IGNORED

is this reaction out of line or am i a bitch?

Hoodie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sign of getting old is almost experiencing a physical shudder at the mere suggestion of 'rolling' at a large show. I'm such an old man i can't imagine not doing those drugs in the safety of my own home.

I'm such an old man the thought of being around a bunch of 19 year olds on MDMA makes me want to vomit.

...and I'm a DJ.

its pretty amazing how quickly an internet website ie: facebook has caused so much extra drama in people's lives that would't have been there minus said website

In the +/- 2 years I've been on it I must say that Facebook has brought some drama into my life but also quite a few really good things and the good things by far outweigh the drama. Maybe the scales will tip at some point and I'll have to reevaluate my presence on the site but for now I'm good.

Hoodie shouldn't feel bad and also what Franklin said.

This will blow over I'm sure. The only legit reason he has would be the room charges for the hotel assuming he can't change the booking anymore. Your friend comes across like a prick from your description but whatever, who knows how much history you guys have and what is going on with him and so forth.

I had a similar thing happen to me once when I backed out of a weekend where someone had booked and paid for my spot already. Even though I had good reason to (IMO), I still had to put my foot down. I put it down ever so gently though, and I think we're still friends, LOL.

Guest Franklin

I am surprised anyone would deal with this type of behavior on any level. If one of my friends did that to me, I would cut them off immediately. I would never speak to them, ever. I would delete them from my Facebook, and delete their phone number from my phone. I would write a letter to their family, employers, and coworkers telling them how much of a piece of trash they are. How dare you? All of my friends do exactly what I tell them to, and respond to my emotions and actions exactly how I want them to. I vetted my friends before considering them a friend. Who doesn't do that? Stay away from these people all together. If they turn on you mid-friendship? Destroy their lives.

*is a sociopath*

this post made me laugh a lot reid. Obviously lots of that is in jest but the underlying reaction is true for a lot of people... even me to some extent. Sometimes you gotta fight this because it's possible for redemption and it sucks when ppl completely shut that out.

good luck hoodie:)!

this is why facebook is evil.

its like trying to read a book through a fish, youre gonna get the wrong message

+1 for not in the wrong, be free, live your life

people change plans, friends shouldn't make you feel shitty about it.

even if you were being a dick (clearly not the case) a friend should be cool about it.

"bro, what's up? you're not being lush atm."

end of

btw it's advisable to never commit to a festival/outing until you know the cost and the lineup/itinerary. going because your friends are going is not a good enough reason imo.

This is the reason I went to see Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) and Talib Kweli in my city last year. I didn't care less that I went alone.

I'd rather go to a good performance without company than to a crappy one with company.

people change plans, friends shouldn't make you feel shitty about it.

even if you were being a dick (clearly not the case) a friend should be cool about it.

"bro, what's up? you're not being lush atm."

end of

Friends should be honest and frontal to each other. You don't discard relationships just because it isn't working for a moment. You give it chances.

It sounds like you're making the right decision in not going, and your friend kind of sounds like an asshole... but obviously there may be other factors that lead to him saying what he said that I don't know about. Regardless, it sounds like he doesn't show you the respect a friend deserves. Shitty text aside, the fact that he's disappointed in you for not wanting to do mdma with them is super lame.

I only read the first page, so sorry to repeat what's probably already been mentioned a dozen times.

Guest onesixoneight

Some words from an older person(not necessarily wise).

Hoodie, your head is screwed on the right way and your friends head is not. Please remember this fact.

I thought its because it was love (a justification for being mental)but apparently its not.

The reaction you got was totally over the top and unwarranted, could be the personality type or the drugs or both.

Your friend needs to apologize to you if he wants to stay friends.

Facebook is a pain in the ass and gets people in all sorts of shit. Think before you post.

Keep your priorities in check.

Smile and move on.

he sounds like high maintenance, immature, emotionally needy and prone to being overly dramatic. dunno if that's the case or something you've got used to dealing with in this relationship but...

FUCK THAT!!

i cannot be arsed with such people!

its pretty amazing how quickly an internet website ie: facebook has caused so much extra drama in people's lives that would't have been there minus said website

Yep. I can honestly say it was a huge factor in destroying a long term relationship I was in. I deleted my Facebook profile a while back and I can honestly say it was a great decision.

and lol at people suggesting the guy's mind is drug-addled just cos he wants to take mdma at a music festival.

Innit. Fucking hell.

Archived