IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Goddamn Champion's Road in Super Mario Bros. 3D World... shit is INTENSE.

Haven't made it there yet. Man some of the later stages are hard as shit! I think I've got 15 stars to go and they're all on the final (not final) world

Ah, the marathon run - yeah, it seems daunting, but since each star you get is saved, it's just a matter of time before you get them all. Champion's Road though will bend you over and not kiss you goodnight.

Congrats! Have you tried Spelunky or Rogue Legacy?

Great quick death fun.

I'm getting as far in Rogue Legacy as I am in Binding of Isaac (i.e. generally lasting

I forgot about Spelunky - I need to get back to that...

What I always wondered about - how'd they get permission to make it, when there was always the classic game (Spelunker) out there and owned by Data East I think it was?

I forgot about Spelunky - I need to get back to that...

What I always wondered about - how'd they get permission to make it, when there was always the classic game (Spelunker) out there and owned by Data East I think it was?

It isn't that similar to Spelunker other than the spelunking and being a platformer. And Spelunky is more rogue-like while Spelunker is all muscle memory. I downloaded Spelunker on our Wii for fun and finished it recently. It's a LOT easier than Spelunky. :) I got to the 4th world a handful of times.

Beat Call of Duty: Ghost the campaign part. I really didn't mind the game play. However, the ending, or the "alternate ending" rather...(which is the ending almost everyone sees) is a rip off I think.

Guest disparaissant

hopping madly between games i played when i was a kid. got a raspberry pi and have atari 2600, NES, SNES, PSX, NeoGeo, and MAME emulators compiled for it. whee!

mostly getting rly pissed off at gradius iii arcade right now. jesus what a fucking pain in the ass.

Just finished my Raspberry Pi 'old machine' build too. 15 Gig of old goodies to keep me entertained for years. As I'm lasy I used the RetroPie image so mine is - Atari 2600, Nes, Snes, Gameboy & Gameboy Advanced, Arcade, Game gear / Master system, Megadrive/Genesis, and PC Engine. And Doom. And Cave Story !

hopping madly between games i played when i was a kid. got a raspberry pi and have atari 2600, NES, SNES, PSX, NeoGeo, and MAME emulators compiled for it. whee!

mostly getting rly pissed off at gradius iii arcade right now. jesus what a fucking pain in the ass.

Just finished my Raspberry Pi 'old machine' build too. 15 Gig of old goodies to keep me entertained for years. As I'm lasy I used the RetroPie image so mine is - Atari 2600, Nes, Snes, Gameboy & Gameboy Advanced, Arcade, Game gear / Master system, Megadrive/Genesis, and PC Engine. And Doom. And Cave Story !

Whoa, what? I didn't know the Pi was powerful enough to run those emulators - where can I find instructions how to build this? What controllers work with it - and does it have HDMI out?

In other news, finally beat Champion's Road in SMB3DW - just found out to get the last 5 stamps (for 100% game completion) you have to beat the game... every level... with all 5 characters... inlcuding the Champion's Road. FML.

Started playing Devil May Cry on PS3 - Ninja Theory made this for Capcom - while I like the game/combat, the music makes me feel like I'm playing a game made by Hot Topic.

Whoa, what? I didn't know the Pi was powerful enough to run those emulators - where can I find instructions how to build this? What controllers work with it - and does it have HDMI out?

1. http://supernintendopi.wordpress.com/

2. Any USB controllers really. I use a wired 3rd party PS3 controller as it has all the buttons I need

3. Yep, it sure does, here's it running on my living room TV -

BXyHzarIEAARbuG.jpg

Guest disparaissant

Not gonna lie, it's not 100% on a lot of games. It doesn't even do 100% SNES emulation ( the only emulator that runs at full speed can't handle most games that use extra chips - Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG) It is still pretty great for a $40 investment though!

It's actually weird that it's like that bc Parappa the Rapper runs just fine. Probably just a matter of all the main SNES emus relying on a lot of x86 specific machine code.

I found everything generally ran a lot better when I took of the video smoothing of the emulators. Plus it made them look more authentic unfiltered. The only real problems I've had is, as you say, the frame rate of some of the Super FX games - apart from that everything seems to have ran fine.

Guest disparaissant
I found everything generally ran a lot better when I took of the video smoothing of the emulators. Plus it made them look more authentic unfiltered. The only real problems I've had is, as you say, the frame rate of some of the Super FX games - apart from that everything seems to have ran fine.

Are you using RetroPie? I'm just compiling everything on Raspbian, which is a bit bloated. Might have to either give RetroPie a go, or find a net install image and start from scratch.

I was considering getting an OUYA for emulation goodness, but I hate the control pad (not sure if you can use other controllers with the OUYA). This Rasberry Pi thing looks interesting. I wonder if you can have your games on a NAS and access them via that versus downloading them to the hardware?

Are you using RetroPie? I'm just compiling everything on Raspbian, which is a bit bloated. Might have to either give RetroPie a go, or find a net install image and start from scratch.

Yep - Using the precompiled .img that I just wrote to an SD card. Then just tweaked the config to remove the video filtering and add the USB control pad supprt (and remove the emulators I'd never use from the menu)

Joyrex - I'm sure you can, It's just a custom Linux build compiled to run on an ARM processor, if it's possible on Linux then it'll be possible on RasperryPi

Guest disparaissant

JR - I have all my roms on my server computer and just mount the directories to my home folder. It's p convenient! Just set it up in /etc/fstab to auto-mount when you boot and yr good.

And yeh I guess I'll give RetroPie a go even if it's not as satisfying as doing it all myself.

Edited by disparaissant

OK HI. I just finished Okami HD and while it dragged a little with some of the cutscenes, overall I thought it was bloody excellent - loved the combat, especially all the different glaives etc.

So now I need you to help me find a new ps3 game. I'm currently grinding through Deadly Premonition, but this is really a game I can only play every now and then.... reaaaaaally winds me up. I'd like something along the lines of a massive explorable world ala Zelda games or a town\city building game along the lines of age of empires or sim city, but NO stressful micromanaging bullshit or constant threat of my town getting overrun by zergs or whatever. I just want a pretty chilled out game basically, but where I can make a nice little town and roam around a bit. HAVE AT IT WATMM