IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Picked up Killzone 2 used for cheap, finding I kinda like it a bit more than KZ3, the darker war-torn atmosphere is pretty cool... I'll probably pick up GTA V eventually but right now the one I'm really waiting for is Batman: Arkham Origins

Guest Enter a new display name

Rayman Legends is brilliant. Fantastic art, controls, level design, animations, sound... So much charm. Haven't been into a platformer like this in ages.

How does it compare to Rayman Origins? I really loved that game, but I'm afraid my laptop can't handle Rayman Legends' improved graphics.

So, anyone tried out this "Misery" modification for STALKER? is it good?

it looks pretty damn good. hard too. any of the big-name Stalker mods are worth a try at least.

Indeed. Apparently Misery adds quite a few new features, at least in CoP. I've never tried it myself, but looks like you can create your own stashes, and you have a reputation system with different factions, kind of like in Fallout: New Vegas.

Speaking of Fallout games, I'm back to playing Fallout 3 at the moment, even though it's slightly dated and so is my machine. There are a few upcoming titles that might inspire me enough to invest in a new PC again, such as Routine, XCOM: Enemy Within, and Wolfenstein: A New Order.

Ugh, I sound like a gluttonous game junkie.

Guest jasondonervan

Forgot how lovely that edition of the gba looked.

They are absolute perfection for portable gaming. I also have this edition safely tucked away:

stamp.jpg

Rayman Legends is brilliant. Fantastic art, controls, level design, animations, sound... So much charm. Haven't been into a platformer like this in ages.

How does it compare to Rayman Origins? I really loved that game, but I'm afraid my laptop can't handle Rayman Legends' improved graphics.

Not sure, never played Origins. It's like Origins but better as far I as I've read in the reviews. It's all so well crafted, inventive and varied. I'm a big fan. It runs very smooth on my PC, doesn't seem that taxing.

Oculus is having a VR jam and there are some really cool things coming out of it like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaFOMCOgqUA

A lot of demo's here. It's incredible how fast people can prototype ideas with Unity these days.

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=51

I caved in and ordered myself a dev kit. Probably at the worst time because they already have some prototypes running at 1920x1080. Still, I'm excited and want to try some stuff in Unity with it anyway. Arriving monday! :w00t:

Edited by Ego

completed mirrors edge

love the sterile design and feel of the city, the colours are marvelous, running around, jumping and climbing is a absolute joy, the only moment where i feel the game feels weak is when you fight and when you use a gun (and the guns are awfully designed). the music is also wicked, well excited for the sequel.

pay day 2

tons of fun, trying to do levels i stealth is my favourite, i find the game becomes a bit of a grind once you start shooting.

just cause 2

great game, controls are a bit clumsy but its too much fun the game, semi relistic city like in gta san andres onwards but with the fun and sillyness of vice city.

la noir

i only play with this with my gf and its a game that works really well to play with another person, how ever it can cause genuine rows...

dishonored

easily one of my favourite games ever, sneaking around is just a joy, gave me the same feeling as when i played hl2 and hitman 1. FUCKING LOVE IT.

excited to get rome 2

my life is over.

8m per second at the moment.

Hmm, my 93/s looks pretty shitty in comparison.

EDIT - 2,8000/s .... must go to bed.

Currently at just over 200,000/s (well on my home machine anyway)

my life is over.

8m per second at the moment.

Hmm, my 93/s looks pretty shitty in comparison.

EDIT - 2,8000/s .... must go to bed.

Currently at just over 200,000/s (well on my home machine anyway)

91,574,667.5 a sec :nyan:

If you like retro-future-horror point and click adventure, I recommend 'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream' which is based on a short story by Harlan Ellison. Ellison was even involved in the making of it.

Thanks! Will check it out =)

Speak of the Devil. Just released on GOG it seems! I'm totally gonna play it again.

http://www.gog.com/game/i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

Guest bitroast

the music and overall mood to this game is incredible.

overly violence top down action game, with drugged out hazy vibe and heavy emphasis on the soundtrack. i was rather, incredibly floored.