Joyrex

What songs/releases would you recommend to someone you wanted to expose to Ceephax's music? I've only got a few releases myself, and wanted to know what's a sure-fire way to get someone into his music and beyond "oh, he's Squarepusher's little bro, meh" type attitude.

Go!

His album on Planet Mu, United Acid Emirates, is a great, well polished album.

I also strongy recommend Volume 1 and Volume 2 off rephlex.

Off volume 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ompQ67cTwc

Exidy tours has more of his junglism type stuff, while Radiotin EP and Ceerial port are just oldschool sounding Acid Awesomeness.

happy ceephaxing

Exidy Tours is a good start, then move on to FSK005... Then Vol1&2, then UAE/Psychtapolis. Put Ceeland in there somewhere as well, perhaps in the gap between FSK005/VOLs.

Also Ceephax Acid Crew album! It's great acid house album as i like! Especially Acid Le Soken! ;-)

and Hardcore Wick / Acid Varsity Speciale, Hardcore Esplanade & Ceerial Port EP r amazing

But i think Joyrex has got EP & LP Ceephax from Planet Mu...

United Acid Emirates for sure!

Thirded (or is it forthed), I wasn't really a fan of Ceephax until that point - but listening to that one I was instantly in love !

Joyrex, u must have megalift ep & united acid emirates, i've read from u (here from one of WATMM posts) that u loved Castilian & Friend Track - mayb i'm wrong...

Individual tracks, yes - probably when I was seeing what Ceephax was all about and downloaded a few tracks rather than full releases.

Castilian, yes - Friend Track, no.

i listened Ceeland yesterday at night & this morning 2 come 2 the work, wooow, very good album! awesome! amazing!

Indeed. It is quite atmospheric.

I love that it is on tape. That subtle static tone gives a great vibe.

Archived