IGNORED

Jodey Kendrick - Steel Erector

Redruth

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever chose the preview clips for this album did a really really bad job. I know it makes sense to save the best parts for the people who actually decides to buy the album, but 4 realz. Some of these tracks are hella sweet but the previews make them sound like outtakes from the last album.

It's quite good.

Why does Rephlex still use those fucked up jewel cases with the little notches that cut up the artwork? I haven't seen one of those in the US in ages. C'mon Grant! quality packaging!!!

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the tip, and I got it even cheaper than that. They probably deducted the EU tax.

Bought Mental Union, Fig 4C and Steel Erector for less than 16 GBP including shipping. Good deal!

• 3 months later...

Bump, but I now 'get' this album (and his first Rephlex album + EP) for some reason. First I disliked most of Jodey's Rephlex tracks, but started getting into it from his Black Narcissus X EP + EDM A2 and B2 albums. For some reason this track and Heidi Funk have an incredible Polygon Window vibe (even the occasional computer voice saying techno music, too obvious). This album sounded pretty bland and boring at first, but after a few listens it really opens up. I think it was just too much Jodey tracks thrown at you in one year. A++

• 6 years later...

Necro bump... boxing up my vast music archives ready to move and I've stuck this on to see me through the next couple of hours.

It's a really solid album! I put it in the same basket as Rolando Simmons "World Building", in terms of recent-ish lush, acidic tunage.

• Like 1

"recent-ish" is a a bit of a stretch, though. It was released in 2012 and a collects material that was partially released three years ahead of that. ? 

• Haha 1