IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

Seriously, ya'll...

PEEP this. .. (Victor Feldman's Generation Band- super mix of their music from the mid 80's). Incredible.

http://youtu.be/6pBHOr7Xwzw

I will partake. Speaking of, reminds me of Parkay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leQsRqMN230

This is nice! DAT SAX!

Whoa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzkss9zOgj0

Trigger ~~~~ @ 30 seconds

lol.. I love this. Kinda reminds me of Sandra Bullock in The Net. Someone needs to vaporize a scene from here and add music (:

Not technically vaporwave, but still good:

http://desktopmusic.bandcamp.com/album/return-to-zero

Love the arp at 0:34 in the spearmint vid, wish I could get a dry sample of that. LA Super Rhythms is great.

Kinda Gamesy, like if they didn't go full cheese on Channel Pressure.

Yeah a bit. Not as "full" as games; not as heavily compressed and pop-ey. Return to Zero strikes me as one of the saddest songs I've ever heard for some reason. It sounds really empty.

Guest jasondonervan

Love the arp at 0:34 in the spearmint vid, wish I could get a dry sample of that. LA Super Rhythms is great.

Did you check out the other releases? They aren't vapor-based, but this one is well lush... in a Steve Moore/Zombi kinda way:

a3904269072_2.jpg

Bandcamp page

Thanks for the tip-off, gmanyo!

Just came across some new sexy vapors from ULTRA ウルトラ.. Nice stuff...

[sc5]123409094[/sc5]

I stopped listening to this on my soundcloud stream earlier today when that "Time to toke" comment came up. It was in sheer anger.

Edited by sheatheman

Did you check out the other releases? They aren't vapor-based, but this one is well lush... in a Steve Moore/Zombi kinda way:

a3904269072_2.jpg

Bandcamp page

Thanks for the tip-off, gmanyo!

The guitar in Return to Zero makes me want to listen to that Torn Hawk album. Is it still $10 for 2 tracks? Am I missing something?

Return to Zero is just one track, innit?

You could always drop some fat stacks on Sky Lobby instead? :huh:

H7yoURe.jpg

Wow. Not even the actual price is safe from the vaporwave aesthetic. Nice touch.

I was talking about this btw, bad wording on my part:

http://beerontherug.bandcamp.com/album/fist

I see it is 5 tracks. The 2 I was talking about was the number of previews I guess.

RTZ is free, he's talking about the ridiculous pricing at Beer on the Rug. There are a couple things on that site that I totally would paid for if they weren't stupid expensive.

edit:

ninja'd. But even for five songs, 10 bucks is not really that worth it.

Edited by gmanyo

[sc5]123409094[/sc5]

I stopped listening to this on my soundcloud stream earlier today when that "Time to toke" comment came up. It was in sheer anger.

thats actually not that angering of a comment for me, you should seriously see some of these soundcloud accounts where people pay a chinese company to get them 3,000 + followers. They almost seem like they are generated with an algorithm. 'this part RIGHT HERE' 'Siiiiick beatz yo' stuff like that

[sc5]123409094[/sc5]

thats actually not that angering of a comment for me, you should seriously see some of these soundcloud accounts where people pay a chinese company to get them 3,000 + followers. They almost seem like they are generated with an algorithm. 'this part RIGHT HERE' 'Siiiiick beatz yo' stuff like that

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Sheathe, yeah I saw that too, and got a little upset (:

John, totally. What's funny is a band that I was in/wrote/produced with for a while that had a pretty decent national following in the indie powerpop/electropop world ended up using those kinds of services. I was so pissed because being part of the music, I didn't want to have anything to do with such comment spam garbage.. It was a Youtube vid that we had 50k views (of which i truly believe most were legit-- they actually actually hired the marketing team after a lot of views gathered).. anyway, after around 40 some k views, there started to show up comments like:

"Suuuuuuuuuuuuubbb S C R I B E D!!"

"music hits bests!"

"great"

"subbed"

"love your channel, thanks"

"keep it up"

"wow music"

"how did you learn to DO that?"

"instant fan"

"american iiiiidols!"

"keep it up and you'll get right to the top!!!"

"rockin!"

and last but not least, those ones that truly absurd like:

"on your waaaay 3*78 ht) to? stardom music!"

Edited by Lane Visitor

[sc5]123409094[/sc5]

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

John, totally. What's funny is a band that I was in/wrote/produced with for a while that had a pretty decent national following in the indie powerpop/electropop world ended up using those kinds of services. I was so pissed because being part of the music, I didn't want to have anything to do with such comment spam garbage.. It was a Youtube vid that we had 50k views (of which i truly believe most were legit-- they actually actually hired the marketing team after a lot of views gathered).. anyway, after around 40 some k views, there started to show up comments like:

"music hits bests!"

"great"

"subbed"

"keep it up"

"wow music"

"instant fan"

"american iiiiidols!"

"rockin!"

I want to make the most boring music ever and pay these bots to do this.

edit:

or just videos of really strange things, like turtle sex or people crying

Edited by gmanyo

[sc5]123409094[/sc5]

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

"music hits bests!"

"great"

"subbed"

"keep it up"

"wow music"

"instant fan"

"american iiiiidols!"

"rockin!"

I want to make the most boring music ever and pay these bots to do this.

edit:

or just videos of really strange things, like turtle sex or people crying

This non-musician IT guy managed to top the charts on iTunes and generate $1000+ royalties using public domain MIDI tracks and spam tactics. Hilarity ensues as the music starts to get reviewed:

[youtubehd]PomBYSELEPE[/youtubehd]

Wow, this is really good- thanks for the tip, gmanyo!

Haha, YES! You should totally do that experiment of making a really boring video and pay like 10 bucks to have a bunch of bots and random ppl from Southeast Asia comment on it. That would be beyond vaporwave lol

Sick! This article actually influenced me to check out more of Auto, and Lindsheaven Virtual Plaza's stuff.. Brilliant! I ended up purchasing Auto's "Line One" (it's all on-hold music/automated voices from various eras with various companies slightly warped and arranged into weird laid back tracks- -so good- fell alsleep to it last night). - http://ailanthusrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/line-ne

Also purchased a limited cassette and digital copy of Lindsheaven's Nordwrong (http://lindsheavenvirtualplaza.bandcamp.com/) really good stuff too.. more downtempo/trip hop vibe, but still kinda kitschy and very weather-channel related. Looking forward to the tape coming.. it's limited to 30, so i had to grab one