IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

think because of this thread I might replay Deus Ex: HR all weekend.

Either that for finally break out the MGS HD collection...is Peace Walker a fun game?

Guest Frankie5fingers

Saints Row IV has a dubstep gun...

And I can't stop using it

i was actually thinking of getting Saint Row IV. but ive never played any of the other games. will i be completely lost playing it or are they not connected?

Saints Row IV has a dubstep gun...

And I can't stop using it

i was actually thinking of getting Saint Row IV. but ive never played any of the other games. will i be completely lost playing it or are they not connected?

I've only played the 3rd, and it does seem they are all connected somewhat. A continuation of characters and all. I did feel a bit lost when playing 3, feeling I didn't get some references. I think you'd feel more lost if you jump into 4 directly, storywise. But believe me, these games are so ridiculous, the storyline doesn't really matter. It's all parody/pastiche/reference to other games/movies, and some elements are taken from other games, but then awesomified. Made for fun and not to be taken seriously at all. But I do recommend playing 3 as well tho. I loved that game.

Too bad this is the final of the series tho... Probably has something to do with the bankruptcy of THQ.

Edited by triachus

Guest viscosity

sooo Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is due to be released soon. not the same developers from Dark Descent/Penumbra, but they have connections with that Dear Esther game. All these deeply philosophical first-person trip games.. just started playing Gone Home, but would love to be playing this using Rift. I could only imagine the terror of playing something like Amnesia with Oculus Rift in a sensory deprivation tank on a moderate dose of ketamine... that would be one hardcore VR experience..

sooo Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is due to be released soon. not the same developers from Dark Descent/Penumbra, but they have connections with that Dear Esther game. All these deeply philosophical first-person trip games.. just started playing Gone Home, but would love to be playing this using Rift. I could only imagine the terror of playing something like Amnesia with Oculus Rift in a sensory deprivation tank on a moderate dose of ketamine... that would be one hardcore VR experience..

Gone home is amazing, beat it just a few days ago. It would do so well with the oculus rift, although I can't see what FPS game wouldn't benefit from it. I really want more games using more of Gone Home's style. It was just really fresh, and rewarding and you don't have to kill anyone to enjoy it.

Also looking forward to A machine for Pigs. The title alone has me gripped. As a fan of Dear Esther and Amnesia I am totally stoked for it. So tired of all these killing games. Finally games with decent graphics and FPS where you don't have to kill.

Minor Spoiler

Gone Home has such potential to be a great horror game, not that it's current story isn't great just if efforts were geared toward something more spooky and terrifying it would be just that

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

Almost at the end of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl on the "True Ending" path again. I never seem to get tired of this game. If I were ever to develop my own, this would definitely be an influence.

Rage, I quite like it, it's quite pretty and it's satisfying to throw the wingsticks

Especially at the Muties. Makes their heads pop off like champagne corks.

I hear there's a new XCOM: Enemy Within DLC or something like that. Kind of makes me regret selling my higher-end machine three months ago, but I desperately needed the scratch. My HP laptop I bought four years ago still works pretty well though. It's just not ideal for running the latest games.

Rage, I quite like it, it's quite pretty and it's satisfying to throw the wingsticks

Especially at the Muties. Makes their heads pop off like champagne corks.

ChingingingingTHWAP Splarghgh

Guest Tamochanter

Broken sword shadow of the templaers, shining force and dragon force monsters. Rotating em when a puzzle confounds me.

Playing Brutal DOOM now, which is a mod for the GZDoom engine. Basically it's the original DOOM with a significant overhaul in game mechanics, and is obscenely, hilariously gory.

Once you try it, you won't want to go back to the original DOOM engine.

Guest chunky

Sega Model 2 emulator on a old laptop

Enjoying Virtua Fighter 2 and Daytona USA

Really love the style and graphics of these games

Sadly there's no lightgun option available for Virtua Cop 1&2

Remember seeing a documentary of the people who made Virtua Fighter

They would sit in front of the PC all day and nearly all night barely sleeping or seeing their family, just to get the game completed

Insane obsession and dedication involved in the making of these games

You can tell that the people that made these things put a lot of care into what they were doing

Found something HILARIOUS at the end of Map 32 (Grosse) whilst playing Doom 2 with Brutal Doom applied. The Commander Keens at the end of the level had a facelift, but I don't want to spoil it any further.

Guest jasondonervan

EDGE Magazine 20th Anniversary covers, more being revealed this week

1993-Doom.png

1994-Ridge-Racer.png

1995-Wipeout.png

1996-Super-Mario-64.png

1997-Final-Fantasy-VII.png

(Before anyone asks, the second one is Ridge Racer)

Guest Qvarcos

I play Ridge Racer 7, rFactor Project D mod (It's a drift mod hence the D) Gran Turismo 5, OpenSpades (An open source client for Ace of Spades beta.), Urban Terror

EDGE Magazine 20th Anniversary covers, more being revealed this week

1993-Doom.png

The one Edge famously gave 7/10 finding it disappointing that you couldn't talk to the creatures and make alliances :lol:

Guest jasondonervan

Moar EDGE (Wil Overton for Zelda! Ahhh Super Play was the best print mag EVER):

1998-Ocarina-Of-Time.jpg

1999-Shenmue.jpg

2000-Deus-Ex.jpg

2001-Halo.jpg

2002-GTA-Vice-City.jpg

I *must* own the Shenmue and Vice City (ZX Speccy) versions.