IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I got a new TV this weekend. I really liked my old one but it was over 8 years old and was kinda starting to show its age. But it still works, so there's no way I'm throwing it out.

Anyways, 8 years make a huge difference with this stuff it seems. Everything is hella sharp and smooth and colorful. Makes me want to replay a bunch of stuff all over again.

Holy christ, was it even an HDTV? If it was, I'm guessing 720p.
It was a 1080i or something. The image wasn't bad, especially not back when it was new, but it was without a doubt starting to show its age. I went from 2006 to 2014 HD, I guess.

Guest jasondonervan

What a bloody weird promo - what target audience is it meant to be aimed at ?

Apparently it was a leaked PR thing, hence probably not meant for Joe Punchclock/Sally Housecoat. Still, I kinda liked it :wink:

In the wake of Nintendo's dire financial report, rumors have snowballed that the company is working on a new console, the "Nintendo Fusion". Which will comprise of a new DS unit, as well as a tv dock. Pretty much what I recommended they go after when I blew my mouth off last year. I really don't see any other way they can remain competitive with tablets and smartphones, then eliminating a need for home consoles. A hybrid portable/home console would rock the game community and put big N back in the buzz category. Of course it's all probably bullshit...

In the wake of Nintendo's dire financial report, rumors have snowballed that the company is working on a new console, the "Nintendo Fusion". Which will comprise of a new DS unit, as well as a tv dock. Pretty much what I recommended they go after when I blew my mouth off last year. I really don't see any other way they can remain competitive with tablets and smartphones, then eliminating a need for home consoles. A hybrid portable/home console would rock the game community and put big N back in the buzz category. Of course it's all probably bullshit...

Yeah I saw Machinima posted a new YouTube on that last night. The Wii U isn't doing so hot for sales apparently - kinda like their Virtual Boy from 1995.

Well I think I finally got Borderlands 2 optimized for my laptop, after spending the past few days reading troubleshooting forums and doing various tweaks on the in-game settings and game engine, updating my BIOS, and disabling all HID-compliant devices. (Straddles this thread and the "Stupid FWA/S" one)

Also, just found out Resident Evil 4 HD will finally be available on Steam at the end of February. There was a PC port that was released years ago, but they fucked up the control interface, so I hope they get it right this time. I remember having to buy a gamepad to play that one cos the keyboard controls weren't worth a damn.

Guest disparaissant

bioshock infinite is boring the shit out of me so i'm reinstalling borderlands 2. thinking of starting a new game as a siren.

bioshock infinite is boring the shit out of me so i'm reinstalling borderlands 2. thinking of starting a new game as a siren.

Siren's my fav class. I'm at lev 26 right now. Yeah Infinite's pretty and all but it's got nothin' on BL2 gameplay-wise. Might as well be reading an Ayn Rand novel or something.

Siren's my fav class. I'm at lev 26 right now. Yeah Infinite's pretty and all but it's got nothin' on BL2 gameplay-wise. Might as well be reading an Ayn Rand novel or something.

I played that game to death when it first came out. I have characters of every class at level 50. It's the most fun if you play it with a friend like I did. What a blast I had getting the platinum trophy.

Too bad you're bored of Bioshock: Infinite. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

I finally started a game in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD. I aim to finish it before Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes comes out mid-March, so I have lots of time. It's really cool so far. I really like the comic book style art interactive cutscenes:

MGS-HD-Collection-feature.jpg

Guest bitroast

Just finished Last Of Us and fwor that game is good. Started playing it and was a bit skeptical about the seemingly lenient stealth gameplay and shoot shoot shoot gameplay. But by the end was completely in awe and satisfied with the story and gameplay. Sick game and now I'm a bit lost as to what to play.

Still playing mario 3d world on and off just getting all the green stars before treating myself to the last world of levels which we haven't touched yet.

Started resident evil 5 last night co-op on single screen. Which was definitely a bit awkward and took a bit of time getting used to the low frame rate. But once got the hang of it and its (potentially a few) shortcomings, it's actually proving itself to be a fun and awesome co op resident evil game. Which is good because I enjoyed re4 quite a bit^^

snagged xcom: enemy within and am having quite a good time with it!

Yeah that's one I want to try once I can afford a better machine.

Started resident evil 5 last night co-op on single screen. Which was definitely a bit awkward and took a bit of time getting used to the low frame rate. But once got the hang of it and its (potentially a few) shortcomings, it's actually proving itself to be a fun and awesome co op resident evil game. Which is good because I enjoyed re4 quite a bit^^

RE5/Biohazard 5 was decent overall. I liked the African setting and the history behind it going back to the first game. The inventory system was a bit crap tho - a minigun takes up the same amount of space as an herb, for example.

Guest Pennywise

snagged xcom: enemy within and am having quite a good time with it!

Yeah that's one I want to try once I can afford a better machine.

RE5/Biohazard 5 was decent overall. I liked the African setting and the history behind it going back to the first game. The inventory system was a bit crap tho - a minigun takes up the same amount of space as an herb, for example.

The worst thing about that game is the wesker fight before the boat. Fuck, hide for 7 minutes was literally what the developers thought was a good idea.

Guest bitroast

Yeah. Just from playing it last night a few things just out as being a bit weird and off about the game. The inventory system and sharing with second player seemed confusing. Buuut. It seems like a bit of fun so it doesn't seem all bad : )

Plus that fight with Jill where you have to rip that control unit from her chest...I remember Chris shouting "I don't want to hurt you!" and then accidentally killed her. lol.

I heard an improved version of RE4 is being re-released on PC

Yes sir, that is confirm. End of February. (http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/345564/scitech/geeksandgaming/windows-pc-version-of-resident-evil-4-ultimate-hd-edition-out-february)

Edited by ambermonk