IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest Lucy Faringold

Audio cuts out at :48s into bladelores for a split second.

Happens on the promo too. Could be part of the track I guess but it does feel a bit odd.

about to get to Bladelores...so far favorites on side 1 are Fleure, Flep,and Tuinorizn...found the stretch from Irlite through vekoS pretty barren...

are you listening to it on your laptop speakers again ?

tumblr_l9euil5ltZ1qaq1gu.png

im on #6, with the exceptions of some parts of irlite this is really rocking, lots of interesting stuff going on

Guest pixelives

Yeah I've been feeling that from the get go. But combined with software modulations and effects. But much better mix than Quaristice. Like it was pieced together bit by bit as opposed to just stereo takes. It feels a bit jammy and loose but well composed and also hi fi.

about to get to Bladelores...so far favorites on side 1 are Fleure, Flep,and Tuinorizn...found the stretch from Irlite through vekoS pretty barren...

are you listening to it on your laptop speakers again ?

tumblr_l9euil5ltZ1qaq1gu.png

im on #6, with the exceptions of some parts of irlite this is really rocking, lots of interesting stuff going on

listening to it on headphones.

the mix is very cinematic and spacious, but sorry to say not really feeling most of it. Will bite my tongue a bit as I segue to side 2...

i always associate Ae albums with landscapes, for example for me Chiastic was always a world made of cogs and gears and steam powered machinery, confield was like an barren alien planet, draft like an alternate dimension, untilted like harsh desert, quaristice like underwater, oversteps icy mountains and glaciers

... Exai is definitely outer space

amazing how those 2 come up with new stuff every time... .. .Quar was for me the least interesting album, I consider Confield their best album...but this one.......

tumblr_mhv1zebOCj1qgzvjmo1_500.jpg

Still can't connect, and I gotta go home now. Was hoping to have a download that I could listen to on the drive home :(

*edit*

Can somebody shop the above pic to include Flep the dolphin and Conan the barbarian.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by feltcher

i always associate Ae albums with landscapes, for example for me Chiastic was always a world made of cogs and gears and steam powered machinery, confield was like an barren alien planet, draft like an alternate dimension, untilted like harsh desert, quaristice like underwater, oversteps icy mountains and glaciers

... Exai is definitely outer space

I'd love to see a thread about that