he had his heart in every song. We're going to get back into the production of it next month, and I'm really proud of that record. It's the first record I've ever executive produced and his crew is amazing."

In addition, according to the rapper's website, Snoop Lion & the Jungle will make their first live appearance on August 3 at Toronto's Caribana 2012.

http://soundcloud.com/snooplion/la-la-la-snoop-lion

Guest Frankie5fingers

i just listened to this not more than 30 mins ago. lol. but yeah, i don't like reggae that much but this sounded pretty good. im might have to get this album.

Yeah this sounds actually legit: he seems very much into reggae and not just doing some half-baked nonsense. Always liked Snoop anyway, look forward to hearing more.

I kept seeing the name of this thread over the past week and assumed it was just another new artist making a pun off another artist or celeb's name. Then I saw a headline somewhere saying Snoop was no longer a Dog but a Lion now. I didn't read the article because I didn't care enough. Now I see this thread title and it all makes sense. Snoop Lion sounds pretty dumb though.

But whatever, reggae's not my thing.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

the track sounds well produced but snoop sounds like hes doing an impression. all the "dem"s sound funny. is it legit for a guy to do a Jamaican accent and make a reggae record?

the production but i dont want to listen to spot dog jamacain.

the track sounds well produced but snoop sounds like hes doing an impression. all the "dem"s sound funny. is it legit for a guy to do a Jamaican accent and make a reggae record?

same

what a Pharoh tranny wannabe loser

i wish Bill Hicks was still alive and could do stand up comedy on how once you are a 'gangster' rapper who acts 'real' and you have a reality show showing you making cotton candy for your children and their friends, you basically let satan fuck you in the ass and you have zero credibility from that moment forward. he sucks

edit: oh my god his Rastafarian accent is a joke right? he sounds like a white juggalo trying to do dancehall, jesus shit,

You smoke that much weed for that long though, and eventually you have to come him to jah.

;-] heh.

Be funny if this stoked a revival in the mainstream of reggae/dancehall/et al. It's been a few years, so the time is right. We'll see though.

btw, i think that its nies xat snoop haz embraesd rastafaae.

noe disS nor remiSs from the del blis

for the uninebriated, what's wrong with his thing, nothing. The song that i heard was lacking, but given time hopefully he catches a' fire.

certainly better than the teaching the kids about shooting themselves in the hip trip.

Archived