IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Europa Universalis IV - Tried to take over the Antwerp trade node with Burgundy a few times. First time Austria joined the war against a small Dutch state and second time I was able to conquer some small bits but then France convinced most of Europe to attack me. I was counting on my ally England but they just betrayed me. I can see myself play a lot of this, the UI has become fantastic.

Gone Home - Exploration adventure game that is making some big waves right now. It's a breath of fresh air indeed, even within the adventure game genre.

Edited by Ego

i have no idea how to actually kill the dragon, everytime i manage to attack him he just flies off.

and unfortunately i dont have xbox online so i cant get the additional material.

Make sure you don't run to the Sunlight Alter bonfire, or he'll fly off. When he's sitting on his perch, use some throwing knives to attract him down on the bridge. Try to get a hit or two on his feet, then retreat down the stairs in the middle of the bridge to avoid his fire attacks (you can tank his attacks if you're still on NG, but make sure you have a lot of fire resistance. Tanking him in NG+ or beyond is suicide no matter what your fire resistance is). Rinse and repeat.

edit - Also, he's weak to lightning IIRC, so if you have a lightning weapon, gold pine resin, Sunlight Blade or any other means of inflicting lightning damage, it 'll might make the fight quicker.

Edited by Frank Poole

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

iRacing and the Oculust : a match made in heaven! I tried it last week (not this video) and it's amazing even if it's a prototype and it's not 1080p.

Racing is really fun with the Rift. Dirt 3 is my racing games of choice for it. Even with the low resolution Dkit Oculus Rift, I can't play PC games on a monitor or even a 50" TV. Just doesn't seem right not having head tracking and the immersive inside the game greatness. The consumer version might be even higher resolution than 1080, and with positonal tracking. It's going to be so addictingly intense. I really should try to finish a lot of projects before it comes out, knowing how fun this early development kit already is.

Europa Universalis IV - Tried to take over the Antwerp trade node with Burgundy a few times. First time Austria joined the war against a small Dutch state and second time I was able to conquer some small bits but then France convinced most of Europe to attack me. I was counting on my ally England but they just betrayed me. I can see myself play a lot of this, the UI has become fantastic.

Gone Home - Exploration adventure game that is making some big waves right now. It's a breath of fresh air indeed, even within the adventure game genre.

i have such a hard on for EU games.

Would you say at this juncture it is superior to EUIII?

One major thing that im picky about is the map, it looked gorgeous in EUIII when you zoomed out (like a real map), but it looks like 4 is just borrowing the CKII one. Disappointment :(

I've never played EUIII I think. I think I played EUI or II years ago but that was a much simpler game. I played CKII a little bit but that seems a very different game with all those types of lords, lineages and what not? I honestly don't like their art. I can't make out anything on the textured map view so I'm always playing on some other map view and even that's not very clear. Can't have everything I guess.

Edited by Ego

iRacing and the Oculust : a match made in heaven! I tried it last week (not this video) and it's amazing even if it's a prototype and it's not 1080p.

Racing is really fun with the Rift. Dirt 3 is my racing games of choice for it. Even with the low resolution Dkit Oculus Rift, I can't play PC games on a monitor or even a 50" TV. Just doesn't seem right not having head tracking and the immersive inside the game greatness. The consumer version might be even higher resolution than 1080, and with positonal tracking. It's going to be so addictingly intense. I really should try to finish a lot of projects before it comes out, knowing how fun this early development kit already is.

Oh exactly. Racing sims with 3 monitors, or even worse one single, is completely out-of-date. This is a complete game changer, with 3d stereoscopic and head movement. I guess it would be the same for flight sims, it makes monitors a thing of the pass. And we're talking about the low-res prototype, not even the final consumer version (at least 1080p!). Yes it makes you look like the fucking Lawnmower man, but it's probably the biggest jump in technology since the steering wheel for racing games.

I mean ffs!

Gave up on the HL2 Black Mesa mod because it was getting too frustrating. So I'm back to playing good ol' GET OUT OF HERE S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

With the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete mod installed though, the NPCs no longer utter those memorable quotes to no end.

Guest Pennywise

Fallout New Vegas. I always prefer these games after the first playthrough. I just wish there was more music on it, I love the music. I hope that the next game comes out soon.

Fallout New Vegas. I always prefer these games after the first playthrough. I just wish there was more music on it, I love the music. I hope that the next game comes out soon.

fucking love this game. my love for this game will never run out.

ive been playing the original fallout lately and while I like it to a certain extent, its certainly really fucking dated. But I just started so who knows (im lvl 6 or something)

might replay Deus Ex HR from the previous few posts, that game really was awesome. Fuck tha haters.

Agreed about Fallout: New Vegas. That game has a special place in my asexual gamer heart.

i,m on call of pripyat with reloaded mod at the mo,great mod but it can go dark in the middle of the day,quite a lot,prefer doing my stalking in daylight,cuz i,m a scaredy cat like that

Yeah visibility quickly vanishes upon nightfall in CoP, and can be especially unnerving when a Chimera is snooping around in the dark. The periodic Emission heightens the sense of discomfort as well, but at least warnings of an approaching Emission become apparent at least a minute or two prior.

I showed my (richer/younger) bro vids of occulus rift and he ordered one, nice

So he ordered the developer kit? Does he know that the developer kit is not even HD?

met my 1st controller the other day,pretty fuckin strange! took about 10 minutes of sneak-sniping to down that freak

In Call of Pripyat? As odd as it sounds, your best approach is to actually get close to him, so he can't use his psionic attack on you. He does have a melee attack in CoP though. In Shadow of Chernobyl, the best approach is to simply dash right up to the fucker and knife him, as he has no close quarters defence in the first game.

Guest trananhhung

Bioshock Infinite is becoming really repetitive. I got to the point where Elizabet kills

Fitzroy

Is there still much more to it?

Edited by trananhhung

Bioshock Infinite is becoming really repetitive. I got to the point where Elizabet kills

Fitzroy

Is there still much more to it?

Yeah, keep playing and you'll see.

As impressive as the environments are in the game, the gameplay is a bit lackluster compared to the original Bioshock. The Skylines were really the only truly innovative gameplay aspect.