IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

And so perfect... Its kind of where i think corporate stock muzak left off... I actually had some visual ideas for spam/virus/scam themes as well. If someone wants to make some multimedia/images relating to the theme, id be glad to have Donovan do some kind of stock music for getting rid of spam-- he'll do a business server spam theme, or a pyramid scheme/top 10 webhosting/afilliate marketing thing.. Or one of those spyware removers thats actually spyware itself!

"If you're listening to this message right now, it probably means you're one in 5 people that are going to have major health problems down the road. In fact, 33% of people in the U.S. aren't health-concious, and so their chances of getting a life-threatening or dibilitating sickness are escalated. By following the advice that comes with our Eco-friendly Internet Food diagram concept, you'll find out how to get back your body and mind immediately. Let me start bry telling you about a SUPERfruit that lowers your bad chloesterol, gives you more energy, and increades you lifespan. Click here to sign up and, and start living now!

Guest Ron Manager

i don't post much in here, but just biked in to say cheers for all the recommendations and links you guys all flag up. some really cool stuff is getting posted. presently enjoying this Business Casual 87 label!

:beer:

Hey... so I'm thinking about releasing the first Donovan Hikaru EP, "Corporate Parasailing" (comprised of all the tracks I posted in this thread) as a free digital download via Bandcamp. Would anyone be interested in this?

Thanks!

<3

P.S.-- I've already started working on a track for his next release "Pie of Opportunity (Business Professionals ONLY- Pizza Party!)"

Edited by Lane Visitor

Would anyone be interested in this?

doitdoitdoit

and i'll get around to listening to it sometime in the current epoch, when i start parsing the ten zillion albums in this thread

@prdctvsm

that logo is so good it makes me want to actually make a spambient track

Would anyone be interested in this?

doitdoitdoit

and i'll get around to listening to it sometime in the current epoch, when i start parsing the ten zillion albums in this thread

@prdctvsm

that logo is so good it makes me want to actually make a spambient track

otaaay! :derp: ill let you guyz know when it's up and ready (:

Every time I'm confronted with vaporwave I'm reminded of David Foster Wallace and reading Infinite Jest, too bad he isn't around to write an essay on this genre.

I left a spambient message on my friend's phone the other day. I had the voice down, he said.

"It may already be too late. Your computer may already be infected with a virus that will destroy the pictures of loved ones you hold so dear." etc.

Huewave is a thing now.

oh btw, im proposing a new genre.. not huewave, not post-vaporwave, not new wave, not nowwave or futurewave...

... not quite in the moment, not in the past and not in the future, but rather, just "not too long ago"...

RECENTWAVE.

post-11726-0-09596900-1389220516_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane Visitor

Recentwave will be bringing back the sounds of 2012/ first half of 2013.. as well as the sounds and sights of 2009 (in certain genres). Stylistically, we're going with a mashup of everything from 2007-2011, but concept-wise will be much more recent (like everything from June 2013- December 2013).

It's gonna be groundbreaking.

Edited by Lane Visitor

this track from 2007 pretty much encapsulates the true essence of Recentwave:

You are spot on. When the internet felt pretty good and it was all Clark and Bjork and Thom Yorke and Aphex and before all of preceding began acknowledging each other.

http://christtt.bandcamp.com/track/brokend

a0652031246_10.jpg

I watch this show every night. I watch this every single night with your son.

Edit: Man I'm laughing at that cover.

lololol! yes, i love that cover too!

this track from 2007 pretty much encapsulates the true essence of Recentwave:

You are spot on. When the internet felt pretty good and it was all Clark and Bjork and Thom Yorke and Aphex and before all of preceding began acknowledging each other.

right??? ahh the glory days of RECENT lol

oh boy she (bjork)

needs shut up once in a while and let some of the track get through. still find that growl she does highly sexy though.. anyway, cheers to recentwave!

i hear you, Mister... esp as of recently, ive wanted her to just let her voice be with the music (like it it sorta used to be) instead of over it.. havent followed much of her new stuff cuz i feel like she turned that direction a bit, like musicality became a background, and her concepts and voice for the sake of voice become the forefront. still, i idolize her and respect all of her output. and yes, :beer: !

Donovan Hikaru's first release!!! 6 trk EP: "Corporate Parasailing: A Guided Journey For Your Company's Flight To Success by Donovan Hikaru"

Just uploaded to bandcamp.... free downloads... He made a new track tonight that's included on there that he hasn't posted yet for all you watmmers (track 4).

ALL ORIGINAL MUSIC_ ALL DONOVAN.

Bandcamp link:

http://donovanhikaru.bandcamp.com/album/corporate-parasailinga2895445392_10.jpg

a2895445392_10.jpg

<3

Thanks ya'll! Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Lane Visitor